NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
refs this refs that

Bengals lost cause the oline couldn’t protect joe..again.

At this point I’m comfortable letting key guys go if it means building that oline and relying on cheap/rookies to fill the void of say Higgins, Boyd, etc. burrow can make any receiver look good in that system

I don't think I agree with that.

20230130_115858.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Are the bengals going to be able to run it back? When do they have to start paying their main guys top dollar?
Bengals have the 4th most adjusted cap room this offseason. Extension for Higgins, Burrow and Logan Wilson are on tap, but will have plenty of room to really go for it next year (if ownership chooses to).

Bengals have to start paying guys this offseason I think.. well guy

think burrow is now eligible to be extended

didn’t realize tee higgins was gojng be a free agent.. Figured he would have gotten extended when eligible, which was last year
Tee and Joe are the same year. Not sure why I’ve seen multiple people at this point say he’s going to be a free agent :lol:

refs this refs that

At this point I’m comfortable letting key guys go if it means building that oline and relying on cheap/rookies to fill the void of say Higgins, Boyd, etc. burrow can make any receiver look good in that system

I have to agree about the o line but I reserve judgment knowing that they were down three starters but I was bagging on them all game in the game thread. T0INE T0INE kingkoopa kingkoopa and dacomeup dacomeup know this is true. KC has a solid defense but Joe just needed a little more time that his line seemed incapable of providing. The number of times the o line killed drives was breathtaking. A tie game with 2 minutes to go and the ball in Joe's hands is all you could ask for as a Bengals fan. The o line then proceeded to get Joe sacked, caused the intentional grounding and then it was over. Don't care about what the defense did because they played really great and even without the 15 yd penalty that kick would've been good. Mahomes and that offense are too good to hold them down forever.

refs this refs that

Hell no. Higgins is a legit #1 on most other teams in the league. WR is like the second most important position in football now. AFC championship and Super Bowl appearances in consecutive years despite having a bad OL. The Bengals should be investing in OL and keeping Higgins. Boys is probably gone after next season unless he’s willing to stay on a more team friendly deal.

His Cowboys offenses were top 5-10 for 3 years straight…. That’s not privilege. He got the best out of Dak.

It was just time to part ways. His situation is different
Yea, Cowboys going from Moore to McCarthy calling plays is a step back for them. Why we acting like we haven’t seen McCarthy call plays with a MUCH better QB. Even if Moore doesn’t have the same level of success in LA he definitely earned his stripes.

Tee and Joe are the same year. Not sure why I’ve seen multiple people at this point say he’s going to be a free agent :lol:

Yea he has a year left on his deal.. my bad

But I know he’s eligible for his extension.. not sure on joe.. since that’s the advantage of my a 2nd rounder.. you’re eligible to be extended earlier, least I think

Don't they still have to pay Chase though? They're going to be able to sign all those guys to extensions AND add/sign Oline guys? Higgins may be the one that leaves. Like you said, he's a legit number 1 on plenty of other teams.

Yea he has a year left on his deal.. my bad

But I know he’s eligible for his extension.. not sure on joe.. since that’s the advantage of my a 2nd rounder.. you’re eligible to be extended earlier, least I think
Both of them are extension eligible and will be handled this offseason I’d bet.
Don't they still have to pay Chase though? They're going to be able to sign all those guys to extensions AND add/sign Oline guys? Higgins may be the one that leaves. Like you said, he's a legit number 1 on plenty of other teams.
The extensions won’t even kick in until 2024. Higgins isn’t in “reset the market” extension territory. The Bengals can make it work for sure. LG and RT are the spots that they need to upgrade. Cappa and Jonah Williams will be back next season. The OL wasn’t a problem until losing 3 starters later in the season. I know it looked bad yesterday but there was a stretch where the team was getting good OL play while everyone was healthy. They didn’t run off 10 straight Ws and have a top 5 most efficient run game behind a bad OL. People hanging on last year’s narrative. With that said, they def should be looking to upgrade whether it’s in FA or the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom