NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see...play a sport where I get guaranteed money, don't have to worry about getting seriously hurt unless it's from a freak accident, and get to sit or stand for 80% of the game...

Or play a sport where a 265 lb dude running a 4.8 is trying to take my head off.

Pretty easy for me to decide, too.
yup... Plus in baseball you got to play in the hot sun and play 160games... Basketball the best...

closer in baseball >

or knuckleball pitcher >
Not bad options but I'm taking warm weather, beautiful views, high class and wealthy ladies over 162 games
with both jobs/roles you can literally work for 20 years and get by with solid pay.. and I put knuckleballer because you don't have the concern for stress on your shoulder (injury).. and if you're good at that you probably could go well into your 40s

plus as a starting pitcher, you're only playing in what just over 30 games?

the rest you have a front row seat

Last edited:
only thing is if you're a pitcher in the MLB tommy john surgery is almost guaranteed at this point

If I have a son, I'm putting a baseball in his hand from the jump. Force him to throw left-handed and see what happens. Left-handed pitchers always get chances if they're above average.

That's probably the only true effort I'd put in, to get him to play a specific sport. Of course, I say that now.

Last edited:
^ I'm finding someone to teach my son how to throw a knuckleball.. if you can do it, you might be able to cut out a 20-30 year career on a niche

hell, wakefield and ra dickey are the only guys I can think of that use/used it off the top of my head

Chip got Fisher cosigning the hype of Bradford
nthat.gif
what he say now?

If I have a son, I'm putting a baseball in his hand from the jump. Force him to throw left-handed and see what happens. Left-handed pitchers always get chances if they're above average.

That's probably the only true effort I'd put in, to get him to play a specific sport. Of course, I say that now.
lefty heck yea. look at jamie moyer.

5 years of hype and injuries though.

moreso excited to see if another team buys on the "hype" and Chip uses him in a deal to move up, which is still possible. I myself am not too thrilled about Bradford, but if he's healthy then he can be an accurate presence in Chip's O.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom