NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing on Irsay but Tomlin steps near the field and doesn't end up affecting the play = close to losing first round pick

Almost forgot about Rice....guess that is just being forgotten? No consistency

F Roger, absolute worst

Seems like an honest "mistake" (odd choice of words) with Mathis but looking above definitely needs an investigation by the league. If all checks out hope he is cleared. Not a subject I'm willing to make jokes on

But Rice's case was thrown out

You guys remember that Roger works for the owners, right? Don't be surprised that a punishment for Irsay is late or may not ever come. NFL is bulletproof when it comes to public scrutiny; we'll complain about pushing back the draft and rule changes that turn it into a pass happy league, but people will keep watching and keep paying the NFL.

Lmao

Manny Ramirez took fertility drugs too. Ain't buying it for a second lol

This reeks of Cushing's "over trained athlete syndrome"

Nothing on Irsay but Tomlin steps near the field and doesn't end up affecting the play = close to losing first round pick

Almost forgot about Rice....guess that is just being forgotten? No consistency

F Roger, absolute worst

Seems like an honest "mistake" (odd choice of words) with Mathis but looking above definitely needs an investigation by the league. If all checks out hope he is cleared. Not a subject I'm willing to make jokes on
That was bush league by Tomlin.. come on now

Re: Mathis...  The fertility drugs he took are used in anabolic steroid cycles (from reddit).  

Clomid[emoji]174[/emoji] is the commonly referenced brand name for the drug clomiphene citrate. It is not an anabolic steroid, but a prescription drug generally prescribed to women as a fertility aid.

For athletic purposes, Clomid does not offer a tremendous benefit to women. In men however, the elevation in both follicle stimulating hormone and (primarily) luteinizing hormone will cause natural testosterone production to increase. This effect is especially beneficial to the athlete at the conclusion of a steroid cycle when endogenous testosterone levels are depressed. If endogenous testosterone levels are not brought beck to normal, a dramatic loss in size and strength is likely to occur once the anabolics have been removed. This is due to the fact that without testosterone (or other androgens), the catabolic hormone cortisol becomes the dominant force affecting muscle protein synthesis (quickly bringing about a catabolic metabolism). Often referred to as the post-steroid crash, it can quickly eat up much of your newly acquired muscle. Clomid can play a crucial role in preventing this crash in athletic performance.

Source
Yep, if you go on the bodybuilding.com forums Clomid is considered a popular PCT when coming off a cycle. Mathis knew what he was doing

Losing a first round draft pick was nowhere near appropriate for a bush league move. I'm fine with his punishment personally but holding that loss of a pick over the teams head was asinine

Regardless I brought it up tongue in cheek but it is sad to see no comments from the shield on Irsay

Re Mathis, are men prescribed it for fertility purposes? Is that legit?

Last edited:
ESPN out there looking like the dude whose not allowed in to the Playboy Mansion for the pajama party.

Holtzman looking sad.

Losing a first round draft pick was nowhere near appropriate for a bush league move. I'm fine with his punishment personally but holding that loss of a pick over the teams head was asinine

Regardless I brought it up tongue in cheek but it is sad to see no comments from the shield on Irsay

Goodell talks so much about "protecting the brand" and whatever. A NFL owner acting crazy, doing interviews looking hungover does not make the league look good. Owners should be held to a higher standard than anybody else but Irsay is one of his bosses so it doesn't surprise me that he's taking it easy on him.

Doesn't make it right or just

Rookie camp! C'mon time to build for the future

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I think a head coach physically interfering in a game is pretty unacceptable for any professional sport.

Call me crazy but I think a head coach physically interfering in a game is pretty unacceptable for any professional sport.

No I'm shocked at that opinion :lol:

Never said it was acceptable. Loss of a first round draft pick? Asinine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom