NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Niners fans aren't in too much of a tizzy over Kaepernick just yet.

No reason here that anyone should rush to judgement and I don't care what team they just played. Colin was very efficient, but not Alex Smith efficient, he was able to throw down the field, throw with accuracy, and seemed a lot more poised than he did last week. It was his first start though, so let's give it a few weeks to see what happens when defenses start prepping for Colin.
Every thread I've steppe into is let Kap start
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Dude had one game. And are willing to put the season in hiss hands.

Yeah, one game against a really good defense.........or what others thought to be the best defense in the league.  I would gladly go with the QB with the hot hand right now.

God speed Papi.

some of you guys kill me.

you all have mentioned Alex isnt the key...Alex is holding back the niners...the niners will never win it all with Alex. etc.etc.
And now, when we've been excited and hoping for Kaep to have his shot and he actually performs well...you guys do a 180 and talk up Alex? really?

Yes it's one game, but WE all know Alex smith is a limited QB and we already know his ceiling.

and before you guys give the whole... 'alex led you guys to 1 game away from the super bowl' ....no he didn't. The Def and ST did.

Rome was not built in one day. You don't stray away from what brought you long term success for a flash pan hoping for lighting in a bottle. One game is one game is one game.

If Colin K. had a larger sample size, one could justify the QB change....but after the Peyton fiasco in the off-season, resigning Alex, a QB change at this juncture would end his tenure in San Francisco. You guys want it over that bad?

Like others have said 25-27 4 Touchdowns 0 interception against division rivals is a pretty hot hand.
Why is it that Henne exposed the Texans D, but Kaep didn't expose the Bears? Both back ups with lot's of success, though Jags dont have near the defense of San Fran
Oh we wont win it all with Smith? based on He's come pretty close and is 29
because Kaep brought us back vs Rams?

Last edited:
Like others have said 25-27 4 Touchdowns 0 interception against division rivals is a pretty hot hand.
Why is it that Henne exposed the Texans D, but Kaep didn't expose the Bears? Both back ups with lot's of success, though Jags dont have near the defense of San Fran

What the **** are you talking about?

What you posted makes no sense.

you all have mentioned Alex isnt the key...Alex is holding back the niners...the niners will never win it all with Alex. etc.etc.
And now, when we've been excited and hoping for Kaep to have his shot and he actually performs well...you guys do a 180 and talk up Alex? really?
Yes it's one game, but WE all know Alex smith is a limited QB and we already know his ceiling.
and before you guys give the whole... 'alex led you guys to 1 game away from the super bowl' ....no he didn't. The Def and ST did.

Who is talking up Alex? I sure as hell am not. And from where I'm sitting, all the "let Kaepernick start" chatter has been from the SF fanbase. Besides, the fact that people are saying let's give Colin more time before we say he's the guy going forward doesn't mean people are saying that Alex Smith actually is the QB the Niners need behind center. It's purely looking at Colin and objectively thinking "okay, the kid look pretty damn good against a very good defense, but let's just see what happens down the road when he's facing some adversity or when defeneses prepare for him."

What the **** are you talking about?

What you posted makes no sense.
laugh.gif

that fantasy **** really seeped into the way the game is regulated :smh:
I know alot of yall love it... just not my thing. And it's directly part of the reason that the league is stressing high scoring games
I agree somewhat. The popularity of fantasy played a large role in the explosion of the league. I liked it when it was a niche. I won't be playing again after this year.

Who is talking up Alex? I sure as hell am not. And from where I'm sitting, all the "let Kaepernick start" chatter has been from the SF fanbase. Besides, the fact that people are saying let's give Colin more time before we say he's the guy going forward doesn't mean people are saying that Alex Smith actually is the QB the Niners need behind center. It's purely looking at Colin and objectively thinking "okay, the kid look pretty damn good against a very good defense, but let's just see what happens down the road when he's facing some adversity or when defeneses prepare for him."

Colin Kaepernick did in his first career start what we have been waiting 8 years to see Alex Smith do. I too, would love to base my decision on a larger sample size, but one game is more than enough to say that he can do things Alex cant.

I don't think Fantasy has altered how the game is played. Player safety has.
This leagues are built upon the foundation of superstar players. Folks don't want to watch Jason Campbell vs Colin K. They want starting QBs and other stars on the field, not sitting at home with concussions and blown out knees. The increase in QB protection and penalties on defeseless WR/QB is an obvious assertation of that notion.

I think it's both.

Ed reed won his appeal. Will only pay 50 grand instead. No suspension. That was fast

Espn going full throttle creating a QB controversy in San Fran.

I don't think Fantasy has altered how the game is played. Player safety has.
This leagues are built upon the foundation of superstar players. Folks don't want to watch Jason Campbell vs Colin K. They want starting QBs and other stars on the field, not sitting at home with concussions and blown out knees. The increase in QB protection and penalties on defeseless WR/QB is an obvious assertation of that notion.

I think it's both.

Ed reed won his appeal. Will only pay 50 grand instead. No suspension. That was fast

Espn going full throttle creating a QB controversy in San Fran.

Did SF coach something at the press last night that fueled this ?

I had around the horn on In the background, I don't know exactly what he said. They said he hinted at changing QB's last night and showed a clip

I had around the horn on In the background, I don't know exactly what he said. They said he hinted at changing QB's last night and showed a clip

Yea I wasn't paying attention after the game, he said a couple of things, then Dilfer and Young started saying how he's going to fuel a QB controversy.

Hopefully Niners fans aren't in too much of a tizzy over Kaepernick just yet.
No reason here that anyone should rush to judgement and I don't care what team they just played. Colin was very efficient, but not Alex Smith efficient, he was able to throw down the field, throw with accuracy, and seemed a lot more poised than he did last week. It was his first start though, so let's give it a few weeks to see what happens when defenses start prepping for Colin.

I got a ton of love for Kaep and Im with you 100 here. Dudes in the Monday Night game thread are juicin fer Kaep to take over now. It would be ridiculous to change QBs after he led us to a 6-2 start, especially after just 1 start. 1 Start.

met a dude at work today. was a high school kicker that spurrier was recruiting...until russell wilson tore the kid's knee up :smh:

he said russell was a good dude though...no hard feelings or anything :lol:

Last edited:
dude at work was a high school kicker that spurrier was recruiting...until russell wilson tore the kid's knee up :smh:
he said russell was a good dude though...no hard feelings or anything :lol:

wait, how did he do that? :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom