NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I hate that hypocrital, double standard having Roger Goddell...

Dude is STILL overcompensating for messing up the ray rice situation, then lying about it after..

This ain't even about Hardy, he deserved punishment...10 games is just Roger flexing his muscle imo...Dude saw an opportunity to lay the hammer and he ran with it.

I just think its funny that he rules with such an iron fist, yet when it's himself or an owner in trouble it's swept under the rug..

Dude messed up, lied about it, and somehow only got more power out of his incompetence.

And I know since I'm a cowboys fan I'm gonna be accused of defending Greg hardy.. I'm not doing that at all.. I have a rant on the commish every time he abuses his power. Which he clearly is doing.

Agree 100%

According to her? Or is that from Hardy's mouth?

I don't pass judgement in these situations. The courts are not the standard bearer of truth. Most of us know that, too often they're anything but, still people want to accept documents and individual accounts from stakeholders like their Bible.

Again I'm not calling it either way, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna adamantly say Hardy should be locked in a cell because of something I read like some people in this thread.
That's a testimony, Hardy has one too. Then it's up to you to provide evidence,witness statements,etc. to support your testimony. The accuser' (Nicole Holder) did a good enough job to support her testimony to the point that Hardy was found guilty in the court of law beyond a reasonable doubt. Then the NFL did their own investigation and punished Hardy's as well. And with the testimony &  the NFL's findings reported by Adam Schefter, it stated  what they used to support their decision as well as their findings:
 The NFL’s investigation involved numerous interviews with witnesses and experts, a review of hundreds of pages of court records, documents and exhibits, photographs, police reports, medical records, and reports and opinions of medical experts retained by Hardy’s attorneys and by the NFL office....The NFL’s investigation concluded that Hardy violated the Personal Conduct Policy by using physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances. First, he used physical force against her which caused her to land in a bathtub. Second, he used physical force against her which caused her to land on a futon that was covered with at least four semi-automatic rifles. Third, he used physical force against her by placing his hands around Ms. Holder’s neck and applying enough pressure to leave visible marks. And fourth, he used physical force to shove Ms. Holder against a wall in his apartment’s entry hallway.
TLDR: Yes, we technically don't know what happened, and technically noone really knows what really happened aside from Hardy & Holder, but there's enough evidence to support Holder's testimony to the point where Hardy was convicted of his crimes  by the U.S Govt (at one point) and to the point where the NFL feels like he should be punished. Yes, the system isn't perfect, but it's more often right than wrong, and it's not like they hand out punishments without truth beyond reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
Hardy got the conviction overturned on appeal

Goodells standard of justice doesn't really meet the legal standard

He suspended Roethlisberger when he wasn't even charged

He judges based on public opinion that is generally informed

Last edited:
He's done it for years now, why are we still surprised :lol:
Roger sucks, though I'm fine with a strong stance on DV

I mean when rice only got 2, didn't we all say that was wayyyyy to light?

And wasn't it overturned due to her not showing? Wasn't like there was evidence that showed a new story (IIRC)

Last edited:
They noticed differences in her testimony and she couldn't be found but yet she was posting on Facebook and IG :lol:

Also it was rumored she got paid from Hardy

If you really look at this case from testimony that has been released, there definitely should be some doubt about her and her story

I think if there was a bad photo it would be leaked already

She got paid. The story was true. We don't know how much of it was true but come on. You're sounding ridiculous if you don't think he did any of that stuff. She disappeared and they settled, it doesn't get clearer than that.

They noticed differences in her testimony and she couldn't be found but yet she was posting on Facebook and IG :lol:

If you really look at this case from testimony that has been released, there definitely should be some doubt about her and her story

you think the ER treated her fake injuries too?

How do you know those weren't self imposed injuries or she paid somebody to do that to her?

How do you know those weren't self imposed injuries or she paid somebody to do that to her?

I mean there is that scene in American Beauty....

but I'm guessing Hardy would've gone after her with a massive suit if this actually happened (and he should)

Last edited:

you think the ER treated her fake injuries too?

The report said they were minor scratches and bruises

Have you seen the photos?

Have you even listened to his 911 calls?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom