NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell would getting MJD not help the Jets at all? I mean I know most people want the Jets to just fade away in the darkness so they can stop seeing Rex Ryan, Sanchez and Tebow but we're talking about one of the best RB's in the entire league. He'd make a big difference compared to what Shonn Greene has been giving them.

20120728_pjc_so3_767_extra_large.jpg

Sanchez on finding out that Hunter was demoted.

How the hell would getting MJD not help the Jets at all? I mean I know most people want the Jets to just fade away in the darkness so they can stop seeing Rex Ryan, Sanchez and Tebow but we're talking about one of the best RB's in the entire league. He'd make a big difference compared to what Shonn Greene has been giving them.

They gotta improve that offensive line first before anything. There's not much even a great running back can do even with that offensive line that the Jets have. Neither Sanchez or Tebow have time with the pass protection that they have and the O-Line has been unable to establish any type of movement up front from the past few games.

Because the Jet oline is terrible. They're most of the reason for Sanchez's poor play last year & the fact they had no running game. Getting MJD wouldn't help poor line play...

only helps them on paper at the RB position

only helps them on paper at the RB position

Long time no see DSA. (Wish we could keep it that way :tongue: ), but no, you're right.

Hunter being demoted is a good start to fixing the O-Line, but it's not solution-move that would be a factor into dealing for MJD. Obviously I rather have a combo of MJD/Greene than Greene/McKnight, but it's not likely.

Last edited:
Yea MJD going to the Jets really puts him in a near identical situation as the Jags. Instead of 1 shoddy skittish QB in Gabbert, you have a QB who's sort of a QB in Tebow, and a QB who has flashes of Blaine Gabbert in Sanchez because of the O-Line. But instead of your #1 WR being Justin Blackmon, your #1 WR is (apparently) Antonio Cromartie.

Jets have shoddy line play, no running game, no QB play and no WR, Average DL/LBs and nice core of CBs with revis / cro / Wilson, where the hell is that money tied up? They should've need traded for tebow or given sanchize that extension.

Jacksonville's offensive line was terrible last year and MJD led the league in rushing.

The Jags o-line were fine in run blocking situations but terrible in pass protect. Run blocking is easier than pass protect. Pass protect actually takes more skill (hand placement, footwork, etc).

The Jags o-line actually finished in the middle of the pack statistically speaking thanks to their run blocking...

anyone been watching the carolina preseason games?

or even heard anything about their practices?

curious to see how luke kuechly is coming along

Just saw CP's retirement speech at ******* park. That part where he thanked his parent hit home. :smokin Sad his career is over man. :frown:

He is listed at SAM though ahead of Thomas Davis and I think that is his best spot.
He is a stud period.
i think his best spot is MIKE (IF a team has the DTs to protect him a little bit).. but if beason is healthy, i would put beason at MIKE and luke at SAM.. and davis at WILL, assuming he still has speed (and obviously can stay healthy)

Panthers may get rid of Beason soon.

Most likely after this season.

Davis & Beason are both injured and Davis is very Injury Prone.

Just saw CP's retirement speech at ******* park. That part where he thanked his parent hit home. :smokin Sad his career is over man. :frown:

It's unfortunate that he's retiring from the game at such a young age. Hopefully Portis didn't wear one of those clown outfits/disguises during his retirement speech.

Panthers may get rid of Beason soon.
Most likely after this season.
Davis & Beason are both injured and Davis is very Injury Prone.
if that's the case.. they should have tried to get zach brown in the 2nd (he went 52 to the titans)

or even better spence in the the 3rd (he went 86).. how have those guys been doing in the preseason?

both would be good playing WILL next to kuechly (kuechly playing MIKE is this scenario)

Last edited:
Pete won't want him around Wilson anyway. Especially if he ends up starting. Later Owens!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom