NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You feel no pity from me as most fans.

Why?

A-Rod
mean.gif

laugh.gif
Yea well we're 1 A-Rod injury away from getting beat by 28 in the rest of our games this season.

Like I said no remorse :lol: take your first world problems over there :lol: yes in salty

Apparently Todd Herreman might miss the rest the season for the Eagles Oline :smh: RIP Vick :smh:

He's just not that good.

He's really not. And Chris Ivory has shown, repeatedly now, that he can be an effective back in the NFL. Couple years ago when Pierre Thomas went down, Ivory ran for over 200 yards in a game and had some solid showings. He should have earned more carries from those performances alone.

Damn, Texan fans might be able to breathe a bit...Peanut might miss the game if his wife goes into labor...Wish him & his wife all the best....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/bears-could-be-without-tillman-against-texans/

Bears could be without Tillman against Texans
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 7, 2012, 11:12 AM EST

Bears cornerback Charles Tillman specializes in takeaways.

But a delivery might keep him off the field this week.

Tillman told 670 The Score he might miss Sunday’s game against the Texans if his wife goes into labor.

“The wife is due any day, so hopefully this baby can stay in until after the game on Sunday,” Tillman said. “I hope she stays in – I’m having another girl. Monday, for sure, but if she comes Sunday, I think I’m going to have to be at the hospital Sunday. So, I hope she stays in until after Sunday.”

While that may not sound as considerate as I’m sure it was intended, Tillman deserves credit for having his priorities in order.

He also deserves consideration for defensive player of the year honors through the first half.

He has seven forced fumbles and two interceptions returned for touchdowns, leading the Bears to a 7-1 record.

But that pales in comparison to what he’s scheduled to receive soon.

i'd rather he was playing. you always want to play a team at full strength. if we beat them now, i'll probably have to hear about how they didn't have peanut tillman :smh: (not saying i think we'll beat them)

Reactions: mmg
I was looking at the Cowboy game I couldn't stop laughing...Garrett was running Murray as much as he should've when Murray was healthy & then on Sunday decides to establish the run with Felix whose been the model of inconsistency his whole career. How does Felix have a rep for not being durable then come to camp at the beginning of the year waaay out of shape...Only in cowboy land...
Just saw this story posted on ProFootballTalk
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/jimmy-johnson-calls-jerry-jones-g-m-claims-a-crock/

Im glad you posted this, cause i said before earlier in the thread and i forgot who it was that didnt agree with me. (prob a cowboys fan)

He needs to take a step back from the team, needs to let the football people make football decisions and moves.

Hes a great businessman, fine, GM / Etc..... Eh.

they havent been a championship caliber team (all angles of the game) since Johnson ( Barry one a Chip with basically Johnsons players )

coaches that should be fired this season or at the end of it:

andy reid
rex ryan (first the fat boyz break up)
norvell turner
marvin lewis (how has he managed to keep his job for so long? and they gave him a 1-2 year extension? smh)

LOL @ marvin lewis, 2 playoff appearances, 2 first round exits...a bunch of seasons 8-8, 7-9, 4-12....this dude is the black norv turner....keeps his job and gets contract extension after mediocrity...

honorable mention list:
mike shanahan
jason garrett
chan gailey
romeo crennel

I peeped Tillmans FF numbers over the years... 36 since 2003.
sick.gif

Chuck Woodson was known as the slap chop king forcing fumbles and hes got 29.  Can't say I'd expect Chuck to have 7 this season even if he wasn't injured.

I peeped Tillmans FF numbers over the years... 36 since 2003. :x

Chuck Woodson was known as the slap chop king forcing fumbles and hes got 29.  Can't say I'd expect Chuck to have 7 this season even if he wasn't injured.

he legitimately punches at the ball. not even strips, he throws hands man :lol:

I get so mad when I see these young guys (WRs & RBs) not taking care of the ball. These defenders are doing a good job of punching out or trying to punch out balls & these young hucklebucks just haphazardly loafing with the rock...

Last edited:
Havent the Bears always done that.

They hold up the players while the other dudes come and do work.

I get so mad when I see these young guys (WRs & RBs) not taking care of the ball. These defenders are doing a good job of punching out or trying to punch out balls & these young hucklebucks just haphazardly loafing with the rock...
Yeah I've watched Woodson use his go-to judo chop for years now... Dudes out there cradling the ball away from the body and dude been able to just slap it outta there.

The Bears D swarms to the ball better than the pack though... Chuck been burned trying to force fumbles and allowing big gains.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

"Sam Bradford, probably getting sacked" "**** like Wilfork", "This time, it's gonna be a spiral" :rofl: :rofl:

*dead* at Marvin Lewis being "the black Norv Turner"

coaches that should be fired this season or at the end of it:

andy reid
rex ryan (first the fat boyz break up)
norvell turner
marvin lewis (how has he managed to keep his job for so long? and they gave him a 1-2 year extension? smh)

LOL @ marvin lewis, 2 playoff appearances, 2 first round exits...a bunch of seasons 8-8, 7-9, 4-12....this dude is the black norv turner....keeps his job and gets contract extension after mediocrity...

LOL @ comparing Marvin Lewis to Norv Turner.

Bengals NEVER sign any top big names in free agency, never resign the stars they have on their own team, and have to work with other teams trash every season. Last season, they were projected to be one of the worst teams in the league with a rookie QB after Carson held out. Instead, Marvin coached his team to a 9-7 for a AFC Wildcard spot in the hardest division in football. Marvin is one of the most underrated coaches in the NFL.

Norv Turner had one of the most loaded rosters in the league for 5 seasons and never made it to the big game. He was always put into a position to succeed but failed every season. Every season, the Chargers expected a Superbowl run and they never got there. He never had his team prepared to begin the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom