NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can't see the name on his jersey, his hair is in the way"

"Well we know it's not Brandon Merriweather" :lol:

yeah, i know he had some off the field stuff going on in TB....but watching him play, all I kept wondering is why he was let go by the Bucs?

He was my favorite Buc for a couple years and I definitely thought he was a top 10 safety in the league. But the guy is on his last strike with the substance abuse...if he tests positive one more time he's probably gonna be straight up banned from the NFL. Last year after being banned an entire year Raheem's dumb *** threw him right in the starting lineup after like one practice with the team. He got an interception that game on a deflected pass that fell right in his hands and people thought he was good to go. For the rest of the season according to statistics he was the worst safety in the NFL last year. According to ProFootballFocus Ronde and Tanard have been the two worst tackling secondary players in the NFL.....Ronde with 50 missed tackles in 3,068 snaps and Tanard with 46 in only 1,454 :x.

Then he didn't even come in all summer to meet Schiano, and supposebly refused to come back to Tampa at any point in the summer to work with their trainers on an ongoing injury he had suffered last season because he wanted to work out in LA or some ****. Then he failed his physical. Plus the Bucs have Mark Barron, Cody Grimm, Larry Asante, Ahmad Black and now Ronde at safety to work with and Schiano wanted to clean house of the Winslow's and Tanard's that wouldn't respond well to how he runs his team. I have no clue what Tanard has left in the tank because of how terrible he was last year, but I do know that his whole career he's gone for the knockout hits instead of just making sound form tackles and that's why he's had the amount of missed tackles he's had.

Also, your new SN sucks.....why did you switch?

Good ****, Buc. Didnt know the whole backstory on him. He's been beasting this preseason so hopefully he keeps it up. Skins secondary is a big weakness so they need as much help as they can get. As far as my SN, i retired DJs after i hit 30k posts. Sorry that the new one sucks LOL.

eek.gif
 All these USC cats in Oakland...Pete Carroll is in heaven

William Joseph, a former NFL defensive tackle who was the Giants’ first-round draft pick in 2003, has agreed to plead guilty to tax fraud charges that will send him to prison for at least two years. Joseph’s plea comes three weeks after former Vikings first-round draft pick Michael Bennett pleaded guilty to different charges in the same scheme.

Joseph’s attorney, Roderick Vereen, told the Miami Herald that Joseph will plead guilty to theft of government money and aggravated identity theft, which carries a mandatory two-year prison sentence.

“He recognizes the mistake he made, and he is going to take responsibility for his actions and do what he can to repair his good name,” Vereen said.

Joseph and Bennett, who met as teammates on the Raiders, as well as former Patriots practice squad player Louis Gachelin, were among those arrested by the FBI this year and charged with running an identity theft and tax fraud scheme. The ex-NFL players were accused of filing false tax returns under other people’s names, then stealing those people’s identities to take their tax refunds.

Bennett pleaded guilty to wire fraud, a charge that could lead to up to 20 years in prison, although prosecutors agreed to seek a sentence on the lower end of the sentencing guidelines. Gachelin pleaded guilty to theft of government money and aggravated ID theft in July.

Although this case has generated more attention than similar cases because the defendants played in the NFL, the crime is common: The IRS says identity theft was involved in about 940,000 tax returns with refunds last year, totaling $6.5 billion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...liam-joseph-michael-bennett-headed-to-prison/

Desean drops too many passes for my tastes. Here's the league leaders in dropped passes over the last 3 years.
1. Roy Williams
2. James Jones
3. Mike Williams (Tampa Bay)
4. DeSean Jackson
5. Brandon Gibson
6. Terrell Owens
7. Donald Driver
8. Randy Moss
9. Dwayne Bowe
10. Brandon Marshall

mean.gif
 fool spotted everybody a year and still top 10

Moss has great hands. Used to catch everything back in the day. Now it's them gator arms. No desire to anything but go deep. :lol:

BucEm or Gunna....
Tell me when I should expect to be disappointed w/ Tanard Jackson. It's gotta be coming, right? Dude has been ballin' this preseason.

He just got suspended indefinitely, happy the bucs got rid of him

Steelers going big on knee injuries this off season/preseason huh? Not just satisfied with on portion of the knee, they need three...Damn. Spence was only expected to contribute in special teams but LB coach Butler liked the kid so I have a feeling he would have had a decent rookie season. I'm still hurting over the loss of DeCastro. He was really coming along.

The only surprises about the Steelers cuts were keeping Batch & letting go of Trai Essex but given the nature of the offensive line, he'll be back unless someone else gets him.

Anyone have thoughts about the cuts for their teams?

Anyone have thoughts about the cuts for their teams?
kinda surprised hanson got cut.. but i guess boykin came along just as fast as i thought he would

surprised we couldn't move kafka for a 7th or something to one of our old front office guys (like to the browns or colts)

kinda surprised hanson got cut.. but i guess boykin came along just as fast as i thought he would

surprised we couldn't move kafka for a 7th or something to one of our old front office guys (like to the browns or colts)

You know, I thought he was worth a 'lil something but I guess teams are wary of Eagle QBs after Kolb - ha, ha, ha...

I just read James Starks made the GB roster which kinda surprises me after the Benson pick up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom