NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If tebow ever gives up the whole 'I only want to play QB' thing..

Teams would easily take looks as a TE/h-back

If tebow ever gives up the whole 'I only want to play QB' thing..

Teams would easily take looks as a TE/h-back

I thought this too, but how are his block and catching skills? It's not something you learn over night.

I got no clue.. But his size speed and agility are why "teams would easily take looks"

Same reason former college QBs get looks (Hines ward, Edelman, brad smith, randle el).. Then you have the guys who played mostly basketball in college (gates, jimmy graham, Julius thomas)

But for him it would be his catching skill that would really matter

Last edited:
Those guys were willing, Tim isn't. Not sure why he is stubborn about it but honestly he has it made as a speaker

At least tebow has made some money (if just off of being a 1st round pick).. And is a big enough name to at least always get a job broadcasting/commentating on college games.. Then he has the whole christian following behind him

Eric couch is the the guy I don't understand.. I don't know him personally, so have no clue whether his family has money or not..

Tebow gets a shot cause he has the measurables and isn't a a pain in the ***.

Johnny doesn't and is a pain in the ***.

Not really that hard to understand.
remember when you were slurping Johnny and wanted the Texans to draft him?

Last edited:
If Manziel doesn't ever play again he was blackballed out of the NFL, plain and simple.

If Manziel doesn't ever play again he was blackballed out of the NFL, plain and simple.

or the fact he dropped to #24 and he is a head case might actually mean most teams think he sucks and isn't worth the headache and circus he comes with

Jets been needing a QB for decades, I would've punched a baby if they johnny foozball. I was praying it didn't happen. I'll be praying mariota is off the board this year too.

Couldn't disagree more. Plenty of teams already were unsure about how good he would be in the NFL. We now have tapes of him running around in an NFL game looking like a boy among men. Add a drug habit and an addiction to the limelight....don't see many teams wanting any of that.

And a team so desperate for a QB doesn't even want him, what does that tell other teams?

Last edited:
Johnny will get another chance anyways when/if he cleans his nose up and puts the bottle down

Last edited:
Damn, Im almost as torn up about Troy retiring as I was with Patrick Willis. Loved seeing all the tweets from fellow players after Troys announcement

or the fact he dropped to #24 and he is a head case might actually mean most teams think he sucks and isn't worth the headache and circus he comes with

A team traded up for him, and I don't believe it has to do with Manziel telling him I'll win you a SB or whatever that **** was. It's partially that, and obviously partially that they thought another team would potentially draft him. He was the 24th overall pick less than a year ago.

He has 35 pass attempts. If this ends up already being it for him, it's because he rode a narrative wave that he, at worst, only wrote the prologue of.

he will get another chance he really has cleaned up his act, I still think he will suck though which probably means I am setting myself up for him to be the Philadelphia Eagles Week 1 starter

That's all I'm saying. Based on what they invested in him, he deserves another chance to show a return on that investment. It'll just be sad if he doesn't have the opportunity though because I feel like we're seeing the beginning of guys having their careers ruined before they even start based on the mob mentality of the media.

He's not a saint, but like come the **** on. :lol: The Browns drafted him knowing they would see an issue or two, and even if it's been a bit more than they expected right away, he doesn't deserve a gravestone yet. They invested in him, so to not honor that because it's not the "cool" thing to do by the media would be such a Browns thing to do, but whatever.

Last edited:
When you aren't a good employee, people hire whom they like and get along with. People see it as black balling but it's kinda how the workplace works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom