NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arians really thinks he's a RB away? Ellington was playing on a bad foot for the entire season, why not pair him with a younger talent in round 2 or 3 and keep that 1st
Why not? No injury to Palmer and they may win a game or two in the playoffs. Heck they probably get a bye. Carson doesn't guarantee that, but I'm sure that's what Arizona is thinking.

Ellington is not comparable to an Adrian Peterson and drafting someone in the first is still not a proven product despite how high their ceiling might be. AP is fresh and pissed. He'll take away some pressure from Carson, which alleviates some of the concerns of his proneness for turnovers...I don't see it being a huge deal if they gave away a first.

Heck...Seattle and NE are the last two SB winners and they both traded out of the first. In those cases they were also to Minnesota, but the trade obviously didn't hurt them. In Seattle's case, even though Percy was a dud, he played well in the playoffs and SB. It worked out.

Last edited:
Yeah if you have the opportunity to get AP, especially like a team like Arizona who isn't that far away, you gotta do it.

I did read that Arizona said they wouldn't take him on at his current contract though so I'm pretty sure some restructuring would be involved.

I can never take a dude seriously if he riding a round in an evoque

Like bruh you couldn't at least lease the sport?

Last edited:
Reactions: S4L
Dudes ain't got **** relevant to say so they change the topic.

Like bringing up a man's car.

Or bringing up Matt Stafford when discussing Matt Cassell and Sam Bradford. :nerd:

Whoa we are getting off track
Just another regular day in the NTNFL offseason thread 
laugh.gif

It may not be long before the Seattle Seahawks lock up franchise quarterback Russell Wilson to a long-term deal.

ESPN.com Seahawks reporter Terry Blount told 710 ESPN Seattle's "Brock and Salk" on Friday that Seattle and its 26-year-old signal caller could be on the verge of a big and unique contract extension.

"From what I've been told they're very close, they're just trying to make sure every single thing is in place before they go forward with this," Blount said. "I think it's going to be bigger and crazier and different from what any contract has ever been."
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2733423/ESPNs-Blount-Seahawks-Russell-Wilson-very-close-to-new-deal

Last edited:
Hoping its a lot of guarantees with a relatively low corresponding cap hit.

Maybe that's too much to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom