NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted it bruh...I didn't take the picture 
laugh.gif

You were reaching for laughs and got crickets
Not really but if you say so. It got your attention though...
happy.gif

On a serious note, I hope your squad does well. At least you have Golden State...

Last edited:
Not sure if dicussed, but look what AP's agent is saying about his clients situation now:
"One of the things that I appreciate with the Vikings is their resolve to say 'we're not trading him,'" Dogra told USA TODAY Sports. "That tells me they value him not only as a football player, but what he's done for the organization.

"I actually, as an agent, not only appreciate it — I accept it. But actions speak louder than words. If that's going to happen, and you want to keep him, then show him a commitment to make him retire as a Viking. And I haven't had that solution."
Quite the different tune now that he realizes Minnesota isn't budging. 
laugh.gif

Great news as far as I'm concerned though. Felt it would be this way all along, but glad that this seems to finally be settling down. With AP, I am confident with feeling like anything short of the playoffs would be a disappointment. They don't have to win the division or be 11-5...9-7 wild card would be just fine with me, but with AP they are a much much better team. That much is obvious.

I'm confused on what you mean by Dogra changed his tune.

He didn't flip here, he dug himself deeper into that same, old stupid stance actually.

So AP hits his kid(s) 40 times with a switch and the Vikings - who just happened to have him on payroll at the time when **** hit the fan - are on the hook, essentially being goated into showing him they're committed? 'Actions speak louder than words ... show him a commitment to make him retire as a Viking."

Kevin Warren still works for the organization, but in the end, he's one guy and the Vikings aren't going to fully guarantee his ridiculous contract that he agreed to when he didn't have child abuse charges, but now apparently wants a boost post-child abuse? At some point, AP's mouthpiece will realize his client will of course blink first, and that this whole thing is stupid and getting even more tangled for absolutely no apparent reason.

In the end, AP is not going to hold out longer than the Vikings. Because the loser will win this particular Cold War, a war he and Dogra are fighting because they don't want $13 million, not sure why.

Last edited:
The incessant stomping and whining he was parading around doing to the confrontations with the FO. Purported trade demands. Publicly stating AP playing in Minnesota isn't in his clients best interest. A picture that suggests trade chatter?

He's backpedaling but trying to be subtle about it and in his arrogant way -- by insinuating that the Vikings pay his client more money -- is just conceding that he has no leverage. His tone/tune/aggressiveness has changed, but you are correct, his ineptitude as an agent, has not. He's just trying to save face as most he can by transitioning ever so slightly towards the direction he knows it's going, which was against his public stance since he first spoke out. 

There's nothing really tangled here, JP. Dogra mincing his words is all noise. This was a pretty straight forward scenario from day 1 and since no team was dumb enough to offer anything worth it for the Vikings to move him, AP will be in purple next season. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Yes, Scumbag Greg with no filter :smokin I love it, feels like the 90s all over again :pimp:

You're my hero Jerry, I knew you didn't lose a step :pimp:

And I bet if a musician used what he said as a punch line this wouldn't have even been brought up.

But since it's Dallas, this is front page news :smokin

You guys ever notice how Eagles fans always the FIRST to post Cowboys news in this thread?? :rofl:

Ol' undercover fanboys :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: S4L
The incessant stomping and whining he was parading around doing to the confrontations with the FO. Purported trade demands. Publicly stating AP playing in Minnesota isn't in his clients best interest. A picture that suggests trade chatter?

He's backpedaling but trying to be subtle about it and in his arrogant way -- by insinuating that the Vikings pay his client more money -- is just conceding that he has no leverage. His tone/tune/aggressiveness has changed, but you are correct, his ineptitude as an agent, has not. He's just trying to save face as most he can by transitioning ever so slightly towards the direction he knows it's going, which was against his public stance since he first spoke out. 

There's nothing really tangled here, JP. Dogra mincing his words is all noise. This was a pretty straight forward scenario from day 1 and since no team was dumb enough to offer anything worth it for the Vikings to move him, AP will be in purple next season. Simple as that.

Correct, it seems like they looked eye to eye and the agent lost. AP will be playing with the Vikings next year.

Maybe he's starting to realize how pathetic his client's whining looks from the outside considering what he did. A-Rod like heel turn.

Yes, Scumbag Greg with no filter :smokin I love it, feels like the 90s all over again :pimp:

And I bet if a musician used what he said as a punch line this wouldn't have even been brought up.

You guys ever notice how Eagles fans always the FIRST to post Cowboys news in this thread?? :rofl:

Yeah I don't find 9/11 comments like that amusing nor anything to ' :smokin ' at all. One of the few topics I find to be off limits. But hey, he's on your team so that supercedes all

Yeah I don't find 9/11 comments like that amusing nor anything to ' :smokin ' at all. One of the few topics I find to be off limits. But hey, he's on your team so that supercedes all

Well since u wanted to be that guy, I lost a couple people in 9/11 and stood on my roof watching it burn down, so please miss me with the "off limits" talk. Him being on my team has nothing to do it with because I would've said something similar if he was in Carolina or anywhere else.

Greg Hardy's comments don't bother me at all because I understand it was a joke, regardless of how tasteless it may be to some.

Everybody is so damn sensitive now a days, always putting these athletes on a pedestal like they aren't regular folks like you and me. How many of us have friends that say the craziest things in group chats or text messages? How many of us listen to music where an artist says a crazy punch line or metaphor? How many of us watch comedy shows and laugh at racial comments? It's the same exact thing.

We all know the intent behind it wasn't to be malicious but you guys wanna act like choir boys who have never said or agreed with anything considered "tasteless" then say certain topics are off limits, give me a break.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm all for comedy being about the majority of topics, and you've seen me post enough to know I'm not the overly PC dude. To me (which is how I phrased it), that is one of a few topics that I don't mess with when it comes to jokes and comments like that. And it isn't an internet thing, I've told people in person that I'm uncomfortable with it when it occurs.

Only item Id disagree with is that him being on the Boys doesn't sway your opinion. I'm sure if he was on an NFCE team you wouldn't be giving it the ':smokin'. No way to prove of course. Regardless Hardy's decision making skills certaintly seem questionable at best, dude can't seem to help but give people ammo. A problem with many athletes

Last edited:
Nah, I'm all for comedy being about the majority of topics, and you've seen me post enough to know I'm not the overly PC dude. To me (which is how I phrased it), that is one of a few topics that I don't mess with when it comes to jokes and comments like that. And it isn't an internet thing, I've told people in person that I'm uncomfortable with it when it occurs.

Only item Id disagree with is that him being on the Boys doesn't sway your opinion. I'm sure if he was on an NFCE team you wouldn't be giving it the ':smokin'. No way to prove of course. Regardless Hardy's decision making skills certaintly seem questionable at best, dude can't seem to help but give people ammo. A problem with many athletes

I respect your stance on the 9/11 topic.

And you're right about no way to prove it, but you've seen me post enough to know I look at both perspectives when it comes to majority of football topics regardless of my Cowboys alligence.

Very questionable decision making skills on Greg's part but he's never been the brightest bulb out the pack so I'm not even surprised by some of his recent actions. Like you said, a problem with many athletes.

of course :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom