NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which team might the new PAT rule affect the most?

None other than NT's favorite... the Browns! They currently have two rookie kickers on their squad. :lol:

Sort of related...

Colts GM requirements: draft and develop talent for your QB while ignoring the rest of the team and maintain as gatekeeper of "THE SHIELD".
When  Polian joined Sirius XM Radio  on Tuesday -- the same day that NFL owners decided to make a change to extra-point attempts for the 2015 season -- he suggested that the reason the Patriots made a proposal to push extra points back to the 15-yard line was because they knew they would benefit more than others from a longer point-after attempt. 

"This was originally, in a different form, proposed by the New England Patriots," Polian said. "The reason they proposed it is obvious. In January, December and even late November, in Northern [climates], Foxboro, Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, Pittsburgh -- well-documented of course in Pittsburgh at the open end of the stadium how difficult it is to kick field goals -- the team from the Northern [climates] that plays and practices in the harsher weather, the old Meadowlands being a prime example of that, has a decided advantage.

"They wouldn't have proposed it if they didn't think it wouldn't help them."
"This is emphasizing the kicking game at the most critical part, when really the longstanding philosophy has been to de-emphasize the kicking game whenever possible," Polian said. "We want touchdowns rather than field goals. Somehow or other, as a traditionalist, as a guy who learned the game at the feet of Paul Brown, Jim Finks and Don Shula, etc., I have a hard time getting my arms around this."

Polian added: "I worry about an AFC or NFC Championship being decided on a missed field goal or a missed extra point from 32 yards in snow, on ice, in January. I think that's a miscarriage of justice, if you will. I would've much preferred to see it stay where it was because I didn't see anything wrong with it."
Old *** fool really has some nerve with this ****. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif
 FOH with your hypocrite self.

The hate and homerism have truly reached peak levels when Ryan Tannehill is now better than Russell Wilson.

[COLOR=#red]
Probably should re-read everything. Everything.

Not once did anyone say that in those few posts.

I'm clearly saying it now though. Tannehill is better than Wilson, has zero to do with homerism.

I'll help, can't make it any more clear...[/COLOR]

For Luck it would be.[COLOR=#red] (a steal)[/COLOR]

Lol exactly... Tannehill at 6/96m is fair and 4/77 would be meh, but 6/96 for Wilson or Luck would be a steal. Of course Wilson & Luck is going to get a lot more than Tannehill...not really a surprise since both are better players.

One of these is not like the other. [COLOR=#red](Hint: He's talking about Luck would be a steal)[/COLOR]

Lol exactly... Tannehill at 6/96m is fair and 4/77 would be meh, but 6/96 for Wilson or Luck would be a steal. Of course Wilson & Luck is going to get a lot more than Tannehill...not really a surprise since both are better players.

One of these is not like the other.

Yeah, Tannehill coulda won 2 Super Bowls in Seattle with Lynch and that defense, and then he'd be the one getting a huge contract, and Russ would be the one dealing with Joe Philbin and "only" 96 million dollars. *shrugs* [COLOR=#red](Seattle has an elite defense + runnng game + coaching staff + front offense... Elite.. The Dolphins don't, swap players and guess what, it's the same results for Seattle)[/COLOR]

I'm still pissed that Kraft just ended up lying down to "protect the shield".

Al davis rolls in his grave :smh:

Polian is my dude but bro we lost all those years up in NE bc our teams got smacked around bc you drafted for finesse high powered offensive teams, thinking we could win every game 42-41.

and each time they lost they pushed for rule changes :rofl:. The "Ty Law" rule :smh:

Last edited:
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini · 22m22 minutes ago
This is news: Geno Smith is the starter, no competition in training camp, per Jets OC Chan Gailey. #nyj

Originally Posted by im that one  

I'm clearly saying it now though. Tannehill is better than Wilson, has zero to do with homerism.

laugh.gif
 truly, you guys manage to live on another planet. 

Ryan Tannehill is like Dan Marino....  fated to suffer when he would be a multiple-time Super Bowl champion if he only had the help.

frown.gif
 it's a sad world we live in.  A sad, unfair world.

Polian is my dude but bro we lost all those years up in NE bc our teams got smacked around bc you drafted for finesse high powered offensive teams, thinking we could win every game 42-41.
What gets me is he used his influence as a competition committee member and gatekeeper of "THE SHIELD" to basically shape the parameters of today's restrictions for defenses + more freedom for offense. And that **** was all so it could benefit HIS team so he could miss me w/ all that, "I learned from Paul Brown, Finks, etc." nonsense.

You knew that already though. +1 
laugh.gif

Just another hypocrite in the league. 
mean.gif

This is news: Geno Smith is the starter, no competition in training camp, per Jets OC Chan Gailey. #nyj

No competition in camp :rofl:

Jets gon Jets.

Edit: Cant be too mad at Kraft IMO. Has to move on sometime . But yeah, he did a 180 :lol:

Last edited:
It isn't just Ryan or Miami.

Andy Dalton could win in Seattle.
Matt Stafford
Alex Smith
Kap
Cam
Matt Ryan
Rivers
Romo

All you have to do is hand off to Lynch and wait for the score to be 29-0 before you start throwing the ball in the Super Bowl. Each of these QB's can do that.

I wasnt aware that those rule changes were a result of the Colts getting manhandled

Interesting

Will Beatty has been pretty bad since his leg injury. Not sure if this hurts us or helps us. I expect the OL to continue to be trash.

No competition in camp :rofl:

Jets gon Jets.

Edit: Cant be too mad at Kraft IMO. Has to move on sometime . But yeah, he did a 180 :lol:

who's gonna give him competition? Petty sure as hell isn't ready to start week 1.

If the Jets want to contend this year, and they have a great defense, why not declare a QB comp for the starting role? Keeps dudes on their feet and gives everyone on the team the feeling that they can break the starting lineup as long as they show out

Handing Gwno the keys just because you picked him in the first round is a bad look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom