NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't help with Kerrigan / Orakapo being out
And no 1st rounder next couple years :smh:
On the flip side rams look on the up and up, a WR / Oline / LB next year couple 1sts in next year draft :pimp:

Carriker is out, not Kerrigan.

1st rounders wont hurt "much." The team just has to do the due diligence and scout potential impact players who will fall past the 1st. Trade will work out for both the Rams/********. Good deal for both.

Interesting analysis from the Wall St Journal on the NFL referees...On paper, they doing a good job...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443816804578004613701813182.html

Steve Young made a great point Monday night in explaining inelastic demand. Peter King explained it best on SI.com-

Steve Young: Pretty smart for a football player. On the ESPN postgame show last night, Young was brilliant on the ref lockout -- and why the NFL doesn't care what you think. The league might say it cares for your opinion here, but it doesn't.

Young used the concept of "inelastic demand'' in discussing why the NFL doesn't care. The definition of inelastic demand is when a change in the price of an item has no effect on the public demand for it. In essence, Young said it doesn't matter how much the public screams for the real officials to come back, because the public will watch the games regardless who is officiating them. And until you vote with your eyes and your fanness -- and stop watching the games, and stop logging on to NFL.com, and stop consuming all things NFL -- all of your angst over this won't matter.

Just wanted to point this out, because it's smart and, because he said it long after many of you were in bed; I doubt many of you heard it

Last edited:
In that case NBA players should drive down the court hard when they have the ball with 20 seconds left, up by 15 points. :rolleyes

......unless you're Ricky Davis.

Interesting analysis from the Wall St Journal on the NFL referees...On paper, they doing a good job...

Paper or not they are doing an awful job, and on a big stage like MNF everyone was able to see it for themselves. Lost complete control of the game.

Last edited:
The game is definitely too fast many of these refs tho ^^

The sooner the better it is for the leauge if this all gets taking care of. But by the looks of it we might have these dudes calling games all season

In that case NBA players should drive down the court hard when they have the ball with 20 seconds left, up by 15 points. :rolleyes

......unless you're Ricky Davis.

Paper or not they are doing an awful job, and on a big stage like MNF everyone was able to see it for themselves. Lost complete control of the game.

Yea but NFL isn't going to give in because everyone is continuing to watch the games...Read the last portion of my post that I went back & added...

which sucks..... but the NFL and Goodell should be EMBARRASSED after what happened before the half on MNF...embarrassed. We also have guys being yanked for having on fan apparel on their FB pages, and asking McCoy for fantasy points. These guys are not even college or HS level refs.

Goodell just looks worse and worse with his stubbornness, a deal needs to be done.

Last edited:
Steve Young is the man. I always listen when he's talking because he's extremely intelligent.

I agree, though. Why would the NFL feel pressured into caving when guys like me will be ready to go at 8am to watch a full day of football? Replacement refs or not, I'm watching and the NFL knows that's true for 99% of the people that watch the NFL.

MNF was horrible, but for the majority, it really hasn't been so. I'm sure it'll improve. Beside, I like how some of these crews are actually letting them play football.

Last edited:
His great-great-great-grandfather Brigham Young would be proud...

I can't think of anyone on any of the channels/networks thats more intelligent, thoughtful, & insightful then Young.

His great-great-great-grandfather Brigham Young would be proud...
I can't think of anyone on any of the channels/networks thats more intelligent, thoughtful, & insightful then Young.

I agree. And he's very well-rounded in that he can talk more about just QB's.

I like Dilfer a lot, but he's more x's and o's and locker room type things, whereas Steve has great insight on everything.

Last edited:
I like how they allow DBs to play a bit, I do agree with that minus the random phantom PI calls

But still awful. What Young said was correct but inelastic demand can and has been shifted before. Doesn't last forever

I like how they allow DBs to play a bit, I do agree with that minus the random phantom PI calls
But still awful. What Young said was correct but inelastic demand can and has been shifted before. Doesn't last forever
thats been the most glaring flaw of the refs so far imo...both ways...never saw so many plain bad PI calls...ravens lost because of one..

I read a similar article on Vince awhile ago, and that's a pretty sad situation. VY never once got rid of those hangers on dudes he's been friends with for a long time. Not only was he careless with his money himself, but he had way too many people involved with his money. Sucks that his uncle is involved too. I had him as a teacher back in 8th grade and he was a really good dude.

Last edited:
I don't worry about the refs too much in terms of calls missed and such, even the real ones miss calls, I'm ok with all that.

But an 11 yard holding penalty? In the NFL? :stoneface: What the **** is that all about?
Illegal contact, when the ball is wizzing by? That's PI you ****** clowns.
Spotting the ball in the wrong place, calling a penalty one thing when it's another, that stuff, I can't get down with. Making or missing a call is interpretaion and people make quick calls, it happens, but know the damn rules of the sport and don't just go walkin around guessin where the ball should be placed, or what call should be used. :smh:

^The problem is that they're walking on eggshells out there. As the replacement refs, no one respects them. You see the abuse they took from John Fox during that game? I'm not justifying their lack of the rule book (that's disgusting), but they are second guessing themselves after every call. You can't ref it that way...part of the reason MNF last 4 hours :lol:

jermichael finley's agent :wow:

wonder if jermichael shares those sentiments about rodgers lack of leadership ability

Speaking of Steve Young, does anyone else cringe when you see Darren Sharper and LT on NFL network?  
eek.gif
 It's almost embarrassing, I kid you not.

i think finley and his agent should just shut up they won the sb without him and probably would won that playoff game if not for his drops (no disrespect to the giants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom