NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the charges dropped? Has this guy been in trouble before? I don't understand the length of this suspension, no way cowboys sign him if they knew something like this was coming down the pike.

Wasn't the charges dropped? Has this guy been in trouble before? I don't understand the length of this suspension, no way cowboys sign him if they knew something like this was coming down the pike.
No, he settled out of court.  In addition though he was not convicted (again, settled) the case revealed that he had broken the NFL's conduct policy on multiple occasions.  Including the domestic violence.  So.... yeah.

No, he settled out of court.  In addition though he was not convicted (again, settled) the case revealed that he had broken the NFL's conduct policy on multiple occasions.  Including the domestic violence.  So.... yeah.

Ah, sucks to be him and the cowboys. Can't say I followed him or the situation much. Thanks.

Greg Hardy suspended 10 games
2eocttx_th.jpg

didn't the chick say the fight started because he was jealous she used to date Nelly? :lol:

He found out she was cheating on him with Nelly.

Speaking of Nelly...I saw him in concert a couple weeks ago downtown in Wilmington for the town festival right before he got pulled over and arrested for possession of meth, pounds of weed and like 60 illegal firearms :lol: I didn't picture Nelly to have all that in his tour bus at 40 years old.

Last edited:
He found out she was cheating on him with Nelly.

Speaking of Nelly...I saw him in concert a couple weeks ago downtown in Wilmington for the town festival right before he got pulled over and arrested for possession of meth, pounds of weed and like 60 illegal firearms :lol: I didn't picture Nelly to have all that in his tour bus at 40 years old.

my dude Nelly might not be escaping that one :smh:

this album got some spins, My Place and Grillz :pimp:
View media item 1502793

No money unless he's on the 53 man roster.
I'm sure he'll appeal, 10 games is crazy though.
I was thinking 6-8 because of how he sat out last year.
Oh well, maybe somewhere in the draft we'll find a pass rusher for the mean time.

according to TMZ this is why it's 10 games but I imagine an appeal gets it down to 6-8 games

A 2-month NFL investigation determined Hardy attacked Nicole Holder 4 times.

-- used physical force that landed her in a bathtub

-- used physical force that landed her on a futon that was covered with 4 semi-automatic rifles

-- grabbed her by the neck, leaving visible marks

-- shoved her against a wall

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/22/greg-...ic-violence-nfl-dallas-cowboys/#ixzz3Y4eCPLEj

Last edited:
according to TMZ this is why it's 10 games but I imagine an appeal gets it down to 6-8 games
A 2-month NFL investigation determined Hardy attacked Nicole Holder 4 times.

-- used physical force that landed her in a bathtub

-- used physical force that landed her on a futon that was covered with 4 semi-automatic rifles

-- grabbed her by the neck, leaving visible marks

-- shoved her against a wall

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/22/greg-...ic-violence-nfl-dallas-cowboys/#ixzz3Y4eCPLEj
So TMZ is reporting that the NFL did an investigation and found that those parts of the testimony are true...

EDIT: Adam Schefter reporting the same thing:
 The NFL’s investigation concluded that Hardy violated the Personal Conduct Policy by using physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances. First, he used physical force against her which caused her to land in a bathtub. Second, he used physical force against her which caused her to land on a futon that was covered with at least four semi-automatic rifles. Third, he used physical force against her by placing his hands around Ms. Holder’s neck and applying enough pressure to leave visible marks. And fourth, he used physical force to shove Ms. Holder against a wall in his apartment’s entry hallway.
“The net effect of these acts was that Ms. Holder was severely traumatized and sustained a range of injuries, including bruises and scratches on her neck, shoulders, upper chest, back, arms and feet,” Commissioner Goodell wrote. “The use of physical force under the circumstances present here, against a woman substantially smaller than you and in the presence of powerful, military-style assault weapons, constitutes a significant act of violence in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.”

Dude is lucky it's just 10 games, should obviously be in prison if the findings from the NFL are accurate.

Last edited:
So TMZ is reporting that the NFL did an investigation and found that those parts of the testimony are true...

EDIT: Adam Schefter reporting the same thing:

Dude is lucky it's just 10 games, should obviously be in prison if the findings from the NFL are accurate.

I believe so

PR move by Goodell to save face. It'll be appealed down to 5-7 games and Goodell could say, "He laid the hammer and tried his best" :smh:

10 games is a little excessive since he sat out 15 last season. I was expecting 6-8 as well.

Still a great signing for what it's worth. Gonna need a pass rusher for those first 10 games but I think Demarcus is ready to step up.

Jerry we calling AP or nah? Make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom