NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip doesn't give in to these entitled athletes....he's kinda like Bill Belicheck :pimp:

Or Josh McDaniels.

Honestly lol at football players being entitled compared to football coaches. There is NO ONE more entitled than football coaches.

Chip Kelly oozes entitlement.

For the record, josh mcdaniels has a career record of 11-17.. Chip has 10 wins each of his first two seasons

And there are ALOT more people more entitled than football coaches.. Maybe someone like nick saban who can get his team into the national title game every season or at least in the running, and can get tax payers to pay for his 12 mill house (I think that's the number).. but let him start losing and he'll get run out of town too

Let's not act like pete hasn't gotten rid of players, or are we forgetting where Harvin finished up the season

As with any organization these guys have to decide who they are going to empower and the ramifications that can have on the rest of the team.. If richard Sherman didn't have a great work ethic with the play on the feild to back it up, you think pete would have kept him around?

Look at AP who wants to play butt hurt because probably for the first time in his life some team didn't bend over backwards to appease him.. How many coaches do you think could get away with that and not only keep their jobs but have other teams and fans salivating for their services?

Or how about phil Jackson who only wanted to come back to coaching the lakers if he could only coach the home games due to his back and with a specialized chair.. And do you really think he's doing all the scouting work that is really required for his present job?

Or you got ex players like charles Barkley and co who think they are smart enough to be NBA GMs.. And throw jabs at the dudes who want to use all available resources when making a decision, like that's the dumb thing

Chip doesn't give in to these entitled athletes....he's kinda like Bill Belicheck :pimp:

Bill got Brady though. He can get rid of dudes and bring in anybody cuz they know they can always lean on Brady. Chip had Andy Reid's players, now he's got "His players" and we'll see how that works.

@JasonPhilCole: Just to be clear, I reported that #Eagles aren't all that into trading for Manziel. Idea was just tossed around from #Browns end.

If mariota isn't there with the 6th pick if I'm the jets id trade down to pick up a lineman and a rb. Or they have mock drafts with the jets drafting pass rusher. They've drafted someone on defense every year after mark Sanchez in the first round . It's time they get young on offense imo

Chip had Andy Reid's players, now he's got "His players" and we'll see how that works.

Maclin had his only season over 1,000 yards with chip.. Desean and lesean both had their career years under chip

Andy was 4-12 the year before chip got there.. 8-8 the year before that

Maclin would have been back, if not for the chiefs making him the 7th highest paid WR

For the record, josh mcdaniels has a career record of 11-17.. Chip has 10 wins each of his first two seasons

And there are ALOT more people more entitled than football coaches.. Maybe someone like nick saban who can get his team into the national title game every season or at least in the running, and can get tax payers to pay for his 12 mill house (I think that's the number).. but let him start losing and he'll get run out of town too

Let's not act like pete hasn't gotten rid of players, or are we forgetting where Harvin finished up the season

As with any organization these guys have to decide who they are going to empower and the ramifications that can have on the rest of the team.. If richard Sherman didn't have a great work ethic with the play on the feild to back it up, you think pete would have kept him around?

Look at AP who wants to play butt hurt because probably for the first time in his life some team didn't bend over backwards to appease him.. How many coaches do you think could get away with that and not only keep their jobs but have other teams and fans salivating for their services?

Or how about phil Jackson who only wanted to come back to coaching the lakers if he could only coach the home games due to his back and with a specialized chair.. And do you really think he's doing all the scouting work that is really required for his present job?

Or you got ex players like charles Barkley and co who think they are smart enough to be NBA GMs.. And throw jabs at the dudes who want to use all available resources when making a decision, like that's the dumb thing
Honestly can't even tell what is agreeing with me, what is supposed to refute/disagree with what I said, or how half these things even relate to what I said.

You made a definitive statement that I can't agree with.. Maybe some 40 year high school football coach with a couple state titles

Or maybe coach k, who can make choices/decisions without significant fear for the ramifications.. Like whatever went down with one of his players this season

Just pointing out examples of coaches making decisions with their teams..

And other examples of people being/acting entitled

Last edited:
Chip had Andy Reid's players, now he's got "His players" and we'll see how that works.

Maclin had his only season over 1,000 yards with chip.. Desean and lesean both had their career years under chip

Andy was 4-12 the year before chip got there.. 8-8 the year before that

Maclin would have been back, if not for the chiefs making him the 7th highest paid WR

Point is the talent was already there. And the fact that he let all that talent go after they had produced like you just said is why people are looking at him like he's dumb. He didn't want those dudes, he wants "His players" so now the spotlight is on him.

Last edited:
wrong thread 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Only person he let go was desean.. And as mentioned above you have to be careful who you decide to empower within a team structure

Desean basically took a year off, then signed a contract.. Then proceeded to start asking for more guaranteed money every offseason after

Chip traded mccoy for kiko.. Then signed murray and mathews

He offered maclin 9.5 per, cheifs offered 11

Guys like jason peters, jason Kelce and fletcher cox are still on the team

You just go too far to defend Phila and Chip. Just relax, it's a message board. Everyone has their own opinions, you don't have to write 2-4 paragraphs to defend them every time.

**** is funny.:lol:

Dude acts like these aren't questionable moves. Like how dare we question the great Chip Kelly.

You just go too far to defend Phila and Chip. Just relax, it's a message board. Everyone has their own opinions, you don't have to write 2-4 paragraphs to defend them every time.

I assume you're talking about me.. Please give an example of "going to far"

Going to far, in my opinion, is comparing chip to joepa/Sandusky after making a couple of personnel decisions

I assume you're talking about me.. Please give an example of "going to far"

Going to far, in my opinion, is comparing chip to joepa/Sandusky after making a couple of personnel decisions

He just gave you an explanation by saying "you don't have to write 2-4 paragraphs to defend them every time" ...

**** is funny.:lol:

Dude acts like these aren't questionable moves. Like how dare we question the great Chip Kelly.

When did I ever say never question them.. Hell, look at what I've said after the bradford trade.. Hell, look at what I said above

When was the only season maclin had over 1000 yards?

When was desean's best season?

When was lesean' best year?

What was the Eagles record the year before chip?

What was the Eagles record the year before that?

Board goes extra hard because it is Chip Kelly, If any other coach turned Shady into Kiko, Ryan Mathews and DeMarco I don't think the bias would be the same. Chip saw a ceiling with the talent he had. I am just along for the ride at this point because this either fails miserably or it is "genius" moves, I don't see a middle ground to any of this.

and that's the bottom line because Stillin said so
View media item 1482641

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom