NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
JP, Paul, were you guys old enough to know the 98 team? If so which hurt more? Vikes have had some serious heartbreak in their franchise history
13 years old. They both have their own unique levels of hurt. '98 was rough. Nothing stings as much as when you're a kid and all your friends know you love a certain team. You end up living by it. I was devastated. Finally!!!...The Vikings had a team everyone wanted to watch. They were exciting and had the greatest rookie of all-time. Team was historical. Most points in a season to that point and had only lost to the Bucs in a close game. Gary Anderson perfect on FG's...It all just hung there with that kick. It was so hard to watch that Super Bowl.

'09 was on its own level too though. I won't do that to myself right now. 
laugh.gif

Often forgotten is the '00 team with Culpepper though. They were favored to be in the SB as well...Got smacked. SMACKED in the NFCCG. 
mean.gif

Someday....Teddy?

Last edited:
Forgot about that team. Legit, most heartbroken franchise...Bills or Vikes :lol:

Vikes get my vote

Last edited:
I wonder if Bills fans look back appreciate anything in going to the Bowl 4 straight times...or is that the worst **** ever

I would feel the latter

One of the few times you can say the better team did not win the game. Vikings offense was not getting stopped by New Orleans. Not even close.

LOL.

Another edition of the greatest team to do nothing brought to you by Vikings fans...

I blame the Jsts for injuring Drew

I always felt sort of bad for Drew :\,lord knows what would've happened if he never got hit by big Mo Lewis. I guess he had an okay career after but it had to hurt seeing all the success the team achieved without him.

On this day 15 years ago...

That awkward,lanky kid from Michigan got drafted late and the rest is history :pimp:

they should bring out some special edition uggs to commemorate the occasion

Not a bad idea :rofl:

Last edited:
@AdamSchefter: NFL announced Adrian Peterson was advised today that effective tomorrow he is reinstated as an active NFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom