NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Lewis back by week 15? Crazy

Murder charges didn't stop this man.....you think a torn muscle would?
roll.gif

Bears just lost another linemen for the season :smh:

And Wright is out for the Bucs ( 4 games )

Not good with #18 coming up
:smh:

Trust me he wouldn't make a difference. If Sherman and Browner get suspended thats going to help the Bucs a lot trying to get that 6th seed. I don't know why they are appealing knowing they going to get suspended, yea they eligible for this weeks game but they might miss the last 4 games of the season. :D

Bears also gotta deal with Tillman not being 100% the rest of the year...Chicago Tribune is reporting he has a chipped bone in his right foot...CBs really need their feet & ankles to defend well...It seems a lot of NFL players rely heavily on Toradol (Ketorolac tromethamine) by getting numerous shots a week. in addition to head injuries, a lot of these guys will have kidney or liver problems....Hope Tillman will be ok...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ars-tillman-chicago--20121127,0,6140592.story

By Vaughn McClure, Chicago Tribune reporter
8:21 a.m. CST, November 27, 2012

Bears cornerback Charles Tillman has what is believed to be a chipped bone in his right foot, according to a league source. The injury, however, does not appear to be serious, and it's possible he can play through it.

Tillman did not finish Sunday's 28-10 victory over the Vikings after exiting with what was labeled an ankle injury. It appeared that Vikings tight end Rhett Ellison stepped on Tillman's foot during a third-and-short play early in the second quarter. Tillman exited, received medical attention, re-entered then left again.

Tillman tried to re-enter the game several times as he anxiously stood on the sideline. Had the score been close, he might have returned. After the game, Tillman left Soldier Field with a walking boot on his right foot. When asked what the medical staff said about the injury, Tillman responded, "Nothing.''

The veteran cornerback transformed himself into a legitimate defensive player of the year candidate after forcing four fumbles against the Titans on Nov. 4. Tillman recovered an Adrian Peterson fumble during Sunday's win and played 18 snaps on defense. He had two tackles, a pass defense and the fumble recovery in limited action.

If Tillman is unable to go against the Seahawks, Kelvin Hayden would take his place at cornerback, with demoted D.J. Moore moving back into his familiar role of nickel back.

I'd laugh like crazy if he ended up back with the Texans :lol: I don't know who'd be on the chopping block to make that move, but more than likely he'll sign with the Pats, cause that's how slick moves normally go

I'd laugh like crazy if he ended up back with the Texans :lol: I don't know who'd be on the chopping block to make that move, but more than likely he'll sign with the Pats, cause that's how slick moves normally go

Not gonna lie, was thinking the same thing :lol:

We're thin a LB, maybe he come and put his hand in the ground on packages, if not Houston, keep him out the AFC and away from the pats.

I know Babin had 18 sacks last year, but from some of the games I saw, a lot of those sacks occurred during the tail end of games they lost. I kinda liken him to being like the Bobby Abreu of the NFL...He looked absolutely lost this year but then again the schemes & defensive game plans were awful. I mean in some games he literally looked like he was just running around in circles...Do you guys really think he can contribute anything to a team?

Him not being the guy, yea.

If you bring him into be your number one pass rusher per say, no.

Line him next to a dominate DT/DE and I think he can do some work.

we have to give him a look...especially with chandler's ankle iffy and jermaine suspended

we have to give him a look...especially with chandler's ankle iffy and jermaine suspended

Nah, we brought it up first.

**** you :lol:

Don't make me bring out the bat signal :nerd:

49ers and Navarro Bowman agree to a 5 year extension through 2018 and have all four starting LBs signed through 2015.

:smokin

I don't know exactly what moves the Niners made leading up to be able to keep nearly all their players, but boy that's some smart team management.

:rofl:

y'all got jj swatt...you have no need for him :lol:

Last edited:

:rofl:

y'all got jj swatt...you have no need for him :lol:

You got pretty boy.

When you have a HOF QB and been to 5 SBs in the last decade your wants come last :lol:

Maybe it had something to do with the Giants pass rush dominating the game from start to finish. McCarthy probably thought he couldn't let Aaron drop back 37 times to pass and still live.
:lol: @ idea of losing games on purpose so NY wouldn't have any film to go off of. Like the Packers won't play 15 other games this year :lol:

You're right I take back what I said about "wanting to lose". I mentioned in there somewhere you want every W you can get. Didnt quite mean we wanted to lose, dont know why I typed it.

But I still do think the Packers looked liked they didnt care. There was zero urgency to win that game when they fell behind. I do give credit to the Giants, and I do know its tough with their Pass Rush. But the Packers made 0 adjustments. They just kept running the ball the entire game and I know they know that doesnt give them the best chance to win regardless of their pass rush. When the Seahawks sacked Aaron 8 times in the first half they made adjustments and he didnt get sacked the entire second half or the entire next game.

All im saying is I wouldnt doubt that they didnt give their best effort to disguise their offense for a future matchup. Playing our A game and beating the Giants during the regular season didnt work for us last year. Teams started to figure us out late in the year. Where as this year the Giants were on a losing streak and needed to play their best football. All year the Packers have been focusing on being balanced which is why I think our offense has always looked a little off. Within the next few weeks I expect the Packers to ignore this balanced style football and start slinging it like we did against the Texans consistently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom