NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I just think having Sporles on board ate into some of his production/targets in the passing game.

I'm not sold on the McCoy's production dropped by 33% because of his skill, I think it had more to do with adding Sproles, Maclin coming back, the TEs stepping up their production etc.

his yards per carry avg went from 5.1 to 4.2

here is you implying he was a product of his line and pretty much saying he is overrated

I'm just shocked he didn't go on one of his usual 2-4 paragraph rants when he replied to me :lol:

Nah, I just think having Sporles on board ate into some of his production/targets in the passing game.

I'm not sold on the McCoy's production dropped by 33% because of his skill, I think it had more to do with adding Sproles, Maclin coming back, the TEs stepping up their production etc.

his yards per carry avg went from 5.1 to 4.2

here is you implying he was a product of his line and pretty much saying he is overrated

And I'm the one that jumps to extremes

Are Clinton Portis, Warrick Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Tiki Barber, Ricky Williams, Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor, Steven Jackson, and Ricky Watters hall of famers?

Man if fred Taylor could stay healthy.. People don't realize how good he was.. Hell, how good those Jaguars teams were

Man if fred Taylor could stay healthy.. People don't realize how good he was.. Hell, how good those Jaguars teams were

Fred was soooooooooooooooooooo filthy. I posted the game highlights when he and MJD went for like 400 yards on the Colts. :x :smh: :smokin

Anyways, all of those guys rushed for more yards in their careers than Shaun Alexander.

Shaun does have that MVP that Steve and Walter gifted him tho.

I went to boarding school up in jax between 98-02.. Sooo a lot of my boys were in early on him because he came out of Florida

Will never forget that beat down they put on the Dolphins that sent Marino into retirement

my buddy was a Jags fan, had the Fred Taylor and Brunell jersey combo going

Jimmy Smith was pretty damn nasty too

Are Clinton Portis, Warrick Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Tiki Barber, Ricky Williams, Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor, Steven Jackson, and Ricky Watters hall of famers?

Curious to see the numbers on these guys.

Ricky Williams, damn. Guy was pretty damn good. He was great in Miami when he wanted to be and he was still good in BAL. Too bad he had his issues.

Warrick Dunn is my guy. Fred Taylor was pretty special to watch.

I don't think fred makes it (or gets close).. If he could have stayed healthy, he prob makes it easily.. But that's a lot of guys in the nfl

Terrell doesn't belong. No names had 1000 yard seasons in that system and Terrell didn't do it long enough. Too short of a career.

The implications of names like Sandusky and Paterno is where I got off board. Those names imply far more than a simplistic entitlement or power issue with NFL coaches
Man I didn't compare the two.  I pointed to the worst-case example of what happens when entitlement goes wrong.  And the level of entitlement and impunity for those guys was the biggest reason things got as bad as they did, in that case.

In the NFL mostly it just means coaches being a-holes.

The short career doesn't bother me. It's the fact that all his great seasons are condensed into a small 3-year stretch. Other than that, his rookie year was okay, but not HOF and his last 3 were really really ugly. 211, 282 and 701 yards. No way.

what are the contract details?

i'm all for it if he can stay healthy & hold onto the ball

haven't seen any contract numbers yet. ball security has definitely got better with Riddler though. i think he'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom