NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about “bust” but Trey Lance does not throw a nice ball. he gotta work on that and build consistency

I don't put any stock or emotions into any of these sports debate shows. I look at them like WWE. It's just for entertainment.

I don't think Shannon will leave the show but I do see him using this situation as leverage during the next round of contract negotiations.

There’s a lot of reactionary takes when it comes to qb’s. Especially high first round picks when there isn’t immediate results. But unless it’s a Jamarcus Russell, Zach Wilson type situation where it’s clear as day that it’s the qb that’s trash. A lot of times the overreacting is ignoring other factors.

A lot of these organizations where these top pick qb’s go to have been quarterback graveyards for decades. They've ran through multiple top pick qb’s over the last decade or so and fail them each time. They’re expected to be the franchise savior, a few years after the last guy was expected to the the franchise savior and it’s often similar results because the organizations fail them.

Trevor Lawrence was touted as this generational talent qb going into the 2021 draft. And the dumb *** Jags think hiring Urban Myer to be his coach in his rookie year is a good idea. Like what type of **** is that.

I don’t know if Justin Fields is good or not. But I do know the Bears are a proven trash organization who haven’t done him any favors and have historically been an organization that’s failed the quarterbacks they’ve had. Put Justin Fields on a team like Seattle or Carolina this season, and they’re in the mix for a playoff spot.

Fans are so quick to **** on top pick qb’s if they don’t get immediate gratification. I’ve been seeing dumb *** 49ers fans on groups I’m on saying Trey is a bust off of 4 starts, all while they make every excuse in the book for Jimmy Garoppolo. A guy who got hurt once again, got replaced by a 7th round rookie, and the 49ers offense didn’t miss a beat and even managed to get better.

It’s rare you get a guy that shows no type of improvement and flat out stinks. But there’s alot of cases where guys who were expected to be the franchise savior ended up getting drafted to organizations who absolutely failed them.

huh-what.gif

This MF'a spitting..

I don't put any stock or emotions into any of these sports debate shows. I look at them like WWE. It's just for entertainment.
Fax. But some of these hosts are bigger clowns than some of these fake see characters. Everybody now wants to have a “hot take” because they know that means trending/people talking about you, which in turn gets you more notoriety

49ers will be the first team in history to improve with every QB injury

First team to win a superbowl with a 3rd string QB

49ers will be the first team in history to improve with every QB injury

First team to win a superbowl with a 3rd string QB
Eagles won with their 2nd string, AND he won SBMVP.

9ers win it all with their 3rd string?

4th stringers gonna be lining up like 'You never know!' 👀

Ahhhh I see. We have a Bruno Caboclo on our hands. Gotcha. I was mislead.

Gag is JaMarcus had more passing yards and less INTs in his 2nd season with the same amount of games played, in a different NFL 14th years ago….

But go OFF!!

Eagles won with their 2nd string, AND he win SBMVP.

9ers win with their 3rd string?

4th stringers gonna be lining up like 'You never know!' 👀
I think I heard it on Cowherd but this year the league had 60 something different starting QB's which was a record.

The QB position has become increasingly important to the point where backups can't just be clipboard holders or another coach/mentor.

Feels like every team had to go at least a game with another guy.

I think I heard it on Cowherd but this year the league had 60 something different starting QB's which was a record.

The QB position has become increasingly important to the point where backups can't just be clipboard holders or another coach/mentor.

Feels like every team had to go at least a game with another guy.

Yeah every team needs a Matt Moore caliber backup who can go in and win a game if need be

Would you guys be ok with touch football?

Forget figuring out the logistics right now. I'm just curious at a basic level who would be OK with it, and then figure out what that means second.

Me, personally? Absolutely. A million, thousand, hundred percent. You're not getting rid of Tyreke Hill's speed or the accuracy of guys like Payton Manning or the playmaking ability of Patrick Mahomes. Really what you're eliminating with touch football is the obviously the huge danger, and YAC. So guys like Derrick Henry would be very negatively affected.

Just curious.

Would you guys be ok with touch football?

Forget figuring out the logistics right now. I'm just curious at a basic level who would be OK with it, and then figure out what that means second.

Me, personally? Absolutely. A million, thousand, hundred percent. You're not getting rid of Tyreke Hill's speed or the accuracy of guys like Payton Manning or the playmaking ability of Patrick Mahomes. Really what you're eliminating with touch football is the obviously the huge danger, and YAC. So guys like Derrick Henry would be very negatively affected.

Just curious.

Yeah I’d probably bail. Too drastic a change where the game itself isn’t football

Who called Trey Lance a bust?? I think Trey long term is gonna be the best of that class but he hasn't played enough to say anything concrete on him. Where you reading this stuff mane?

I’m a huge 49ers fan. I’ll see Trey getting ****ted on in a bunch of 49ers related social media and group posts. And it’s absolutely ridiculous takes.

The guy started 2 games last season. The starts were over 10 weeks apart and he looked much better the second start. He came in during the 2nd half of week 4 last season against Seattle after Jimmy got hurt and looked ok. He didn’t do much on a limited playbook the following week. He showed improvement when he started again week 17.

This season he started week 1 in absolute trash sloppy pouring rain weather in Chicago. I was at that game and got drenched in the stands. No exaggeration, the weather legit impacted the qb’s ability to do stuff. Then he got hurt in first quarter the following week after putting together a td drive.

Such a limited sample size for various reasons. Plenty of potential, but he needs to stay healthy and deliver and when the time comes. But when I see people label him a bust as if he’s Zach Wilson, it blows my mind how dumb the takes I see online are.

And to be fair and honest. If Brock Purdy continues to play well and get better and the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year, or even so much as come close while Purdy performs well. I’m not opposed to Purdy being the guy moving forward.

At the very least, let them battle it out in training camp. Don’t give Trey any preferential treatment because he was the 3rd pick and so much was invested in him. If he wins the job, he wins it. If Purdy outperforms him. Let Purdy cook. But make it a fair competition either way.

No. I’d probably lose interest
Yeah I’d probably bail. Too drastic a change where the game itself isn’t football
My apologies if either of you have already answered this question elsewhere in the thread, but do you have any ideas for how to make the game more safe, then? This kind of stuff is happening more and more frequently, and it's also happening more and more frequently on plays that weren't really dirty, weren't really a foul or anything, just regular tackles.

No to touch lol

Not much will change. Equipment can adapt.

Maybe call plays dead faster once hit is made.
Maybe enforce/teach real tackling with arms. If don’t with head or shoulders it’s a flag?

No clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom