NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man y'all defending Hardy, got me wondering....

I don't like Greg Hardy. I don't like what he did. I wouldn't employ him, because I don't want to go out of my way to employ somebody who in multiple cases has abused his significant other and even threw her in a pile of guns while doing so in one of the repeat occurrences. But that is, of course, my personal choice of how I'd handle such a scenario.

But I can't agree with most who criticize the Dallas Cowboys, or who are high and mighty about hating Greg Hardy.

No I'm not defending him, as that last sentence I'm sure caused anybody reading to already have an outline in their head for when they respond.

Hardy's a public figure (in this case, a professional athlete), who represents less than 0.001% of the people in the United States who unfortunately have done the same, exact thing.

I have never... ever... spoken out about some random company in Minnesota for hiring somebody who participated in domestic abuse. Why? Because I wouldn't have heard of it happening, because they're a private citizen, and not a public figure.

The Cowboys are no different than the grocery market, bank, or restaurant you go to in your life that employs somebody who abused their wife/significant other.

You just haven't heard about that.

But if you did somehow come to learn of it, ask yourself:

'I spoke out about Greg Hardy once it was reported - would I be holding that same mic of justice if it came to my attention that one of the bank tellers I sporadically will associate/communicate with at my bank for withdrawing/depositing did the same thing?'

If you're in any way like me, you wouldn't associate with him whenever you went to that bank.

But you wouldn't be all over the damn internet typing why he should be locked away, or why the bank is a flat-out embarrassment, or why he's the scum of the earth... because he's not a public figure.

Public figures have millions, which none of us should have any problem admitting we envy. But to lash out with such vulgarity about Hardy or the Cowboys opting to sign him is truly embarrassing, because his earnings/fame should not have any effect on how his domestic abuse cases/employment opportunities thereafter are handled, compared to any other domestic abuser, and America's already spoken: it really is having an effect.

I see your point. But that bank teller isn't getting enough money to settle out of court to avoid jail time. Therefor they would have been punished and hopefully learned their lesson

Y'all leave Russ alone.
devil.gif

@JeffDarlington: President Obama to the Patriots: "I usually tell jokes at these things -- but I was worried 11 of 12 of them would fall flat."

:lol: :lol:

Wow :lol: :lol:

Man y'all defending Hardy, got me wondering about y'all....

This, but it isn't shocking since a lot of NTers hate women and everything they stand for.

but if some chick comes charging at me with a knife, I'm not going to just sit there and say "I shouldn't hit women"

Also, NTers seem to only think in extremes and don't know what a medium or actual context is. Where are all these women who charge at guys with knives and swing baseball bats at the drop of a dime?

Last edited:
NBA thread like in here. 

Russ ******* with Ciarra now? Hats off to that bum. 

I think Mr. Friendly is looking at it from a defense attorney pov. Isnt he in law school?

Not sure about what all happened with the case so I won't comment on it. 

NBA thread like in here. 

Russ ******* with Ciarra now? Hats off to that bum. 

I think Mr. Friendly is looking at it from a defense attorney pov. Isnt he in law school?

Is Mr. Friendly Jewbacca :nerd:

NBA thread like in here. 

No I'm not

You're thinking about jewbacca

I'm looking at it from an objective pov

There's need to be more evidence

Last edited:

NBA thread like in here. 

No I'm not

You're thinking about jewbacca

I'm looking at it from an objective pov

There's need to be more evidence
my **** up. sounds like a defense attorney's point of view. 

if all testimony or evidence can be countered, there's doubt and you can't convict

michael-jordan-shrug-o.gif

but if some chick comes charging at me with a knife, I'm not going to just sit there and say "I shouldn't hit women"

Also, NTers seem to only think in extremes and don't know what a medium or actual context is. Where are all these women who charge at guys with knives and swing baseball bats at the drop of a dime?

I'm just throwing out a hypothetical.. The extreme to me is when people say "you should never hit a woman"

In the hypothetical example I provided, I'm advising anyone I know to do whatever they gotta do

Last edited:
Is there any other sport that has these off field shenanigans? I mean it seems the other sports combined don't have this much crap go on :lol: :smh:

Its biggest league with the biggest rosters

NFL players actually get arrested at far lower rate than men aged 22-34

3 percent of NFL players compared to 10 percent of the general population

Its actually very good considering profiling and the demographics

Is there any other sport that has these off field shenanigans? I mean it seems the other sports combined don't have this much crap go on
laugh.gif
mean.gif
60 (counting ps) dudes on the team.less than half of that on a baseball team and half of that on a basketball team. there's bound to be more foolishness in football. 

Its biggest league with the biggest rosters

NFL players actually get arrested at far lower rate than men aged 22-34

3 percent of NFL players compared to 10 percent of the general population

Its actually very good considering profiling and the demographics

Eh I go the opposite I think there is lots that's handled or covered up where a 'normal Joe' would have to deal with law enforcement. Special treatment and exceptions definitely exist (for all sports really)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom