NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
BucEm or Gunna....
Tell me when I should expect to be disappointed w/ Tanard Jackson. It's gotta be coming, right? Dude has been ballin' this preseason.
laugh.gif
Wow at the timing of this post.

I cannot believe this dude Tanard got suspended another whole season. There's no way anybody's going to sign the guy again next year. It's crazy because he seems like a real good dude and a guy that loves football. Some people really do have a legit problem with weed. Thank god we drafted Mark Barron.

The deadline to cut down the roster to 53 players is tonight right?

Anyone of note got the axe recently?

I know Deion Branch and Kellen Winslow got cut.

FS Troy Nolan from the Texans was claimed by the Dolphins. I HATE when teams you're about to face conveniently pick up your former players. Meh, we'll still smash'em though.

KII can still play. He can not practice every day but he can still go.

the seahawks cutting him makes zero sense.

I hope he gets on a squad with a decent QB

Carpentter ? Wasn't that one of the O$U LBers with AJ Hawk? He under performed right?

yeah OSU. he definitely did not live up to his billing. first round pick that never played up to that level. he's likely a serviceable backup i guess.

Last edited:
Bengals kept Vantaze Burfict. If Marvin Lewis manages to help both Vantaze and Taylor Mays rise to their potential, :wow:

After coaching, he should go into the rehabilitating prisoners.

Wasn't for performance, K2 refused to take a pay-cut.

That doesnt make sense though.

If you are "performing" you are not asked to take a pay cut.

They have cheaper depth behind him and they made the move.

He can still play in the league though but we all know what he shoulda been :smh:

Last edited:
Bengals kept Vantaze Burfict. If Marvin Lewis manages to help both Vantaze and Taylor Mays rise to their potential, :wow:
After coaching, he should go into the rehabilitating prisoners.

I wish Lewis had gotten his first HC gig somewhere else because I think he would've had more success. He's done a pretty good job of making lemonade from the lemons that Brown has given him year in & year out.

Having said that however, Brown has done a decent job of drafting the last couple of years. Lewis, Gruden, & Zimmer should do well with this squad...

As far as the Steelers, I like the cuts made & those signed to the practice squad. Sucks to see Jerrod James get cut though. Although he played with the 2s & 3s & faced mostly 3s on D, I thought he did well standing tall in the pocket & hitting great throws moving the offense down field. To me, he looked better than his Texas A&M counterpart Tannehill in preseason.

Glad Wallace is back but he needs to realize what he has with the Steelers & have to come down a bit in the dough he wants. They can keep him at the $2.7 this season & then franchise him the next 2 years if they really wanted to. I think it will work out in the end though.

Wasn't for performance, K2 refused to take a pay-cut.
That doesnt make sense though.

If you are "performing" you are not asked to take a pay cut.

They have cheaper depth behind him and they made the move.

He can still play in the league though but we all know what he shoulda been
mean.gif
Don't like this
mean.gif

Pete is really putting stock into what he feels Anthony McCoy will do this year. He's been terrible in the past though
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom