NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bengals kept Vantaze Burfict. If Marvin Lewis manages to help both Vantaze and Taylor Mays rise to their potential, :wow:
After coaching, he should go into the rehabilitating prisoners.

he already is, though. the season is so close, yet so far

Don't like this
mean.gif

Pete is really putting stock into what he feels Anthony McCoy will do this year. He's been terrible in the past though
mean.gif
In fairness, nobody knows McCoy better than PC. Didn't Ant have a pretty big preseason?
True and yeah he's played well the past month, I'm still skeptical at the moment.
Anthony McCoy - TE - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll suggested TE Anthony McCoy's improvement contributed to Kellen Winslow's release.
"This was a great pick for us a couple years back," Carroll said of McCoy. "He's really grown into a versatile tight end for us." McCoy led the Seahawks in receiving this preseason after showing a penchant for dropped passes in his first two years. He's the No. 2 tight end, behind Zach Miller.
Source: seahawks.com
Sep 2 - 12:00 AM
I'm a little confused on what changed in the span of a couple days when they named K2 to the final 53.

Winslow's knees are friggin shot....not to mention he has to be one of the biggest d-bags in the league and was going to be making way too much money for what he was going to do on the field. Did not like the guy one bit when he was on the Bucs. Talked crap after every 5 yard catch that he would make and would cry like a girl every time he got tackled like the defenders weren't supposed to hit him. He can still help a team a little, but it'll have to be a veteran team so he doesn't think he's the franchise player that should be thrown the ball every time.

we're close
pimp.gif
can't wait!

do we still have to wait til tuesday for the distribution map????

i'm moving into my new place (which is
smokin.gif
) in about a month or two so won't be getting the nfl package this year (but kinda sucks at the same time, since i cant watch all the eagles games this year)

Last edited:
taylor Mays is still a Bum. dont let a couple hits fool you

If Taze stays on track he will be the steal of ths off season

taylor Mays is still a Bum. dont let a couple hits fool you
If Taze stays on track he will be the steal of ths off season

Woah now, I said IF. I think he's starting. I'm not sure if that's good or bad right now. It just feels good to have a heavy hitter back there. Although I question his coverage abilities.

I think Taze could travel a similar route as Dunlap. He's a Marvin guy too so that helps.

What on Earth is Urlacher thinking? Playing Week 1 after multiple procedures. Doctors said his type of injury requires missing at least half the season.

Man Rex Ryan has been a terrible coach for that team. They have done nothing to improve under him and he has turned it into a circus. Figure he will probably get canned this year.

I hope this the last post I see from you in this thread.

Never have I seen someone be so wrong in 3 sentences.

:smh:

No forget it. Talk about football but dont ever talk about the Jets again. Thanks.

Last edited:
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...nslates-to-Super-Bo?blockID=766873&feedID=692

[h1]Eagles hope youth translates to Super Bowl[/h1]September 2, 2012, 11:10 am

frank_complete.png

Honestly? It’s not all that far removed from a college football roster.

Ten guys are 21 or 22. Another 26 are between 23 and 26. And 12 more are in their late 20s.

If it wasn’t totally clear before, it is now. The Eagles believe the way to win a Super Bowl is with youth and with energy. With fresh legs and with tons of upside.

Asante Samuel is out, Curtis Marsh is in. Juqua Parker is out, Phillip Hunt is in. Joselio Hanson is out, Brandon Boykin is in. Jamaal Jackson is out, Nick Menkin is in. Ronnie Brown is out, Bryce Brown is in. Vince Young is out, Nick Foles is in. Winston Justice is out, Dennis Kelly is in.

Everywhere they possibly could, the Eagles went young. Everywhere they possibly could, they shed veterans and added some young kid with blazing speed and tons of potential.

Add it up, and this is the youngest Eagles team in 26 years.

The final 53-man roster – assuming this is the final 53-man roster – averages 25.5 years old, and according to some terrific research by bloggingthebeast.com, that gives them the second-youngest opening-day roster in the NFL, behind only the Rams, who check in at 25.3.

According to figures on www.pro-football-reference.com, this is also the youngest Eagles team since 1986, Buddy Ryan’s first year here, when Clyde and Seth were 22, Randall was 23 and Reggie was 25.

This is the culmination of a complete roster overhaul under general manager Howie Roseman that has seen the average age of the roster decrease every year since he became general manager – from 26.9 in 2009 to 26.3 in 2010 to 26.0 last year to 25.5 this year. That’s a pretty significant drop each year since he took over.

That kind of roster transformation doesn’t just happen. It’s the product of a very clear, very intentional philosophy. Roseman and head coach Andy Reid wanted a certain kind of football player here, a certain kind of football team, and they have it.

Look at the current roster, and there are only 13 guys who have been here since before 2010 (and that counts Jason Babin, who left after 2009 and returned last year).

There are only six guys in their 30s (Evan Mathis is 30, Nnamdi Asomugha and Cullen Jenkins 31, Babin, Jon Dorenbos and Michael Vick 32), which is the Eagles’ fewest 30-somethings since that same 1986 season, when Buddy kept only five guys in their 30s around (Kenny Clarke, Matt Cavanaugh, Brenard Wilson, Ron Baker, Ron Jaworski).

And get this: The oldest non-starter on the roster -- not including long-snapper Jon Dorenbos or third receiver Jason Avant, who plays almost as much as a starter – is 28-year-old Dallas Reynolds, who has never played in an NFL game.

That means to make the Eagles in 2012 you had to either be in your mid-20s or younger or be an established elite starter, like Todd Herremans, Jenkins, Trent Cole or Babin.

So what does it all mean?

It means that in a season in which owner Jeff Lurie has already threatened to fire head coach Andy Reid if the team doesn’t perform “significantly better” than last year’s 8-8 disaster, Reid and Roseman are staking their jobs on a bunch of kids who were in elementary school when Reid and Roseman joined the Eagles in the late 1990s.

It’s an exciting way to play football. It’s also one heck of a risk.

Young is good in a lot of ways. These kids have so much energy, so much enthusiasm, so much hunger, you can feel it around the building. Young guys are generally healthier, generally faster, generally stronger and generally excel on special teams.

But along with all that speed and youth and energy comes inexperience.

Boykin will man the slot without ever playing an NFL snap. Three of the four backup offensive linemen have never set foot on a football field in the regular season (and the fourth is Demetress Bell). No. 3 outside corner Curtis Marsh has played a grand total of 12 defensive plays in his life. Mychal Kendricks starts at a crucial outside linebacker spot as a rookie. And rookie Nick Foles is one Michael Vick injury away from joining Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb as one of the franchise’s three youngest quarterbacks to start a game in the last 35 years.

All the stuff you always hear about how long it takes for a team to develop chemistry and to come together and to grow into a cohesive unit … there isn’t time for that. The Eagles must win and win now. And they’re going to have to do it with a roster jammed with kids who were in high school the last time the Eagles won a home playoff game.

This offseason was all about shedding aging veterans, many of whom can still play, and replacing them with kids with tremendous athleticism, unparalleled energy and huge upside.

Can it work? Can a team win a Super Bowl when the average player on the roster is 25 ½ years old? The last team to do it was the 1981 49ers, who averaged 25.4 years old on opening day. That was 31 years ago.

The Eagles have tried every other way to win and still no sign of a Lombardi Trophy in the lobby of the NovaCare Complex.

So maybe trying to get there with youth and speed is the answer. Maybe trying to simply out-sprint everybody else to the Super Bowl will work. Nothing else has.

i'm in biology lab on wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:20 :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

how do yall quote something that has a multiple quote in it? every time i try and quote something with a quote bubble in it, it only quotes the last reply

i'm in biology lab on wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:20 :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

how do yall quote something that has a multiple quote in it? every time i try and quote something with a quote bubble in it, it only quotes the last reply

Go to preferences and I think its "remove nested quotes in reply." Change it to no.

Rex Ryan just needs to **** seriously you think that wildcat is gonna save ya patriots gave the blueprint to the league after they faced the dolphins twice ish is dead son...I'm giving em 6gms hell be out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom