NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm Jenkins:

“Chip has been very, very transparent on what he’s evaluating us on,” Jenkins said. “That’s not only what we do on the field, but what we do in our assessments and how disciplined we are with our nutrition and all the sports science stuff. I haven’t seen him make a move outside of those parameters. I don’t think anybody in the locker room now thinks we have an issue with race.”

Probably should re-read everything. Everything.

Not once did anyone say that in those few posts.

I'm clearly saying it now though. Tannehill is better than Wilson, has zero to do with homerism.

I'll help, can't make it any more clear...

Tannehill can't throw deep and gets sacked all the time. I'm sure you're going to mention some crap about Incognito and Jonathan Martin but it is what it is. His ceiling is Alex Smith. Game manager at best. Ponder or Cassel by the end of next year. 

Wilson's going to get paid the 100 mil he's asking for because it's Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, and Cam after TB, Manning, Brees fizzle out.

I've said this before but I'm sure no one ever reads and already have their minds set.

Romo had Dez, Murray, the best offensive line in the NFL, and underrated weapons like Witten, Terrance Williams, and Urijah Faber/Cole Beasley. Give him the best defense in the world and tell me he's taking Lockette, a guy who didn't have any catches in the regular season, and Doug Baldwin to the Super Bowl. As great as Marshawn is, was Murray worse last season?

Ben has Antonio and Le'Veon and a no huddle offense centered around him. Again give him the best defense and take away arguably the best receiver last year and is he taking Seattle to the SB?

Rivers has no weapons except Gates but that's a QB they were trying to flip for Mariota.

Wilson is the new breed QB that no one respects. He's what RG3 was supposed to be and what Cam shows in flashes. He ran for 200 more yards than Giovanni Bernard and had multiple games like 300 yards passing, 2 tds, 100 yards rushing 1 td. Is that cause of Marshawn or the defense? 

At the very least 27 teams would dump their starting QB for Wilson immediately. And to the guy who said Seahawks know what's up and won't pay Wilson-- I will bet you he becomes the highest paid QB in the league before the season starts. There's no way Seattle lets this guy go. I really can't wait for when people start slandering him for having a good TE.  

can't let it go haha... i'll drop it though, i don't think anyone can convince me otherwise and realize i can't convince anyone else otherwise... and who cares 

Last edited:
Probably should re-read everything. Everything.

Not once did anyone say that in those few posts.

I'm clearly saying it now though. Tannehill is better than Wilson, has zero to do with homerism.

I'll help, can't make it any more clear...

Tannehill can't throw deep and gets sacked all the time. I'm sure you're going to mention some crap about Incognito and Jonathan Martin but it is what it is. His ceiling is Alex Smith. Game manager at best. Ponder or Cassel by the end of next year. 

Wilson's going to get paid the 100 mil he's asking for because it's Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, and Cam after TB, Manning, Brees fizzle out.

I've said this before but I'm sure no one ever reads and already have their minds set.

Romo had Dez, Murray, the best offensive line in the NFL, and underrated weapons like Witten, Terrance Williams, and Urijah Faber/Cole Beasley. Give him the best defense in the world and tell me he's taking Lockette, a guy who didn't have any catches in the regular season, and Doug Baldwin to the Super Bowl. As great as Marshawn is, was Murray worse last season?

Ben has Antonio and Le'Veon and a no huddle offense centered around him. Again give him the best defense and take away arguably the best receiver last year and is he taking Seattle to the SB?

Rivers has no weapons except Gates but that's a QB they were trying to flip for Mariota.

Wilson is the new breed QB that no one respects. He's what RG3 was supposed to be and what Cam shows in flashes. He ran for 200 more yards than Giovanni Bernard and had multiple games like 300 yards passing, 2 tds, 100 yards rushing 1 td. Is that cause of Marshawn or the defense? 

At the very least 27 teams would dump their starting QB for Wilson immediately. And to the guy who said Seahawks know what's up and won't pay Wilson-- I will bet you he becomes the highest paid QB in the league before the season starts. There's no way Seattle lets this guy go. I really can't wait for when people start slandering him for having a good TE.  

View media item 1389500

27 teams would dump their QB immediately for Russell?

I assume the 5 are Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Jimmy Garoppolo, Luck

I have no hate or love towards Russell but Tannehill, Ben, Cam, Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Matt Ryan, Flacco, Eli? I won't include Jameis or MM8

Last edited:
Good look on that 75 AFCC, watched it this morning at my desk. So many good things from that

The rivalry :pimp:
Curt Gowdy broadcasting :pimp:
Seeing a coffin corner punt from Guy :pimp:
Andy Russell everywhere :pimp:
Terry and Ken just firing bombs, INTs everywhere but nobody cares :pimp:
Lack of flags :pimp:
A fight on the field involving a QB and a flag isn't even thrown :lol: :pimp:
Fans on the field while the game is going on :lol:
End Hail Mary caught but short :pimp:

Love me some old, physical football

That was quite the passionate speech about RW up there :lol:

Generally Hawks fans go with the 'he has been great for our team and fits well, no reason to have someone else back there'

Which is perfectly acceptable and a good view

That was quite the passionate speech about RW up there
laugh.gif

Generally Hawks fans go with the 'he has been great for our team and fits well, no reason to have someone else back there'

Which is perfectly acceptable and a good view
There are a wide variety of pretty special statistics out there that show how great Wilson has been during his first three seasons, but those aren't welcome here so we leave those out.

Because he has a good defense and running game.

Great, Russ is gonna get 100 mil.

Like Andy Dalton did. :pimp:

:lol: at can't throw deep and gets sacked all the time. Sounds like an Omar Kelly follower, ala finnnnnnnnnnns

:lol: I don't get the Russell slander

Dude has went to back to back Super Bowls

He has a great passer rating and QBR

An all time great runner at the quarterback position

But some dudes would have you believe he's Trent Dilfer :lol:

It started when a couple of Seahawk fans banged the table that Russ was every bit the QB that Luck is. They were furious at being dismissed, so they grew louder and louder. With each playoff 9 of 18 103 yard performance, they wanted more and more accolades. When they took that 29-0 Super Bowl lead, and Russ still had well under 100 yards passing, and then threw two late touchdowns, they claimed he should have been the Super Bowl MVP.

At that point, every other NFL poster with a brain started to giggle any time his name was brought up.

They try to claim it’s hate, but really we just tryin to even out the actual truth of the matter. He’s a bright young QB, ton of talent, great leader, and in the perfect setup of a team, one that has an elite go to back, and a historic defense to simplify the game for the offense, and what he needs to do.

Luck, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, QB’s like them have the entire franchise built on their backs. What they do, how they play, offense/defense is all predicated on their shoulders. You play Seattle, you have to worry about their defense first, Lynch second, and then Russ.

Some Hawk fans don’t wanna believe that tho. So that is where the divide is among NT.

Tony Romo >>>>>>>>> Russ Wilson, but Romo never had that kind of defense to save his *** when he throws multiple interceptions in a playoff game.

I believe it takes time for guys to get to that level

For this stage of his career, he is ahead of where Brady, Brees, Romo and Rodgers were at in this point of their respective careers

I also believe RW helps the Seahawks have an elite running game. Anytime a quarterback contributes almost 2000 yards rushing in 3 seasons you can't really diminish his hand in that

Last edited:
You can't argue with things that are straight up not facts.  That's why I've stopped participating in these little "discussions".

Can't wait for Ryan Tannehill's breakout season too.

Not facts?

Russ didn't go 9-18 for 103 yards, and still beat Drew Brees?

Russ wasn't up 29-0 vs Peyton Manning before doin a damn thing with his arm?

Russ didn't throw 4 INT's and still beat Aaron Rodgers?

Those aren't facts?

We know why you can't argue with those facts b. Go ahead and deflect tho with the Tannehill quip. I see you. :wink:

Last edited:
To think, all Aaron Rodgers had to do was beat Buffalo at the end of the year and he would have wrapped up home field advantage and definitely had been in the Super Bowl. We all know Seattle isn't the same team away from their home field :lol:

The Falcons version of Vick would've never had them in the game

He wasn't near the quarterback Russell is

The way Russell plays and Vick played were different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom