NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a knee jerk move despite what people think. Harbaugh moved up in the draft to get Kaep two years ago, and has been grooming him since. He's not just some backup who played well, he was drafted as the future from day one. Only Harbaugh watches him practice and knows how far into his development he is. This decision wasn't just made after the Sunday's game, it just happened sooner than expected. Harbaugh knows 100% what he has in Kaep, and knows how much more of a dynamic offense this team can have with him. Alex is a good QB and ask anybody on NT (deuce) how much I've supported him through the good and bad, but with Alex we know his ceiling now and he's reached the limit. Although he is consistent and can have great games, when it gets bad it gets pretty bad and unfortunately the bad games tend to happen against teams who can actually play defense. Kaep did in one game to an elite defense what Alex hasn't been able to do. He made them look terrible. Who knows how much of that has to do with the Bears lack of preperation for him and how much of that was all Kaep, but it looked amazing. Much better than what we have seen Alex against good defenses. Kaep appears to have a higher ceiling as well especially with that arm of his, and he's only in year two so he will improve. One thing we must be cautious about though is how he will play when teams know his tendencies and start game planning for him. Can he still thrive? That remains to be seen. And yes it's only been one game and it's a huge risk, but the reward could be a superbowl. We will see if it's a risk worth taking. I trust Harbaugh's decision making so I will support whoever he feels gives us the best shot at winning.

Last edited:
I trust Harbaugh too but theres too much at stake. We're 6-2 with Smith and he was gettin into a groove with his receivers. Yeah Kaep had a great game, but hes going to have to get to know his receivers and read defenses hes never seen before right in the middle of our push to get home field. Our goal is to win the superbowl and we're putting it on CK if hes the starter the rest of the way. He basically sat fer the first half of the season and now we put him in to lead us for a deep run in the playoffs? I got a ton of love fer Kaep and I support my team at all times no matter who's taking the field for us but I just dont think Now is the time for a QB change. I'd understand if it were the offseason but theres too many things for Kaep to learn in this short amount of time. Hes going to have his rookie mistakes ( I consider him a rookie since he didnt play last season) but can we afford those mistakes this late in the season or even worse, the postseason? And this decision was based off solely off this 1 start, otherwise Harbaugh wouldve started Kaep prior to this week.

^ because losing challenges is the same as evaluating/coaching players.

I'm saying. The the only thing I've seen I could question is his challenging :lol:

The 9ers have a tough 6 games left to be essentially throwin a rookie* QB into the fire?

@NO
@STL
MIA
@NE
@SEA
ARI

None of those games are a gimme ESP with a rookie* QB.

Last edited:
NTer23 hit it on the head for me...

the way i see it, weve already seen alex smiths peak...and though he has obviously improved alot under harbaraugh, colin brings another deminsion that alex just couldnt have...

bears were completely caught off guard by his arm...and he wasnt running a rg3 college offense....he was running real pro sets, and just beating the bears....the two playaction passes to start the game were brilliant calls...

i know he only has one year experience, but harbaraugh is one of those coaches i dont question his decisions...i trust that hell make the best choice...dude is the real deal...i think colin will flourish...this could make the niners the clear cut best team in the league if colin can string together some performances like he did against chi...

hope you all have a happy thanksgiving. corny or not, i appreciate having all of yall to talk about the NFL every day. :smile:

Does anybody on here play the "from?" game when you watch sports with friends? :lol:

I always have people over for MNF and we quiz eachother on whether or not we know where they went to college. It's fun! Only sharing because Keshawn Martin is one I used before.

Does anybody on here play the "from?" game when you watch sports with friends? :lol:

I always have people over for MNF and we quiz eachother on whether or not we know where they went to college. It's fun! Only sharing because Keshawn Martin is one I used before.

before the players say where they went, i try and guess em. i'm good with the skill players, o lineman is tough lol

Did Linehan just call a play where they moved the pocket toward JJ Watt and still didn't block him?
I hate Linehan.

Yeah, not only is Stafford terrible when rolling out and throwing on the run, we roll out to the short side of the field in the direction of their best pass rusher. Hate that guy

I forgot that every Thanksgiving reminds me of how bad Stafford is at quarterback. His cheeks make him look like a swell eater, but he is about as inaccurate as Tim Tebow.

Last edited:
Brace yourself to hear the Texans are frauds chants the second this game ends. :smh:

Couldn't be further from the truth though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom