NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Would Philip have gotten a ring or two? Would he fold under pressure like he did in SD?
Impossible to know or even really speculate about. 

Last edited:
This. The Mannings are football's royal family. Only a Manning can dictate who he's going to play for right out of college.

I wasn't serious about MM8 pulling that kind of move, that's not even in his character

I meant it as being taken by the Browns is where QB's go to die

Steve young made it out.. Ditto favre

Obviously not from the Browns.. But for our sake, we just need him healthy and not taking an rg3 like beating on Sundays

Troy :smokin

Favorite memory is the 2008 AFCC when he picked off Flacco, ran across the field and scored with Heinz Field the loudest it's ever been. Sent them to the SB and trophy

His timing of the snap on short downs
His pinky INT vs Chargers
His fumble return for a TD vs GB in 05
His 'INT' vs Indy in 05 which should have sealed it
His ankle tackle on a RB for a loss as he comes flying into the screen

Besides QB no player impacted the W/L record like Troy. And even better dude off the field which is refreshing. Best of luck, see you in Canton (I hope)

Him and Ed dominating the safety position :smokin
End of an era :frown:

The pinky INT :pimp:

Obviously not from the Browns.. But for our sake, we just need him healthy and not taking an rg3 like beating on Sundays

problem is if he goes to the Browns and is available in two years he probably failed and Chip is probably not the Eagles coach either meaning he failed

I really remember Troy in his early days from like 2004-2006 because being in the middle of PA for college, I made a lot of friends who were Steelers fans

problem is if he goes to the Browns and is available in two years he probably failed and Chip is probably not the Eagles coach either meaning he failed

With the rate the Browns give up on guys (weeden taken in the first in '12 and manziel last year.. Then the coaching changes).. Plus the supporting cast on offense, not really sure you can properly judge anyone thrown into that mess

And chip got 10 wins out of the turd sandwich we got at QB play last year.. So he might be able to survive a year or two with mediocre QB play (he has to this point)

But lurie and co aren't quick to fire guys anyways (just look at reid keeping his job).. But chip might head back to college if things get rough

Last edited:
People were fooling themselves with manziel. I remember watch him in college thinking he was going to bust. It's really not surprising IMO.

when you got a WR like Mike Evans. A man amongst boys you can close your eyes and just throw the ball up :lol:. This dude playing like hes still in college :smh:

The problem with manziel, is you had the skip bayless' of the world giving a false impression.. And setting the bar way to high

I don't think he's like eric couch

But I do think he's a limited talent, but I think he can still be successful in the league.. But he has to realize his limitations.. He has to look at someone like jeff Garcia and try and emulate the things he did

I'll believe all this happens when I see it but things could get interesting for Darren Sharper when he is "freed."

Darren Sharper May Be Subject To Penis Monitoring Until He Dies

Convicted rapist Darren Sharper will serve nine years in prison for his crimes, but he won’t return to a regular life after he finishes his sentence. If two New Orleans judges approve the deal instead of issuing a 20-year sentence in Louisiana, Sharper will be treated as a sex offender, and closely monitored for the rest of his life.

The New Orleans Advocate has details of the pending agreement. After prison, Sharper would be on parole in California, registered as a sex offender and narcotics offender. He’d be tracked by GPS. After parole, he’d be moved to Arizona for probation for the rest of his life. Sharper would no longer be allowed to drink alcohol, go to a bar, use online dating, or travel more than 50 miles away from his home without permission from state officials. His penis would be also be monitored:

Sharper will be subject to lie detector tests and, while on lifetime probation in Arizona, to the “penile plethysmograph,” in which a sensor is attached to the penis while an array of sexual images flashes before his eyes, to gauge arousal.

Once finished with parole in California, Sharper would move to Arizona for lifetime probation, according to the agreement.

There, his neighbors, school groups and any employers will be alerted to his presence, and his face, address and a description of his crimes may be posted on a flier.

The terms of that probation will continue if Sharper lands back in prison for violating the conditions of the deal and serves out his sentence in prison.

“There will never be a time he will be finished,” a person familiar with the deal said.

As the deal is laid out, if Sharper violates it, he goes back to prison, finishes his sentence, and continues to follow these rules after he gets out again.

Sheesh.

Still, **** him tho...

Thats a WAAAAAAY better deal than being in prison.

*saves rant about legal system*

People were fooling themselves with manziel. I remember watch him in college thinking he was going to bust. It's really not surprising IMO.

when you got a WR like Mike Evans. A man amongst boys you can close your eyes and just throw the ball up :lol:. This dude playing like hes still in college :smh:

That Alabama game in his last year dude was slinging the ball everywhere giving no f's. It was entertaining but I remember thinking there's no way this can work in the NFL. Tebow was giving chances cuz people liked his personality, with the issues Manziel comes with teams don't want to touch him.

Last edited:
Tebow gets shots because he's 6'3 250 and runs a 4.7..

That's very good numbers for a lb

But coaches aren't overly eager to deal with the headache that comes with tebow either.. For a star guy sure.. For a developmental/fringe roster guy, hell no

Last edited:
I don't really think it has to do with the fact that Tebow is simply just a "very nice guy." Tebow was/is a phenomenal leader. Add that to his measurables and it would be crazy for not one team to at least try and see if there was something there. 

I think Manziel was worth a shot too. Just not as a first round guy. I didn't like him at all for the longest time, but then a few A&M fans forced me to look harder and I figured he would be a 50/50 prospect. One half is the guy we see now, but the other half -- if he had his head on straight -- I contend could still have been a Doug Flutie-type and a productive quarterback. There's still time for that, but he's just not doing anything right. He don't want it like that. 

Last edited:
Tebow gets shots because he's 6'3 250 and runs a 4.7..

That's very good numbers for a lb

Who's tryna play him at LB though? His weight is irrelevant considering the position he wants to play. Every time people talk about Tebow it's "he's such a great guy" or his throwing motion. Only time people really talked about his size was when he was in college cuz he could run over dudes.

Who's tryna play him at LB though? His weight is irrelevant considering the position he wants to play. Every time people talk about Tebow it's "he's such a great guy" or his throwing motion. Only time people really talked about his size was when he was in college cuz he could run over dudes.

he's not saying he is gonna be played at LB, he is comparing his size to another position for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom