NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its biggest league with the biggest rosters

NFL players actually get arrested at far lower rate than men aged 22-34

3 percent of NFL players compared to 10 percent of the general population

Its actually very good considering profiling and the demographics

Eh I go the opposite I think there is lots that's handled or covered up where a 'normal Joe' would have to deal with law enforcement. Special treatment and exceptions definitely exist (for all sports really)

I think you are generalizing

You cant prove the NFL players get away with stuff from law enforcement that a average joe wouldn't get away with

A 3 to 1 margin is pretty good considering the demographics and the profile of these athletes

Last edited:
You don't think athletes get away with stuff? It happens starting at the high school level (maybe even earlier) and only grows from there :lol: I've seen plenty of exceptions made for the good athlete and that's on a small level. Money and fame makes all kinds of problems go away, we see it in many industries

like when the star HS/college QB somehow maintains a 3.0 gpa without going to class

athletes definitely get benefits the average joe would never get

like when the star HS/college QB somehow maintains a 3.0 gpa without going to class

athletes definitely get benefits the average joe would never get

man Jared Odrick used to lay down in the aisle of the class I had with him and put his book bag down as a pillow and sleep

I can only imagine what would have happened if I did that :lol:

You don't think athletes get away with stuff? It happens starting at the high school level (maybe even earlier) and only grows from there :lol: I've seen plenty of exceptions made for the good athlete and that's on a small level. Money and fame makes all kinds of problems go away, we see it in many industries

I never said I dont think athletes don't get away with stuff.

I said you cant prove athletes get away with stuff anymore than you can prove that family and friends of the police and other law enforcement get away with stuff

You see what I mean?

You're trying to bring up something that's not even close to being able to quantified

Thats why I referenced the arrests....a statistic that can be measured

Last edited:

You mean like Greg Hardy? :rofl:

I knew people who never went to class and still made great grades

Some people are adept at studying

Some people have study guides which aren't just limited to athletes

Also the college athlete has less time to spend on academics than a lot college students

I think alot of the time, the athletes are in more forgiving classes

Last edited:

I said you cant prove athletes get away with stuff anymore than you can prove that family and friends of the police and other law enforcement get away with stuff

You see what I mean?

You're trying to bring up something that's not even close to being able to quantified

So you believe stats and that tells the whole story

So what are your thoughts on the difference in arrest and incarceration rates between races? I mean, stats say one thing, I guess you don't look past that?

Just looking at a statistic and believing it blindly. Such a simplified view

Last edited:

You see what I mean?

So you believe stats and that tells the story

So what are your thoughts on the difference in arrest and incarceration rates between races? I mean, stats say one thing, I guess you don't look past that?

Im going to the gym .....I'll answer that in few hours

Also I need you to be more specific

Race is a very tricky subject

Last edited:

You see what I mean?

So you believe stats and that tells the story

Im going to the gym .....I'll answer that in few hours

Also I need you to be more specific

Race is a very tricky subject

He means why are there way less Black people in the USA but the prisons are dominated by blacks?

My point isn't to have a discussion on race and arrest rates, it's the fact that stats almost never tell the whole story. I could post example after example; it's a simplified view and one is easily influenced if they follow it. That was the point, showng a different perspective

Lies, damn lies and stats. They can tell just about any story or viewpoint that one wants. A politicians best friend :smh:

Sorry for the thread derail, I may ban myself from this thread

Last edited:
Because blacks are targeted with certain laws.

The cocaine vs crack laws is a clear cut example

And if you break it down economically middle/upper class blacks aren't out here doing crimes at the rate middle/upper class whites are

Poor people in general commit crimes no matter where you go in this world. No such thing as civilized poor people. That sounds like some bible **** and I don't think it was even like that in those tales

It's so deep but dense people think it's summed up by some smart *** comments fueled by Fox News :smh:

That's children for you

It's very clear that black men are targeted disproportionately in America both by law enforcement and by the judicial system when it comes to sentencing. There is decades of evidence to support that, and legitimate scholarly research explaining why. And yes, in short the answer is of course prejudice and racism.

It's very clear that black men are targeted disproportionately in America both by law enforcement and by the judicial system when it comes to sentencing. There is decades of evidence to support that, and legitimate scholarly research explaining why. And yes, in short the answer is of course prejudice and racism.

No sir. The judicial system gets it right most of the time all the time. What little bias there is is but a drop in the ocean.

Last edited:
Stats may lie about a quarterback rating or whatever but a 3 to 1 rate is not a stat that lies

Athletes aren't receiving privilege or getting away with stuff that much

Stats may lie about a quarterback rating or whatever but a 3 to 1 rate is not a stat that lies

Nah look what's on ESPN. Look at the tattoos, the builds, the way they talk. They're more prone to violence and criminal activity.

Nah look what's on ESPN. Look at the tattoos, the builds, the way they talk. They're more prone to violence and criminal activity.

Im saying athletes aren't prone to violence more than non-athletes

Statistically much less

Are you saying that the reason they don't believe the stats is because they think certain people are more prone to violence and the police just cover it because of their status?

Im saying athletes aren't prone to violence more than non-athletes

Statistically much less

Are you saying that the reason they don't believe the stats is because they think certain people are more prone to violence and the police just cover it because of their status?

It's sarcasm homie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nston-compared-to-draft-bust-jamarcus-russell

At least two NFL personnel executives see bust potential in Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, the presumptive top pick in next week's draft.

One thing to note: Both executives were quoted anonymously, meaning there were no names attached to their criticisms.

mean.gif
 F*** anonymous cowards

MM8 now riding the momentum of the media. Few weeks ago it was he was the bust and JW was the sure pick. Basically the media is throwing everything they can out there (shocking!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom