NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jameis is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck and one of the most talked about college quarterbacks of all-time. This isn't damn Blake Bortles we're talking about.

And we are keeping the pick.

Andrew Luck was only drafted 3 years ago though

it's not like saying Luck is the best QB prospect since Manning

I do think Jameis will be good though

Last edited:
not a huge fan of how our schedule played out:

week 4 bye is garbage
closing out the year @ NYJ and @ MIA sucks for us. two places we have trouble winning by more than a score usually. .

A week 4 bye isnt as horrible as you think

Think about it....theres 6 weeks in the preseason and then 3 regular season games which equals 9 weeks

Then after the bye there's 13 weeks remaining

I think a bye between week 4-7 is ideal

Last edited:
I just don't get how we still only got one primetime game and it's a Thursday night game at the end of the year against the ******* Rams. I would think people would like to see the #1 pick in action on MNF and SNF. If we end up with AP too then that's just a dumb decision.
I would just say...  Look at the Bucs primetime games the last couple seasons.  I think they are wary.

TB isn't letting go of Jameis unless some team makes an outrageous offer. Best QB prospect we've seen since Luck and I know that is only a couple years but there's been a lot of QBs drafted in that short amount of time.

Right but that doesn't mean TB should be headlining all these prime time games. Bucs don't sell like other franchises do on TV, at least at this point

not a huge fan of how our schedule played out:

week 4 bye is garbage
closing out the year @ NYJ and @ MIA sucks for us. two places we have trouble winning by more than a score usually. .

A week 4 bye isnt as horrible as you think

Think about it....theres 6 weeks in the preseason and then 3 regular season games which equals 9 weeks

Then after the bye there's 13 weeks remaining

I think a bye between week 4-7 is ideal

I still hate it :lol:

That said, the last two times we had a week 4 bye we went 14-2 (2004, 2010)

You don't care about byes, you just wanted to remind everyone of those seasons :lol:. We get it, you have a lot of small loss seasons

I need to get work done today, schedule did get me a little hyped for football (along with the Pens and Pirates sucking lately)

You don't care about byes, you just wanted to remind everyone of those seasons :lol:. We get it, you have a lot of small loss seasons

I need to get work done today, schedule did get me a little hyped for football (along with the Pens and Pirates sucking lately)

I need the Pens to pull it together to end all this local Rangers talk :x

Much rather see the Islanders host the Cup if I had a choice since the Devils forgot what winning was like :frown: :smh:

@AdamSchefter: Bengals announced they signed HC Marvin Lewis to a one-year contract extension, running through the 2016 season.

I'm convinced that Lewis has dirt on Mike Brown. There's no way he keeps getting checks with mediocrity. :lol:

Brown knows how horrible his organization is

Only an elite head coach/GM can make them a consistent contender

A proven elite head coach/GM would not go to the Bengals though

Last edited:
LMAOOOOO @ Marvin Lewis getting another extension

DMX...no I really do hate early bye weeks. despite the track record.

@AdamSchefter: Bengals announced they signed HC Marvin Lewis to a one-year contract extension, running through the 2016 season.

I'm convinced that Lewis has dirt on Mike Brown. There's no way he keeps getting checks with mediocrity. :lol:

The Black Gary Kubiak strikes again

Brown knows how horrible his organization is

Only an elite head coach/GM can make them a consistent contender

A proven elite head coach/GM would not go to the Bengals though
Nah, with a QB they'd be a contender now.

Imagine if they'd taken Teddy last year...

Last edited:
I skimmed through everyone's schedule and Pitt at Seattle intrigues me the most
pimp.gif
Hope we obliterate them.  

Lewis, who completed his 12th year as head coach of the Bengals, is now 0-6 in the playoffs.

That ties Lewis with Jim Mora for most consecutive playoff losses to start a coaching career.

Mora went 0-6 in his 15-year head coaching career with the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts.

I guess he will be fired when he gets to his 15th season

I'm still trying to figure out what the Lions did to earn the most Nationally televised games in the league.

I ain't complaining but it doesn't make a lot of sense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom