NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of RB's some ppl got the Ravens looking at Gordon ...good player but I'd rather pass on him n pick up another back in the 2nd/3rd/4th ...I think Ajayi and Coleman are gon be good too

I think RB's have become super undervalued.

Yall treating Gurley and Gordon like they aren't two of the best RB prospects in a while with All Pro potential.

This ain't Andre Williams and Monte Ball we talking about here, elite RB's still matter.

I think RB's have become super undervalued.

Yall treating Gurley and Gordon like they aren't two of the best RB prospects in a while with All Pro potential.

This ain't Andre Williams and Monte Ball we talking about here, elite RB's still matter.
So it's more like a Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson type of situation?

First, the only bowl game that matters is the last one that's played. When the burger King Shell Costco Bowl becomes bigger than winning a national championship then I'll be impressed by winning a bowl game.

Second, I don't make the photshop. To deny Miami's impact on the league... come on me. You're just lying to yourself now.

Think we talked about this a while ago in here (can't remember all of the specifics):

Out of the last like 10 or 15 SB winning teams, only two had RBs that finished in the top 5 in rushing (Baltimore w/ Ray Rice and Seattle w/ Beast Mode). Every other team had a RBBC approach.

Stud RBs def. still matter (esp. in Seattle's case), but at the end of the day, it's still a QB/defense driven league.

First, the only bowl game that matters is the last one that's played. When the burger King Shell Costco Bowl becomes bigger than winning a national championship then I'll be impressed by winning a bowl game.

Second, I don't make the photshop. To deny Miami's impact on the league... come on me. You're just lying to yourself now.

Wrong thread champ. Don't get flustered. :tongue:

I wasn't talking about the level of prospect, I meant the style of running back, neither of those guys run like Gordon or Gurley.
Right, and I was talking about the level of prospect.

Every year there's a new blue-chip can't miss RB or two ya'll hype up that busts and then next year you forget all about it.  "It's different this time".

It's just a high-bust position when you consider wear and tear and the transition to the pro game, not to mention the significance of certain college O-Lines.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about the level of prospect, I meant the style of running back, neither of those guys run like Gordon or Gurley.

I got ya, I just think taking a running back in the 1st round of the current NFL is a wasted pick unless you are a good to great team at the back end of the draft especially when you look at the leagues top rushers

I got ya, I just think taking a running back in the 1st round of the current NFL is a wasted pick unless you are a good to great team at the back end of the draft especially when you look at the leagues top rushers

^ This.

Colts getting Gurley would be :smokin

I think RB is only diminished in the draft because you can find guys in the 5th to come in and start. You don't NEED a guy in the first, pay him first round money and stuck with him for 5 years. But as a position it's still tops. See: Seahawks, Vikings (ap), Cowboys, Broncos, Eagles, Bils, etc.

Wrong thread champ. Don't get flustered. :tongue:

Hahahaha... not flustered at all. I'm stuck in traffic and my attention is mostly on driving. Whoops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed.

Agree with all said on this page. You don't take a RB in the first unless you're an established offense with no questions on your OL (Miami).

I think RB is only diminished in the draft because you can find guys in the 5th to come in and start. You don't NEED a guy in the first, pay him first round money and stuck with him for 5 years. But as a position it's still tops. See: Seahawks, Vikings (ap), Cowboys, Broncos, Eagles, Bils, etc.
Also because if you invest in the line it seems you're having just as much of an impact at building up your running game, but the bust quotient is lower and you know the guy's bodies are going to last longer.

RB is definitely an important position.  It's just that where you find the top RBs might not be the first round of the draft these days.

Lol.....Falcons taking a RB with the #8 pick in the draft when their defense is horrid and their offensive line might be even worse.

Good luck.

RB shouldn't even be in the question for the 1st round if you have other holes to be filled.

tbh i'd rather the Jets trade back & get more picks than reach for Gurley or Dupree

Lol.....Falcons taking a RB with the #8 pick in the draft when their defense is horrid and their offensive line might be even worse.

Good luck.

So take the 4th or 5th best pass rusher over a top player in the draft just because we got "needs" at Defense? NEEDS saw us draft Jamaal anderson ( The DE) over Pat Willis, NEEDS saw us draft Peria Jerry who is out of the league.. our last 13-17 draft picks have been defense, and Dimitroff has failed us the majority of th time.. I say you can find a playmaker first round, then get strong prospects with the other 7 picks. There is nothing to keep me thinking that Dupree is that much better than Eli Harold or Preston Smith, who will both stand a chance to making it to our second round pick.. Don't have us settling for the 5th ranked pass rusher over a bonafide playmaker.. There's no secondary player worth top 10 and any OL we draft would probably be starting at guard so thats a no go..

Quinn was with Seattle and knows more than almost anyone else how integeral an every down back is to a team, and how it enhances defenses..

So take the 4th or 5th best pass rusher over a top player in the draft just because we got "needs" at Defense? NEEDS saw us draft Jamaal anderson ( The DE) over Pat Willis, NEEDS saw us draft Peria Jerry who is out of the league.. our last 13-17 draft picks have been defense, and Dimitroff has failed us the majority of th time.. I say you can find a playmaker first round, then get strong prospects with the other 7 picks. There is nothing to keep me thinking that Dupree is that much better than Eli Harold or Preston Smith, who will both stand a chance to making it to our second round pick.. Don't have us settling for the 5th ranked pass rusher over a bonafide playmaker.. There's no secondary player worth top 10 and any OL we draft would probably be starting at guard so thats a no go..

Quinn was with Seattle and knows more than almost anyone else how integeral an every down back is to a team, and how it enhances defenses..
Point is taking a RB at #8 is bad value, and making bad value picks gets GMs fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom