NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had the Obama "Not Bad" face when I heard four games, because people were talking 6-8 :lol:

If it was a 100k fine, loss of a 5th rounder, and 2 games for Brady, Kraft probably would have accepted the punishment

Pretty reasonable reaction by an owner trying to protect his star player

give another example of an owner going to this extent to defend their star player...

this has A TON to do with draft picks. just as much as the suspension being 4 games.

and kraft and brady are pretty close...don't want to say father-son like but along those lines. so yeah i can see why he would go this far.

Last edited:

Troy Vincent's bitter *** went OD when he handed out that punishment.

troy Vincent wasn't with the eagles in '04
what's his life time record versus NE?
nerd.gif

ain't it like 0-5 or some ****?
gotta be better than that.. dude was on some decent dolphins teams before coming to the eagles

@SportsLawGuy 17m17 minutes ago
Brady appeal is much bigger than 4 game suspension. Is about power of commish to have final say over player discipline going forward.

@SportsLawGuy
NFLPA points to basic fairness. NFL points to CBA. NFLPA points back to basic fairness. And the battle continues...

Even tho the NFLPA is filing this and wants an arbitrator, the commish can literally say 'NOPE' and nothing can happen because of the CBA. The CBA that the NFLPA agreed on. Roger just has to say 'I agree with Mr. Vincent' and it's over.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

Last edited:
Brady appeal is much bigger than 4 game suspension. Is about power of commish to have final say over player discipline going forward.

@SportsLawGuy
NFLPA points to basic fairness. NFL points to CBA. NFLPA points back to basic fairness. And the battle continues...

Even tho the NFLPA is filing this and wants an arbitrator, the commish can literally say 'NOPE' and nothing can happen because of the CBA. The CBA that the NFLPA agreed on. Roger just has to say 'I agree with Mr. Vincent' and it's over.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

that last string of friendship between Kraft and Goodell bout to get tested :nerd:

give another example of an owner going to this extent to defend their star player...
Give another example of a player getting suspended for four games, loss a first round pick, and a cool million in fines for tampering with footballs . See how that works?
your words.. not mine:
 Pretty reasonable reaction by an owner trying to protect his star player
I'm just looking for these precedents on owners' reactions that YOU are referring to..

players have been suspended.. picks have been talking away.. teams have been fined

Last edited:

@SportsLawGuy

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

that last string of friendship between Kraft and Goodell bout to get tested :nerd:

Roger bout to make Kraft join the kiss-my-*** club or else Tommy Boy sittin' for 4 games. :lol:

Last edited:
this has A TON to do with draft picks. just as much as the suspension being 4 games.

and kraft and brady are pretty close...don't want to say father-son like but along those lines. so yeah i can see why he would go this far.
while I strongly dislike goodell.. and I like it's absurd the way this whole thing is structured..

players have been suspended.. picks have been taken away.. teams have been fined

only time I can think of owner openly challenging the league in this manner publicly, is back in the day when al davis was suing the league

Last edited:
your words.. not mine:

I'm just looking for these precedents on owners' reactions that YOU are referring to..

players have been suspended.. picks have been talking away.. teams have been fined

I dont need precedent to understand where Kraft is coming from though. My own opinion based on THIS incident, seperate from any other fines/suspensions, is that he felt it was excessive and chose to dispute it.

Pretty ironic precedent is being discussed at all when it comes to punishments in the NFL . We can all agree its basit all over the place :lol:

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

now THIS is where it gets interesting. Everybody else the commish has punished hasn't been backed by one of the games most powerful owners. So they've basically said we ain't changin' ish in the CBA until it expires. If Kraft comes out in favor of changing the discipline policy this could be epic.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

now THIS is where it gets interesting. Everybody else the commish has punished hasn't been backed by one of the games most powerful owners. So they've basically said we ain't changin' ish in the CBA until it expires. If Kraft comes out in favor of changing the discipline policy this could be epic.

Exactly, and honestly, the game needs it. The discipline policy should be completely overhauled.

Supposedly, there are a lot of owners that are happy with the punishment NE received. The guy was saying that the Pats get the most complaints every year. I didn't get to hear what was said before tha but that's interesting that they're being complained about every year.

Supposedly, there are a lot of owners that are happy with the punishment NE received. The guy was saying that the Pats get the most complaints every year. I didn't get to hear what was said before tha but that's interesting that they're being complained about every year.

I heard the same thing + also that it's odd more current players haven't popped up and given their support to both the Pats and Brady. Usually in these odd circumstances you see a lot more... but it's been really quiet.

@darrenrovell: NFL Shop now rejects anyone who tries to custom order a Patriots jersey with the words "DEFLATOR" on back

C Chester McFloppy i guess your order is gonna get cancelled

Not even just owners. Dude on I think Houston a year or two ago was "it seems like they know our plays...." after taking an L

Harbaugh suggesting the league "look into" the Pats "illegal" formations

The NFL is hyper competetive. A lot of time, man power, money, etc getting put into thrse games. Sodium levels are running high when you get washed

True but if Kraft goes full heel and goes after Goodell he could put ole Rog in a box. He could get enough owners together to make his life real miserable if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom