NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex smith 30 TDs?

65634248.gif

More like 20

As a 49ers fan let me clarify a few things that need to be discussed.............

--As a core, the receivers for the 49ers on paper are Top 10. We'll see how it plays out during the year when they play together.

--Nobody is trying to imply that Alex Smith is elite, more along the lines of the type of production he should be able to put up this year.

--Vikings fans should not be allowed to speak on ANY football matters at least for the next year..........and maybe not even after that. Just be happy you even have a team for now :nerd:, and leave it at that.

--The Raiders most likely will dead last in their division this year, leaving them irrelevant once again.

That is all.

I think if Smith only has 20 TDs as long as he protects the ball the 9ers should be successful with that

And I like the Vikings fans and their opinions on the NFL, good group on here. Not their fault the team they root for isn't doing well nor does it detract from their knowledge of the game. It does hamper their ability to trash talk though

What is going on with Rex and that team? Just don't understand some of the personnel moves last few years

Jets really close to mediocrity

MJD will not help them, and If the Jags move him Gabbert will never develop because it's gonna be open season to rush the QB :smh:

I honestly thought The Pats would try to make a play for MJD especially after they cut Addai. Not sure what's his name from the US Track team can play RB. He fumbled a bit at Florida. I think the Pats will use him for returns.

Good lord if you give Brady MJD :x :smh:

Given the way the Pats have snatched up players (like Corey Dillon) in the past, I thought this would be the perfect kind of situation for the Pats to come swooping in & getting MJD. LOL - & somehow get an extra second or third round pick...

Last edited:
Dov Kleiman@NFL_RealUpdates

I'm hearing the #Colts deal could possibly involve an #Eagles DL, can't confirm yet.

Dan Graham@coltsinsider

#Colts #Eagles talking trade DE (meetings all day details later)

and as far as receiving core depth, it's packers, pats and eagles handsdown

Last edited:
As a 49ers fan let me clarify a few things that need to be discussed.............
--As a core, the receivers for the 49ers on paper are Top 10. We'll see how it plays out during the year when they play together.

On paper? As in the hype a few received coming into the league and the name of one who was dominant?

- Niners have two underproducing first round draft picks (Ginn jr., Crabtree) and Ginn is good for returning kicks only. Not at WR.

- Randy Moss is two years removed from any real production and did not play at all last year. He's only good in certain roles.

- Mario Manningham is solid, but on a lot of other teams he is nothing more than a 3rd receiver.

- A.J. Jenkins could be good, but he's a rookie. On paper that looks nice, but so did Crabtree.

You throw this bunch of misfits and underacheivers together and suddenly they're top 10? Vernon Davis is the only formidable player of the bunch, but he's not a WR.

Last edited:
On paper? As in the hype a few received coming into the league and the name of one who was dominant?
- Niners have two underproducing first round draft picks (Ginn jr., Crabtree) and Ginn is good for returning kicks only. Not at WR.
- Randy Moss is two years removed from any real production and did not play at all last year. He's only good in certain roles.
- Mario Manningham is solid, but on a lot of other teams he is nothing more than a 3rd receiver.
- A.J. Jenkins could be good, but he's a rookie. On paper that looks nice, but so did Crabtree.
You throw this bunch of misfits and underacheivers together and suddenly they're top 10? Vernon Davis is the only formidable player of the bunch, but he's not a WR.

--First off Ted Ginn Jr. was originally drafted by the Miami Dolphins, not the 49ers. So your statement of the Niners having two underproducing first round draft picks doesn't apply. In other words the Dolphins bought the car off the lot brand new, we bought it used, and got a better deal.

--Yes Moss was removed from the game, so we'll have to wait and see if he actually can produce for us or still produce at all. Like you said though, he's only good in certain roles. Make no mistake about it though, one role in particular Randy is/was the best in that role, hoping that can still carry over for us.

--As far as Mario Manningham goes, I hear ya and that point is valid. He can either go for a 2nd or 3rd receiver on most teams however.

--Which is why I started out by saying on PAPER, be that of a rookie just entering the league or a bunch of veteran receivers that were on different teams prior and are now combining on 1 team. I wouldn't say the 49ers have a Top 5 receiving core, but I would like to see your Top 10 receiving cores in the league just so we can compare.

--I'm seeing other posters throw in their teams TE or TE's so I did the same for the 49ers. If we're not going to include TE's that fine by me, that just means that a team like the Pats certainly isn't Top 10. I know your not a Pats fan, just saying however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom