NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
game, blouses...another prime time dud
laugh.gif
I been tellin people this for a while now...some look nice on paper, while others leave you wondering why is this nationally televised.

Can't wait for MNF.

Last edited:
I love how when a team or a player has a bad game dummies come out of no where saying their trash and they have no chance.

Lets just forget about their body of work no matter how good it is and focus on ONE GAME. :lol:

Last edited:
riveting match, chaps :lol:

as always, week in review should be good tomorrow morning

Last edited:
will be watching the episode of the walking dead that i missed tonight while i "watch" tomorrow night's game :lol:

:lol: I need to catch of on the last 3 episodes of Walking Dead. Other than that, Eagles vs Panthers will definitely be a headphone game where the tv is just on in the background

the giants played lights out. watch out if they catch fire at the right time.

I think the broncos are frauds though :lol: :nerd:
ted thompsons rules for success = draft DBs with Dreads/locks
I see you Ted.

the broncos are not frauds. they are doing good with a new qb (even though its with manning) and defensive coordinator. nobody wants to play them in the playoffs. this is not the same team that played the first 4 weeks. watchout afc.

I think the broncos are frauds though :lol: :nerd:
ted thompsons rules for success = draft DBs with Dreads/locks
I see you Ted.

the broncos are not frauds. they are doing good with a new qb (even though its with manning) and defensive coordinator. nobody wants to play them in the playoffs. this is not the same team that played the first 4 weeks. watchout afc.

Your right. They haven't played a single contender since the 1st half.

Last edited:
The Packers honestly looked like they weren't even trying today.

There was a drive in the first or second quarter where it was 3rd & 5 or so and they ran the ball and had to punt. What team was that out there today?

Yea I dont see the broncos winning a game in the playoffs they haven't beaten a single contender and we all know how Peyton plays in the post season.

The packers are still a good team even with a ****** oline and witout clay Matthews they are not going anywhere in the post season though anybody can beat them now with a decent running all u have to do is pound the middle.

I predicted on here that St. Louis will make the playoffs as a wild card team. Here it is at the end of week 12 and they have a solid chance to get in. Even if they lose to the Niners next week , they still control their destiny if they win out and would sneak in with a 8-7-1 record :smokin

Last edited:
Love how my Colts are playing!

Wish they would stop sitting on leads and throw the keys to Luck. They lost the JAX (in Indy) game like that. And almost happened again.

And I dont know whose Oline is worse, GB or Philly. lol

Yea I dont see the broncos winning a game in the playoffs they haven't beaten a single contender and we all know how Peyton plays in the post season.

The packers are still a good team even with a ****** oline and witout clay Matthews they are not going anywhere in the post season though anybody can beat them now with a decent running all u have to do is pound the middle.

He's not getting home field either.

He's either going to Houston / Balt / NE.

And him up in the snow and on the road.

I have this feeling the Packers are up to something. They played this game as if they didn't care they lost what so ever. I've never questioned McCarthys play calling but he called the game as if he wanted to lose. We ran the ball more than we passed it for starters. Every time they run the ball on 1st and 10 and then 2nd and 10 right after. They came out to start the second half while the game was still winnable and ran it on 1st and 10 no gain. 2nd and 10 called for holding. And then they ran it on 2nd and 20... McCarthy knows for damn sure we went 15-1 last year cause of our passing game. He knows for damn sure passing the ball gives us the best chance to win any game. Yet all year we've been trying to be as balanced you can be while in some cases like tonight's game, a primetime game against the most important team in the NFC we ran it more than we passed it.

I'm not going to question McCarthys play calling because I trust he knows what he's doing. I just don't know what it is. But I do know it looked like the packers didn't care they lost and maybe even wanted to lose.

Perhaps they're trying to improve the run as much as possible before its those few weeks before the playoffs. Maybe he is reducing the risk of injury to another WR of ours. Trying to stay in the middle of the pack instead of being way ahead in the spot light like last year. Planning to catch fire at the right time. Strategizing a way to play the Falcons in the playoffs :lol:

I do think there was a motive behind how effortless we played tonight. I also think we are keeping some of our guys out on purpose. Sam Shields has been out like a month with an "ankle injury" unless that things is broke it shouldn't take a month to heal. Watch we'll beat the Vikings next week like we should. The week after that against the Bears I think Clay, Woodson, Jennings, Shields, and Benson all comeback. We get back to our real game and come out firing and try to get hot on offense while we get some playmakers back on D to begin a run into the post season.

One last thing I thought of. The only game that stands out where we ignored being a balanced team was against the Texans and you know what Rodgers stat line was like. But he threw the ball 37 times. Tonight he threw it 23 times I think. I think teams near the end of last year started to catch on to our offense. I wouldn't be surprised that the Packers are disguising they're offense and will look to play how they do it best later in the year. That's why they've always seemed a little off this year. The Giants are the most important team to worry about come playoff time. Maybe McCarthy lost this game by calling it the way he did so next time when it's do or die the Giants have literally nothing to go back and look at in tonight's game. They won't have as much to look at all season for that matter.

Last edited:
The NFC wildcard race is going to be good this year. I'm pulling for the Seahawks and Tampa Bay, but, depends on how the Packers/Chicago (possibly Vikes) turn out. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it. I'd also like to add as a Niner fan, I want us to play the Giants again and I'm not the least bit surprised about them winning (didn't think they would win by the margin though) because of the mediocre Packer Oline vs Giants good Dline. Congrats to them for getting their mojo back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom