NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jags owner has balls
Missing out on Tebow to the Jets was Khan's first mistake. Now he's stuck committed to Gabbert, who's afraid of his own shadow.

Their defense is underrated but the only other bright spot is obviously MJD. A serious standstill with your franchise player and cornerstone may not produce any benefit for this season or long-term.

Missing out on Tebow to the Jets was Khan's first mistake. Now he's stuck committed to Gabbert, who's afraid of his own shadow.
Their defense is underrated but the only other bright spot is obviously MJD. A serious standstill with your franchise player and cornerstone may not produce any benefit for this season or long-term.

Tebow isnt that much a better option than #11 :rolleyes

Give the kid 1-2 years before we say hes a bust jesus.

Tebow isnt that much a better option than #11 :rolleyes
Give the kid 1-2 years before we say hes a bust jesus.
My initial comment went over your head. I wasn't mentioning Tebow to Jacksonville strictly from a football standpoint, but a business one. The price (picks) wasn't costly to outbid the Jets. Tebow is marketable across the country, right up there with Lin. He's a Florida native from near the J-Ville area. Jags currently have trouble filling seats. If Tebow can get on a roll and maintain continued exposure on ESPN, the Florida residents will come out in hoards. That division is relatively weak outside of Houston.

Also, Gabbert is clearly scared in the pocket. Watch the tape. Sure it's one season but you can't teach pocket presence and willingness to take hits (Ex. Big Ben). In his rookie preseason Andrew Luck has already shown more stones to take hits and bounce back from bad "rookie mistakes" and decision-making. Gabbert has no confidence at the moment. I don't think time will change that. Losing will only solidify the lack of belief in himself.

:x just come home from jets training camp in MetLife stadium, we have a tough season ahead of us and I was curious to see no Wayne hunter hopefully we trashed that bum...and rumors are flying Bout the jets grabbing MJD:D

This is all I could think of off the top of the dome. Couldn't think of 10 though. No particular order...

Green Bay
Bears (If Knox Is healthy)
Eagles
Falcons
49ers
Giants
New Orleans
Steelers

Ok I just wanted to see if I was crazy one of the guys said with a straight face the bears still wasn't top 10 and would be lucky to be top 15 had to look at him to see if he was trolling me he wasn't damn near pulled over on lake shore drive and kicked him out. :smh::smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom