NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened the the Around the NFL podcast and the most recent episode is called the Dalton scale. Basically Andy is the measuring stick for mediocre.

In prime time games and playoffs Andy has worse numbers than EJ Manuel.
The idea is that with any QB better than Andy Dalton you have a franchise QB and can look to solve other problems.

With any QB worse than Andy the position is a problem and you need to find a replacement.

Andy lives somewhere in a weird middle zone.

The worst part of it all is that Andy can't even be Alex Smith in primetime. The lights come on and he tenses up like a groundhog that just saw it's shadow. Goes out and plays the worst football of his career... but some random Sunday afternoon game against a decent team? He'll drop 350 yards and 3 TDs.

**** is really bizarre.

Last edited:
rodgers/luck are the only qbs that would be able to match or do better than what russ has done with our o-line and receivers. maybe cam because he's damn good at escaping pressure like russ.

Forgetting a few QBs I think

Last three years Bengals have had SB winning takent. Luckily Andy isn't ready for it. I fear the day he turns it around :frown:

The worst part of it all is that Andy can't even be Alex Smith in primetime. The lights come on and he tenses up like a groundhog that just saw it's shadow. Goes out and plays the worst football of his career... but some random Sunday afternoon game against a decent team? He'll drop 350 yards and 3 TDs.

**** is really bizarre.
His level of consistent inconsistency is truly baffling.  And he has an elite O-Line, some really nice RBs and pass catchers.

So where is Alex Smith on the Dalton scale?

Alex Smith could almost be the scale himself.

Last edited:
Andy had a 2.0 QB rating against Cleveland and a 143.9 rating against New Orleans the next week 
laugh.gif

His level of consistent inconsistency is truly baffling.  And he has an elite O-Line, some really nice RBs and pass catchers.

So where is Alex Smith on the Dalton scale?

Alex Smith could almost be the scale himself.

I have Alex slightly ahead of Andy simply because he has a playoff win and should have beaten that Colts team (had 3-4 passing TDs, like 70% completion percentage, really solid game). He's also played on two different teams and found success on them.

Alex's biggest problem is that he's too afraid to make a mistake. The man simply won't throw the ball farther than 10 yards and will check down every single dropback if he has to. His numbers, completion percentage, and QBR always look good because of this... but the guy won't win you a game on his own. 110 games played, 14 fourth quarter comebacks. :x

Last edited:
To be fair, didnt the Bengals have basically no offensive weapons in this year's playoff game? I believe AJ Green and Gresham were both out :lol:

True but Eifert was out too so they didnt even have a decent backup tight end. Dalton was BAD don't get me wrong but all he had was Sanu and his RBs to try and keep up with the Colts offense

Pagano is getting a pass because of his story

I hate to say it because it was great and got me teary eyed but it's the truth

If I remember correctly that playoff game didn't break open untill the middle of the 3rd.

Not to mention it was the colts defense. An average unit.

Also I think they decided to stop running the ball (heh Marvin).

Pagano is another overrated coach that's getting carried by his franchise QB.

Yu. I said it than and I will say it now

Pagano sucks and if he didn't get sick Arians would be the HC

Ariana is such a perfect fit for luck it's insane.

Meanwhile he's stuck with Carson Palmer... at best

Darrelle Revis could come out and say he financially supported ISIS as a member of the Patriots + expose Tom cheating off the field with another man.

Don't 'eem care and doesn't change my opinion of dude. He'll walk and talk as a Jet now because Woody went all in on him and Bob/BB chose not to engage.

Thank you for your contributions on that 1 year run. Wouldn't have won without you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom