NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think, all Aaron Rodgers had to do was beat Buffalo at the end of the year and he would have wrapped up home field advantage and definitely had been in the Super Bowl. We all know Seattle isn't the same team away from their home field :lol:

If Bostick had let Jordy simply catch the onsides kick...

i39l6jpjcanvzrtbvex5.gif

The Falcons version of Vick would've never had them in the game

He wasn't near the quarterback Russell is

The way Russell plays and Vick played were different

I mean, all you gotta do is hand off, and run the ball the same way, right?

Answer this, what team in NFL history, down 2 scores in a playoff game, with 3-4 minutes left in the game, is handing the ball off to their Running Back?

Answer, the Seattle Seahawks.

Tom, Peyton, Luck, Rodgers, Ben, Rivers, Romo, Montana, Elway, Marino, Favre, etc, handin off down 2 scores with ~4 minutes left in the game?

I think GB would have beat NE too. Would have loved seeing AR get ring number 2 :smokin

The good ol Russell debate. Would love to see that bozo play in Indianapolis for a full season instead of Luck.

If you're referencing the Packers game

The Seahawks passed 5 times and they ran 7 times with 3 runs by RW

Thats 8 of the Seahawks 12 plays with the ball in the quarterbacks hands

I'm not really sure if that's an indictment of RW?

Could those other quarterbacks be involved in the running game like that?

Last edited:
:lol: I don't get the Russell slander

Dude has went to back to back Super Bowls

He has a great passer rating and QBR

An all time great runner at the quarterback position

But some dudes would have you believe he's Trent Dilfer :lol:

Saying RW isn't a top 5 QB = \ = slander

Also doesn't mean he won't develop into one

If you're referencing the Packers game

The Seahawks passed 5 times and they ran 7 times with 3 runs by RW

Thats 8 of the Seahawks 12 plays with the ball in the quarterbacks hands

I'm not really sure if that's an indictment of RW?

Could those other quarterbacks be involved in the running game like that?

Lynch 14 yard run

(again, running the ball with 3:52 left in your season, down 2 scores)

Russ goes 1-2 for 20 yards.

Then the throw to Lynch for 26 that was called a TD, then reversed.

Lynch again running the ball for 4.

Then 2 QB sneaks for the TD. 5 yards.

Lynch had 44 yards on the drive. Russ completed 2 passes, 1 of them to Lynch.

After the onsides, Russ scrambles for 15.

Lynch 3 yard gain before the two minute warning.

Russ throws a short pass for 8.

Lynch to the house for 24 and the TD.

Lynch runs for 27 yards on the drive, and TD to take the lead.

Russ completes one pass.

Down 2 scores, Russ completes 3 passes, one of them to Lynch for 26 yards. Lynch runs for 45 yards on 4 carries. Russ runs for 20 yards on 3 carries. Lynch with 71 total yards on 5 touches.

Down 2 scores, Lynch produces a 14 yard run, a 26 yard catch, and a 24 yard TD to take the lead. Russ completes 3 passes, one being the pass to Lynch.

Lot of QB’s can handle completing 3 passes while the Running Back does the heavy lifting. Especially after throwing 4 INT’s and putting them behind those two scores.
And the whole point of it all, how many defenses in the NFL can absorb their QB throwing 4 INT’s, vs the NFL MVP QB in Aaron Rodgers, and up to that point, hold him to 19 friggin points?

Probably should re-read everything. Everything.

Not once did anyone say that in those few posts.

I'm clearly saying it now though. Tannehill is better than Wilson, has zero to do with homerism.

I'll help, can't make it any more clear...

Tannehill can't throw deep and gets sacked all the time. I'm sure you're going to mention some crap about Incognito and Jonathan Martin but it is what it is. His ceiling is Alex Smith. Game manager at best. Ponder or Cassel by the end of next year.

Wilson's going to get paid the 100 mil he's asking for because it's Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, and Cam after TB, Manning, Brees fizzle out.

I've said this before but I'm sure no one ever reads and already have their minds set.

Romo had Dez, Murray, the best offensive line in the NFL, and underrated weapons like Witten, Terrance Williams, and Urijah Faber/Cole Beasley. Give him the best defense in the world and tell me he's taking Lockette, a guy who didn't have any catches in the regular season, and Doug Baldwin to the Super Bowl. As great as Marshawn is, was Murray worse last season?

Ben has Antonio and Le'Veon and a no huddle offense centered around him. Again give him the best defense and take away arguably the best receiver last year and is he taking Seattle to the SB?

Rivers has no weapons except Gates but that's a QB they were trying to flip for Mariota.

Wilson is the new breed QB that no one respects. He's what RG3 was supposed to be and what Cam shows in flashes. He ran for 200 more yards than Giovanni Bernard and had multiple games like 300 yards passing, 2 tds, 100 yards rushing 1 td. Is that cause of Marshawn or the defense?

At the very least 27 teams would dump their starting QB for Wilson immediately. And to the guy who said Seahawks know what's up and won't pay Wilson-- I will bet you he becomes the highest paid QB in the league before the season starts. There's no way Seattle lets this guy go. I really can't wait for when people start slandering him for having a good TE.

[COLOR=#red]You didn't stick to topic the first time, or answer any direct questions for that matter, I already know you won't do it again. Everything I've said has NEVER been slander to Wilson. I like him as a leader. All my responses have been given, nor do I care to convince you of anything... not my job man. Father time will take care of that. I feel sorry for that elite defense, elite running back, and elite coaching staff/front office. They get NO credit from their own fan base. Craziest thing... [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]1:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]2:[/COLOR]
Great, Russ is gonna get 100 mil.

Like Andy Dalton did. :pimp:

:lol: at can't throw deep and gets sacked all the time. Sounds like an Omar Kelly follower, ala finnnnnnnnnnns

Damn fam dug that topic back up :lol:

:lol:
[COLOR=#red]some of these new dudes just make me laugh. what are ya gonna do, I love this thread.[/COLOR]

I believe it takes time for guys to get to that level

For this stage of his career, he is ahead of where Brady, Brees, Romo and Rodgers were at in this point of their respective careers

I also believe RW helps the Seahawks have an elite running game. Anytime a quarterback contributes almost 2000 yards rushing in 3 seasons you can't really diminish his hand in that

[COLOR=#red]Please stop posting forever.[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Those weren't scrambles or sneaks!

Those are designed plays

If you cant understand that, I don't know what to say to you

The reason why they can run Marshawn that late in game is because of the zone read play....Russell and Marshawn play off each other with that

You act like they are lining up in 21 personnel and saying we are running Marshawn down your throat

Last edited:
So wait...

Now Marshawn needs Russy?

[COLOR=#red]That defense does too. As well as the coaching staff. GM. Owner. Fan Base. Seattle. Olympia. Yakima. Washington. The Pac 12. The West Coast. United States of America. North America. The Western Hemisphere. The Pope. and John Cena.

I'm done with these guys though... Feed the clowns fellas, I never liked the circus.[/COLOR]

@TomPelissero: Ryan Clady's season is officially over. #Broncos put him on injured reserve and made the Ryan Harris signing official.

Fun facts with Russell Wilson:

-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has accounted for more than 300 yards (including rushing) one time. He's 0-1 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has accounted for more than 3 touchdowns (including rushing) twice. He's 1-1 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has thrown the ball 30+ times once. He's 0-1 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has passed for less than 215 yards four times. He's 4-0 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has accounted for 1 touchdown or less three times. He's 3-0 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, Russell Wilson has rushed for less than 40 yards six times. He's 5-1 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, the Seattle Seahawks have given up 24 or fewer points six times. He's 6-0 in those games.
-In 8 playoff games, the Seattle Seahawks have given up more than 24 points twice. He's 0-2 in those games.

That is the end of fun facts with Russell Wilson. Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom