NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you even read the article?

I just skimmed over it

Brad said he paid 7,500 for someone to scratch up 100 Super Bowl game balls so he could get grip on the balls

Gruden also said he knew Brad was complaining about grip on the balls being used but wouldnt comment on if Brad paid a bribe?

if thats the case take away the Bucs Super Bowl.....

NOT!!!!

B74cQH_CYAATw1v.jpg

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not “have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.”

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

O’Leary — who uses data crunched by a Las Vegas bookie and a Ph.D. statistician from China with no previous familiarity with Spygate — suggests Patriots “director of football research” Ernie Adams, a prep-school chum of Belichick from Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., was the nerve center behind the chicanery.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.
“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.
“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

It has nothing to do with the outcome of games though :rofl:

What a bunch of non sense. :smh:

Pretty sure they gonna have NE was sending Aaron Hernandez out offing people for the hell of it. :lol:

did you even read the article?
I just skimmed over it

Brad said he paid 7,500 for someone to scratch up 100 Super Bowl game balls so he could get grip on the balls

Gruden also said he knew Brad was complaining about grip on the balls being used but wouldnt comment on if Brad paid a bribe?

if thats the case take away the Bucs Super Bowl.....

NOT!!!!
I see the "not" but you're missing that the Raiders played with the same balls.

New England only deflated the balls their offense used. They were trying to cheat.

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not “have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.”

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

O’Leary — who uses data crunched by a Las Vegas bookie and a Ph.D. statistician from China with no previous familiarity with Spygate — suggests Patriots “director of football research” Ernie Adams, a prep-school chum of Belichick from Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., was the nerve center behind the chicanery.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.
“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.
“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

It has nothing to do with the outcome of games though :rofl:

welp

I won't be satisfied until they burn asterisks into the side of each and every one of their Lombardi trophies.

that would be glorious. and add the asterisks to the rings as well.

pats 3x superbowl champs *

I see the "not" but you're missing that the Raiders played with the same balls.

New England only deflated the balls their offense used. They were trying to cheat.

The colts got beat with deflated footballs and then got beat after the half even worse with legal footballs

if the Pats cheating take away some draft picks give them a fine and keep it moving

I do not want this to be the story of Super Sunday weekend

I wanna enjoy football and a good laugh or 2 on media day not some over hyped up story like the Ray Lewis steroid thing

Last edited:
i can't stand the Seahawks but it's mostly because of their fans.

However I hate the pats.

Go seahawks.

35-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom