NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have talent (in regards to Hardy), you'll get a job in the league. NFL puts up a good front with their PSAs (no more), lipservice to the media, etc., but at the end of the day, winning >>>>>> character.

These guys will lie right in your faces, but let's be real. If there is a super talented player who has off-the-field problems, they will get chance after chance to get on a roster.

Ray Rice, dude was coming off an atrocious season statistically, and can be argued that he was at the point of his career as a RB when he would start trending downwards. Why put him on a roster when you can get the same production out of another player with less of a headache? Talented guys like Pacman Jones, Vick, Ray Lewis, Hardy, etc. still had PLENTY to give on the field.

GMs may say one thing to the media about how deplorable their actions were, but behind closed doors, it's a different story.

If Dallas wins a SB, you think anyone will give a **** about what Hardy's problems were? As long as the Cowboys are winning and Hardy is producing, nothing else really matters to those who run a team.
not just in football dude. Works in life in general. Personally idc what players do on they off time.

If you have talent (in regards to Hardy), you'll get a job in the league. NFL puts up a good front with their PSAs (no more), lipservice to the media, etc., but at the end of the day, winning >>>>>> character.

These guys will lie right in your faces, but let's be real. If there is a super talented player who has off-the-field problems, they will get chance after chance to get on a roster.

Ray Rice, dude was coming off an atrocious season statistically, and can be argued that he was at the point of his career as a RB when he would start trending downwards. Why put him on a roster when you can get the same production out of another player with less of a headache? Talented guys like Pacman Jones, Vick, Ray Lewis, Hardy, etc. still had PLENTY to give on the field.

GMs may say one thing to the media about how deplorable their actions were, but behind closed doors, it's a different story.

If Dallas wins a SB, you think anyone will give a **** about what Hardy's problems were? As long as the Cowboys are winning and Hardy is producing, nothing else really matters to those who run a team.
not just in football dude. Works in life in general. Personally idc what players do on they off time.

There are some dudes who do some foul ****, but I don't put these guys on pedestals for anything more than what they are to me....football players. Simple as that. Do I always condone what they do off the field? Hell no. However, at the end of the day, NFL GMs want to do whatever it takes to make money and win. On every team, there isn't a roster filled with choirboys. You have guys who get 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances...but that's what life in the league is about. You can hope they don't make the same mistakes, but most importantly, if they're granted those chances, you REALLY want them to contribute in a big way ON the field.

Last edited:
We really gonna act like what he said isn't fundamentally true though?

Of course the NFL is a different workplace but in any workplace, those who produce, those who add value beyond the norm, will always have a longer leash.

Last edited:
Sad but true. Just how it is. That's why I love high performers who also do it ethically and with some decency. Very refreshing to see

Pat White called it quits,I had no idea he was still in the league
laugh.gif
Not sure if he technically was. Last I heard he was training to get camp invites or to be ready if a team was in desperate need during the season. Not sure if he was ever signed after Washington dropped him.

Probably best he moves on anyway...Get something else started with life.

Last edited:
highly disagree, if an employer found out you assaulted a female, you aren't getting another similar job as easy as Hardy did
yes you are if you are talented enough. chris brown, mike tyson, leonard little(different situation) , ,. old chief of police for the los angeles sheriffs department could not carry a gun because he got in trouble for beating his wife. dude kept his job but couldnt carry a gun.
.... talking about dudes with talent. lots of talent or high positions.... . you talented enough youll get another shot. .the more talented you are the more you can get away with.
i can keep going.

Last edited:
I know that he tried his shot at the CFL last year but it didn't pan out. He was exciting as hell back at WVU but yeah, it's probably the smartest idea for him too move on with his life

We really gonna act like what he said isn't fundamentally true though?

Of course the NFL is a different workplace but in any workplace, those who produce, those who add value beyond the norm, will always have a longer leash.

high level workers in the general workforce are much easier to replace then high level pro bowl caliber football players

highly disagree, if an employer found out you assaulted a female, you aren't getting another similar job as easy as Hardy did
chris brown, mike tyson, leonard little(different situation) , ,.
.... talking about dudes with talent. lots of talent . you talented enough youll get another shot. . i can keep going.

you are talking about celebrities which is essentially what an all star athlete is

that's not works in general

Last edited:
I think it really only applies in the workforce if you're like a high level employee. I'm talking CEO types. 

If someone like me had a record like that, I would fail every background check and someone with the same credentials, but without a police record would get that position instead.

you are talking about celebrities which is essentially what an all star athlete is

that's not works in general
read it again. just mentioned the la sheriffs former chief of police. low level workers are the ones that wont get jobs so easy again ....

Last edited:
I think it really only applies in the workforce if you're like a high level employee. I'm talking CEO types. 

If someone like me had a record like that, I would fail every background check and someone with the same credentials, but without a police record would get that position instead.

exactly

I am the manager of my department but best believe I can be replaced pretty easily regardless of how highly people think of me if it came down to me smacking up a female

exactly

I am the manager of my department but best believe I can be replaced pretty easily regardless of how highly people think of me if it came down to me smacking up a female
no offense but obviously you arent that talented or in a position of power. some can and others cant. not a diss at you at all tho.

Last edited:

exactly

I don't know why you guys are so caught up on felonies and criminal records. Everyone acknowledges the NFL is a different type of workplace, no just because you count beans better than the next guy, it wont save your job if you're out getting convicted or arrested for felonies. Dude pretty clearly transitioned to the general idea that high production or value will always allow you to get away with more than the next guy in everyday life and he's right. 

exactly

no offense but obviously you arent that talented or in a position of power. some can and others cant. not a diss at you at all tho.
I know you said 'no offense' and didnt mean it in a disrespectful manner, but this is hilarious.

exactly

actually I am but...

if word got around I beat up my girlfriend it wouldn't be long before I wasn't especially when others stopped wanting to work with me which creates a hostile work environment

actually I am but...

if word got around I beat up my girlfriend it wouldn't be long before I wasn't especially when others stopped wanting to work with me which creates a hostile work environment
if u that replaceable you not my dude... we talking on the ceo,real boss , high status level.... 

Last edited:
if u that replaceable you not my dude... we talking on the ceo,real boss , high status level. 

which is it?

you said in general, if you said CEO, "real boss" status from the beginning then this conversion wouldn't be taking place that's not in general

no offense but my guess is you are easily replaceable

which is it?

you said in general, if you said CEO, "real boss" status from the beginning then this conversion wouldn't be taking place that's not in general

no offense but my guess is you are easily replaceable
i never said i wasnt. dont put words in my mouth but i can accept that and dont try to act like i run something or im irreplaceable. stop getting hurt my dude  

i said it works in life in general. the most talented people can get away with alot more then average dudes.
not me not you and most likely  not anyone  here are one of those dudes with that kind of talent or status but im not going to complain about it ., like i said some can and some cant. ,. . 

Last edited:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 43s44 seconds ago
Dolphins announced they have signed former 49ers RB LaMichael James to a one-year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom