NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Philly to win so Dallas doesn't get a higher seed and lose to Rodgers in the playoffs. (Even tho they'll most likely lose to Tampa anyway) I can't sit thru another loss to Rodgers

What?! When Trevor was playing ***, he got a pass from EVERYONE in the media.
Furthermore, all of the above QBs above are in way better situations, excluding Mills.
& Mills was taken in the 3rd & never expected to be THE guy like the rest.
Talent wise, the Texans & Bears are legitimately the bottom two teams, and it's not close.
How anyone can watch those two teams and blame their 2nd year QBs is beyond me.
This is when we start getting from the truth.

The talent descrepency between the Jaguars, Pats, Jets, Bears and Texans OFFENSIVELY isn't that different.

David Montgomery had 3 800+ yard season his 1st 3 seasons, including a 1000+ yard one.

Chase Claypool had 2 back to back 800+ yard season his first 2 seasons.

Cole Kmet was 12th in receiving yards & receptions last year for a TE.

All somehow are high career lows this season though?

When you have a QB that can't pass and can't process through a 2nd read and instinct is to run, the offense suffers and the OL looks bad.

Sacks are a QB stat. He had the same number of sacks as he did completions last week.

Bears need help on defense and there's two guys right there. No guarantee Bears or Seahawks trade down

Bears need help on defense and there's two guys right there. No guarantee Bears or Seahawks trade down

feel like they gotta address that oline.. and then focus on receiving talent and then build up that defense

but to be honest I’ve only been looking at the 2 guys you mentioned and CBs.. outside of the QBs and the tcu WR and USC wr (and the WRs are only cause I see the name continuously).. o and that texas RB cause I see him going high

Wentz has an injury guarantee for next season so he definitely wasn’t starting. You have close to 2 seasons of tape on Taylor and he deserves to go into the offseason healthy and get his money here or elsewhere.

Might as well throw the rookie straight into the fire. Either way we better be planning to move up in the draft.

feel like they gotta address that oline.. and then focus on receiving talent and then build up that defense

but to be honest I’ve only been looking at the 2 guys you mentioned and CBs.. outside of the QBs and the tcu WR and USC wr (and the WRs are only cause I see the name continuously).. o and that texas RB cause I see him going high
Could probably get Oline later. You can't pass up BPAs sometimes especially when your need is both anyways

This is all gonna depend on who feels like they need to jump the Colts at #5 for the QB so we'll see. We got a ways to go

Could probably get Oline later. You can't pass up BPAs sometimes especially when your need is both anyways

This is all gonna depend on who feels like they need to jump the Colts at #5 for the QB so we'll see. We got a ways to go

after that bowl game and hell after seeing fields this year, QBs going go 1 and 2

just who moves up to 2

but bears need a whole lot, so them taking the picks and making sure they’re still in the top 10 or low teens is huge

Would you stick with the backup QB that is averaging less than 20 pts a game and went 0-2-1 with multiple turnovers in his last 3 starts with your playoff hopes in the balance?

Taylor, God bless him, is a spot starter at best. He benefitted from the defense playing out of its mind with a struggle offense. That’s not sustainable winning football and our December record showed you that. Taylor had a couple good games offensively but its the same as last season. He gets figured out and crumbles at the end of the season.

Not defending Wentz. He’s done done. But if Taylor was the clear cut better option he would’ve started. Hell Wentz wouldn’t even be here :lol:
I know this situation is easy to monday morning, but yes I would have stuck with Taylor. Jets are losing with Mike white too, and maybe if my backup QB was anybody but Wentz I might have taken a flyer.

I'ts not a straight up match but I compare it to the Jets, White wasn't exactly on fire (1-2) on his return but he's the far superior qb in NY....

This is when we start getting from the truth.

The talent descrepency between the Jaguars, Pats, Jets, Bears and Texans OFFENSIVELY isn't that different.

David Montgomery had 3 800+ yard season his 1st 3 seasons, including a 1000+ yard one.

Chase Claypool had 2 back to back 800+ yard season his first 2 seasons.

Cole Kmet was 12th in receiving yards & receptions last year for a TE.

All somehow are high career lows this season though?

When you have a QB that can't pass and can't process through a 2nd read and instinct is to run, the offense suffers and the OL looks bad.

Sacks are a QB stat. He had the same number of sacks as he did completions last week.

Stop it! You putting extras on it to try to make Fields look bad.
All those career lows are marginal at best with another game to play. Context matters!

David Montgomery is actually averaging MORE yards per carry this year than last year.
His attempt numbers are just down. Is that on Fields? He also has MORE receiving yards this year than last year as well.

Chase Claypool has a career low in games played this season, and was traded mid season. Not to mention, he came from one of, if not THE best organizations in football and playing under Tomlin to a brand new HC.

Kmet had 600 total yards last year. He's basically at 500 this year with one more game to play.

All of this under a brand new 1st year defensive head coach. You're going to tell me getting Lawrence a Super Bowl winning offensive head coach under Pederson didn't matter elevate his progression? Come on :lol: We're not saying Fields is the GOAT, but calling him a bust under this team is crazy.

& sure, there's some sacks that were avoidable this year, but to compare the Bears OL to the Pats or Jags is a JOKE. The Texans too. Do we expect a 5'10 30 year old Brandin Cooks to make Davis Mills better and be a true #1? Texans and Bears are devoid of talent. Especially with the amount of injuries they're dealing with.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce yo just read your post about you similarly having stage 5 kidney issues :wow: hope youre doing well since youre transplant (if i recall correctly).

9EC45954-70BF-474A-8F5F-E265120A04F4.jpeg

He was spittin.

No way contracts don't become fully guaranteed on the next go-round.

Dominique has been on a couple pods addressing these issues

Haven’t actually watched espn.. but I’ve listened to him on couple pods

He had his own and debatable.. but also Mina’s.. and listening to him on Russillo’s pod now

There’s a lot of reactionary takes when it comes to qb’s. Especially high first round picks when there isn’t immediate results. But unless it’s a Jamarcus Russell, Zach Wilson type situation where it’s clear as day that it’s the qb that’s trash. A lot of times the overreacting is ignoring other factors.

A lot of these organizations where these top pick qb’s go to have been quarterback graveyards for decades. They've ran through multiple top pick qb’s over the last decade or so and fail them each time. They’re expected to be the franchise savior, a few years after the last guy was expected to the the franchise savior and it’s often similar results because the organizations fail them.

Trevor Lawrence was touted as this generational talent qb going into the 2021 draft. And the dumb *** Jags think hiring Urban Myer to be his coach in his rookie year is a good idea. Like what type of **** is that.

I don’t know if Justin Fields is good or not. But I do know the Bears are a proven trash organization who haven’t done him any favors and have historically been an organization that’s failed the quarterbacks they’ve had. Put Justin Fields on a team like Seattle or Carolina this season, and they’re in the mix for a playoff spot.

Fans are so quick to **** on top pick qb’s if they don’t get immediate gratification. I’ve been seeing dumb *** 49ers fans on groups I’m on saying Trey is a bust off of 4 starts, all while they make every excuse in the book for Jimmy Garoppolo. A guy who got hurt once again, got replaced by a 7th round rookie, and the 49ers offense didn’t miss a beat and even managed to get better.

It’s rare you get a guy that shows no type of improvement and flat out stinks. But there’s alot of cases where guys who were expected to be the franchise savior ended up getting drafted to organizations who absolutely failed them.

Again we doing with every other QB in his class even Trey Lance. Why does Fields get a pass when his team has been the worst :lol:

Who called Trey Lance a bust?? I think Trey long term is gonna be the best of that class but he hasn't played enough to say anything concrete on him. Where you reading this stuff mane?

I watched a Zach Wilson Jets highlight tape, and the dude clearly has high-end traits.

So much of a QBs success has to do with the situation and personal characteristics.

From a talent perspective, Manziel could've been successful, but he was him.

We've seen guys who had it all (Jamarcus) and still did not succeed.

These things aren't cut and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom