NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, the Bears are a bad franchise?

Imma give push back on that. The Bears may not be perennial contenders, but they a definitely a solid franchise.

In the past 13 seasons (starting in 2010), the Bears have been .500 or better 7 of those 13 seasons. Take the 2 losing seasons Fields has been QB, they have 7 of the past 11 seasons with success.

I know you’ve been on an anti-Justin Fields tirade for the last few days but let’s not bend reality to fit your argument. The Bears are far from a “solid” NFL franchise. Jay Cutler was the best QB they’ve had in the last 40 years. Think about that for a second.

Imma give push back on that. The Bears may not be perennial contenders, but they a definitely a solid franchise.

In the past 13 seasons (starting in 2010), the Bears have been .500 or better 7 of those 13 seasons. Take the 2 losing seasons Fields has been QB, they have 7 of the past 11 seasons with success.

A bad franchise for QBs

I know you’ve been on an anti-Justin Fields tirade for the last few days but let’s not bend reality to fit your argument. The Bears are far from a “solid” NFL franchise. Jay Cutler was the best QB they’ve had in the last 40 years. Think about that for a second.
I get what you're saying but I mean you can do that with multiple franchises. Before Josh Allen, the Bills best QB was Jim Kelly, before Mahomes, it was Alex Smith or Trent Green, Ravens it was Joe Flacco.

I can't judge a franchise based on who your best QB was.

I get what you're saying but I mean you can do that with multiple franchises. Before Josh Allen, the Bills best QB was Jim Kelly, before Mahomes, it was Alex Smith or Trent Green, Ravens it was Joe Flacco.

I can't judge a franchise based on who your best QB was.

Bills were a pitiful franchise in the time period between the Kelly era and this current McDermott/Allen era. The current Bears resemble those Bills.

The Ravens are a model franchise and let's not forget that Flacco was playing at an elite level when they won their most recent super bowl. Bears can't be mentioned in the same breath as the Ravens or Chiefs.

The Bears have an extremely loyal fanbase and play in a huge market that should have no problem attracting key free agents. Despite this, they're in a perpetual rebuild. Seemingly always picking in the top 15. They replace their coaches often. They've never played an inspiring brand of ball. Does that sound like a "solid" franchise to you?

Last edited:

Naw man. Fields HAD to have done something to you in real life.
Ain't no way you hate this man this much. :lol: :lol:

Acting like the Bears aren’t a bad franchise to justify Fields hate is hilarious. They drafted a QB with a FRP last year and literally didn’t pick any skill players in the draft this year. Their front office is directionless.
Again gonna get push back, but neither did the Jags :lol:

Our only skill pick was a 5th round RB that had 12 carries. We drafted defense with our 2 FRP and 3 of our top 4.

Our only skill pick was a 5th round RB that had 12 carries. We drafted defense with our 2 FRP and 3 of our top 4.

Dog, ya'll went out and got Christian Kirk, Evan Engram, Zay Jones, & Treadwell in the off season.
Who did the Bears sign? What weapons did they go get?

Does anyone think the Jags are a good franchise? :lol: Not as strong of a counter point here as you think.

Plus what D StaXX D StaXX said about signings. Darnell Mooney was the Bears leading WR and he hasn’t played since November.

Bears didn't draft a single skill player, and signed Nsimba Webster in the off season.
I don't even know who that is. :lol: Bears ranked dead last in receiver separation stats last time I checked.
Fields has plenty to work on, but again, who is he throwing the ball to?

Bears didn't draft a single skill player, and signed Nsimba Webster in the off season.
I don't even know who that is. :lol: Bears ranked dead last in receiver separation stats last time I checked.
Fields has plenty to work on, but again, who is he throwing the ball to?
They literally drafted a WR in the 3rd and signed 2 of them, one who was their 3rd leading receiver :lol:

While we're on the topic, here are my tiers:

Model franchises:
Chiefs, Packers, Ravens, Steelers

Solid franchises:
Bills, Patriots, Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams

Used to be solid but trending down:
Titans, Bucs, Saints

Trending up:
Jags, Giants, Lions

Mediocre:
Dolphins, Raiders, Broncos, Commanders, Cardinals, Browns, Colts, Falcons

Bad:
Jets, Bears, Texans, Panthers,

It's why bad teams stay bad. Bears should trade back and try to get as many draft picks as possible. Especially after trading a 2nd for Claypool. That alone is a fireable offense.

I agree completely. Trash *** organizations make the same mistakes over and over again and wonder why they suck. I want to say the bears have been owned by the same family for decades so they’re not going to suddenly have a change in philosophy and suddenly learn how to operate correctly.

Model franchises:

Solid franchises:
Bills, Patriots, Bengals, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams

Titans, Bucs, Saints

Trending up:
Jags, Giants, Lions

Mediocre:

Bad:
Browns are definitely bad. No division title in the 20 years they’ve been back.

Browns are definitely bad. No division title in the 20 years they’ve been back.

I was torn on them. Almost put them in the "bad" tier but bumped them up to mediocre because they found their franchise QB and still have a talented roster going into next year.

Model franchises:

Solid franchises:

Titans, Bucs, Saints

Trending up:
Jags, Giants, Lions

Mediocre:

Bad:
What criteria you used for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back