NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't stand the Seahawks but it's mostly because of their fans.

However I hate the pats.

Go seahawks.

35-10

This may represent my feelings as well :lol:

Give the Steelers those wins back in the AFCC in 01 and 04

Last edited:

I see the "not" but you're missing that the Raiders played with the same balls.

New England only deflated the balls their offense used. They were trying to cheat.
The colts got beat with deflated footballs and then got beat after the half even worse with legal footballs

if the Pats cheating take away some draft picks give them a fine and keep it moving

I do not want this to be the story of Super Sunday weekend

I wanna enjoy football and a good laugh or 2 on media day not some over hyped up story like the Ray Lewis steroid thing
THEY STILL HAD THE DEFLATED BALLS IN THE SECOND HALF! I posted a video of the refs stopping play at the start of the third to check one of them. We don't know what balls they used the rest of the game man.

Like I don't even care, but I don't understand why you and the rest of the Pats' fans are acting like this.

They got caught cheating. It was intentional. Now they have to eat the criticism.

Last edited:
Don't try to diminish this DSA, I want answers

here you go...other teams do it as well....

NFL aware of game ball incident during Panthers-Vikings
November, 30, 2014
11/30/14
9:20
PM ET
By Ben Goessling | ESPN.com
4K415COMMENTS17EMAILPRINT
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings played their coldest home game in 38 years on Sunday, when they beat the Carolina Panthers in 12-degree temperatures at TCF Bank Stadium.

As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Monday morning on NFL Network that officials warned both the Vikings and Panthers not to heat up the balls during Sunday's game, and would remind teams this week not to heat game balls.

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

By rule, the home team is responsible for providing the game balls. The footage shown on NFL Network is from the Vikings' sideline, though there are attendants from both teams on both sidelines and a league source said the Vikings weren't heating up the balls during the game.

Zimmer said he hadn't heard anything from the league about it on Monday, adding, "Somebody told me (Carolina's) ball boys were doing it."

Ball boys are allowed to carry hand heaters, as Fox officiating analyst Mike Pereira pointed out, but they are not allowed to put game balls in front of sideline heaters. The Vikings have two December home games on their schedule -- this Sunday against the New York Jets and Dec. 28 against the Chicago Bears. After the league sent out a warning, it stands to reason they'll be watching the sidelines closely in cold-weather games this month.

THEY STILL HAD THE DEFLATED BALLS IN THE SECOND HALF! I posted a video of the refs stopping play at the start of the third to check one of them. We don't know what balls they used the rest of the game man.

Like I don't even care, but I don't understand why you and the rest of the Pats' fans are acting like this.

They got caught cheating. It was intentional. Now they have to eat the criticism.

Im not even a part of Pats nation and my team plays in the NFC

Eat the criticism? what if they win the Super Bowl? u gonna say they not world champions?

Blount ran all over that D

lets check his cleats :lol:

Both teams heating up their balls =/= one team sucking the air out of their balls

Not all ball altering is created equal. If one set of balls is larger than the other set of balls due to over-inflation, everyone is playing with bigger balls. If both teams have hot balls, both teams have hot balls.

Uniformity across balls is key. Can't have lopsided balls.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ all this uproar

son im dying :lol: :lol:

dont care huh ? yet you're writing in caps and exclamation points and have posted 10+ times in the past few pages about it :rolleyes

Both teams heating up their balls =/= one team sucking the air out of their balls

Not all ball altering is created equal. If one set of balls is larger than the other set of balls due to over-inflation, everyone is playing with bigger balls. If both teams have hot balls, both teams have hot balls.

breaking the rules is breaking the rules...both were illegal per league rules

let's be real...this is only an issue because New England did it. no one would care if any other team did something illegal.

Last edited:
it didnt make a difference in the game, pats ran all over us. but the fact that they still cheated is beyond me, how many times are the patriots going to get caught doing some dumb ****? with all this said i would love to see seatlle beat the patriots... but in all reality no way in hell the seahawks have a chance against the pats, patriots 42 seahawks 17... I'll also still be in arizona, no way im missing the nfl experience and media day even though i can care less about either team.

Russell struggled at home, throwing four picks and should have been six at home. But people think BB isn't gonna study that and execute that game plan even better. I don't see how NE can lose this game. NEs defense is much better and their offense is about the same as GB's AND it's a road game for Seattle. I wish both could lose but unfortunately, only Seattle will lose.

You know who feels like a huge idiot right now? Peyton Manning. He probably realized that he wouldn't have thrown so many ducks this year if only he had come up with this himself.

There's so much noise around this, it's ridiculous. Is it a competitive advantage to have deflated footballs in colder weather? Yes. Albeit slim, they broke the rules. However, since yesterday, we've seen the media take this from 0-60 in seconds and their agenda is very clear -- exaggerate a story to fill the void for the week. Damn shame.

Took longer than I expected with the "other teams do it too" statement

Seems to be the 'go to' defense

Like it or not public perception for this franchise is altered and in my opinion won't be repaired until BB is gone. Should SBs be taken away? Of course not, but to deny that it is a bad look is foolish as well

Russell struggled at home, throwing four picks and should have been six at home. But people think BB isn't gonna study that and execute that game plan even better. I don't see how NE can lose this game. NEs defense is much better and their offense is about the same as GB's AND it's a road game for Seattle. I wish both could lose but unfortunately, only Seattle will lose.
Being on the road is actually a benefit for Russy this season, oddly enough

breaking the rules is breaking the rules...both were illegal per league rules

let's be real...this is only an issue because New England did it. no one would care if any other team did something illegal.

Yeah, but the difference is, both teams were playing with warm, hot, very easy to handle balls.

Bill wouldn't share his saggy, under-inflated balls. If he had just given his balls to Pagano then everything would be a wash. Instead, one guy is playing with his balls while the other isn't getting a chance to touch them.

All of this could have been avoided if Bill had just asked Chuck to use his balls.

Seattle is way more physical, Pats have lost to physical teams before

My dude DSA is in here like Tom Cruise in Last Samurai with a sword and everyone coming at him with guns

I'm not even made at the Pats, I wish the Eagles cheated then we'd have at least another NFC Championship banner in the rafters

Last edited:
listen folks -- i love my patriots but if they cheated , then they deserve to get penalized . i just think its funny how thirsty some people (not all) are to pour it on as if spygate and ball deflation are the reasons for the patriots success

there are other teams and coaches in sports that have multiple violations and have broken the rules , but i dont rush to call them cheaters or label them as cheaters . if were going to be realistic here , cheating and pushing the envelope has always been and will continue to be a part of sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom