NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know the process. When my cousin got hired for the Lions staff, it was literally an all day interview.

Started at 7:30 and was at the stadium the entire day. They dropped her off at the hotel around 6:30 to freshen up and were continuing the interview over dinner at 7:45 that evening.

i'd love to know it too. what kind of questions, what topics, etc etc

I personally haven't interviewed but from those that have they either a notebook or PowerPoint which outlines their philosophies (offense, defense and special teams), coaching style and who they want or are looking for when it comes to personnel decisions (staff, front office, training, medical, etc).

I personally haven't interviewed but from those that have they either a notebook or PowerPoint which outlines their philosophies (offense, defense and special teams), coaching style and who they want or are looking for when it comes to personnel decisions (staff, front office, training, medical, etc).

Ahhh gotcha. The reason why I asked is because I was curious if each interview was highly specific or if you can get away with a significant amount of re-use.

langfor5 langfor5 I actually had to do EXACTLY what you and g-time g-time described for corporate roles in the past. I hadn't applied externally before at the time so when a companies got back to me for a follow-up in the form of a long *** e-mail talking about all the details that needed to be included in a PowerPoint down to how many slides/minutes per topic and an all-day itinerary of 1-on-1s AFTER a kickoff panel I was just like
BackUnawareEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif

Now that I think about it...how is he even supposed to these interviews in between team activities to get ready for the game?!?! Not to mention he I am imagining he won't have the in-person advantage since he'll need to be in SF with the team :smh:

I can't be mad at an OC or DC taking a HC interview in the middle of a playoff run, you've probably worked multiple years/decades to get this opportunity. best case scenario, Demeco gets that HC job right after his current squad hoists a lombardi.

but damn these teams gotta do better about waiting

Really don't get the continuing fascination over a terrible college and pro coach :lol:

At least with McVay he's actually won before. Kliff failed upwards and was gifted great opportunities at every level and squandered them each time.

I'm sure he's still gonna do well for himself but him living like a bachelor isn't that interesting

Really don't get the continuing fascination over a terrible college and pro coach :lol:

At least with McVay he's actually won before. Kliff failed upwards and was gifted great opportunities at every level and squandered them each time.

I'm sure he's still gonna do well for himself but him living like a bachelor isn't that interesting

*Squinting*

I'ma go'head and disagree with you. I think he's doin alright...

I think I kinda get what you're saying, but I mean....in your own words, he failed upwards. (Agreed)

So as punishment, here's millions of dollars for five years while you stab that chicks guts day and night.

You're not a lil lookin inward at yourself right now? :lol:

White
Male
30 something
Whiz kid/ Offensive “genius”/QB whisperer
Connected to the league through blood/friendships

That’s the formula that teams been rolling with for close to a decade now when it comes to hiring.

Everyone wants a McVay, Shanahan type so they’ve been rolling with that mold.

It’s like when Dirk took that NBA by storm and we saw a run of teams waste picks on euro players because they were 6’10 + and could hit a fadeaway.

There’s also a fascination with a coach that won a Super Bowl 13 years ago that had Drew Brees for an eternity and didn’t do anything else

Sure he’s better than Kliff but I will never understand the fascination with him and how some teams going to potentially overpay and trade picks for him

There’s also a fascination with a coach that won a Super Bowl 13 years ago that had Drew Brees for an eternity and didn’t do anything else

Sure he’s better than Kliff but I will never understand the fascination with him and how some teams going to potentially overpay and trade picks for him
I dunno man, Payton can actually coach :lol:

He's exactly what all these teams idealize when it comes to looking for an 'offensive guru'. He coached the Saints to top 10 offenses every season for 12 years including 9 where they were top 5.

He's revered now the same way that Andy Reid was for a long time before he won, difference is he actually won early on :lol:

That tends to buy you almost endless cache in the league as long as you still wanna coach and aren't falling out with management/FO's.

He's in a different stratosphere to Kliff so I can understand the fawning and thirst over him at least especially given how offense oriented the league is now.

Kliff. :pimp:.

Can't coach for **** but does it matter? Why I hate when dudes get so emotionally invested.

I don't understand what you're getting at here. His profession for some years now has been to been be the head coach for football teams and he has continuously failed....upwards. And he will probably be a HC for at least a major D1 program again and mayybbeeee NFL. Why would it not matter, especially if he is coaching your team?

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
I don't understand what you're getting at here. His profession for some years now has been to been be the head coach for football teams and he has continuously failed....upwards. And he will probably be a HC for at least a major D1 program again and mayybbeeee NFL. Why would it not matter, especially if he is coaching your team?

I get it I'm talking more of a human aspect. The dude has Milions. He left the country basically saying f you to the NFL. He's with a banging girl living his best life. I love it.

It's more of a joke that these leagues overpay the athletes and coaches so much.

So many coaches especially in college getting a bag NOT to coach lol.

It's the best job ever.

Basically yeah I hear you it's sucks that he sucks but at the end of the day who really gives a ****.

I dunno man, Payton can actually coach :lol:

He's exactly what all these teams idealize when it comes to looking for an 'offensive guru'. He coached the Saints to top 10 offenses every season for 12 years including 9 where they were top 5.

He's revered now the same way that Andy Reid was for a long time before he won, difference is he actually won early on :lol:

That tends to buy you almost endless cache in the league as long as you still wanna coach and aren't falling out with management/FO's.

He's in a different stratosphere to Kliff so I can understand the fawning and thirst over him at least especially given how offense oriented the league is now.
Agreed here, IMO there are several teams that would get a huge upgrade signing Payton. No NFL coach is perfect but let's be real.
We also don't really know the TRUE bounty demand for him - we seen this time and time again the media itself drives this king narrative i.e. Jon Gruden.

I get it I'm talking more of a human aspect. The dude has Milions. He left the country basically saying f you to the NFL. He's with a banging girl living his best life. I love it.

It's more of a joke that these leagues overpay the athletes and coaches so much.

So many coaches especially in college getting a bag NOT to coach lol.

It's the best job ever.

Basically yeah I hear you it's sucks that he sucks but at the end of the day who really gives a ****.

I got you now. I agree - it's the greatest finesse of all-time. He's in his 30s and is going to get paid $5-6MM per year to no work through the 2027 season
crying-jordan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom