NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers.gif

The Dallas Darkness... who says no

Feel that'd be a terrible move for him career wise but if he believes in himself enough to think he can succeed without a QB in DC then more power to him
I’d say its a 80/20 split in terms of leaving for higher pay and career aspirations. He’s 0-17 in his HC pursuit and if a 2nd SB ring with a potent offense hasn’t changed the league’s collective mind I don’t know what will at this point.

Rumor is he’ll make 2.5mil per season, up from his (again) rumored 600k salary in KC. If he can’t get a HC job might as well get paid as an OC. And if he does work wonders with this offense then he’ll have successfully broken out of Reid’s shadow and may get some quality looks.

Bingo. Whether Riverboat gets fired or new ownership comes in and cleans house EB can firmly put himself in the drivers seat for the HC spot.
When's the last time an assistant coach supplanted the HC that hired them? I'm not talking interim HC title, but actually got the permanent job. Don't think it happens too often but I could be wrong.

For Rivera to get fired the team has to underperform which generally leads to the whole staff being let go. EB could be interviewed for the opening but again, he's 0-17 in HC interviews. Why would ownership view him any differently if the team struggled to the point of the HC being fired? Unless he makes Howell look like Mahomes 2.0 he'd be back at square 1.

When's the last time an assistant coach supplanted the HC that hired them? I'm not talking interim HC title, but actually got the permanent job. Don't think it happens too often but I could be wrong.

For Rivera to get fired the team has to underperform which generally leads to the whole staff being let go. EB could be interviewed for the opening but again, he's 0-17 in HC interviews. Why would ownership view him any differently if the team struggled to the point of the HC being fired? Unless he makes Howell look like Mahomes 2.0 he'd be back at square 1.
If EB doesn’t have that offense humming he won’t get a head coaching job there or anywhere. This is classic high risk high reward situation for EB. No matter what happens if the offense looks mediocre or bad people will say that Andy Reid made him. Even though Andy has had way more talent on offense for his entire career than what's on that Washington squad. If EB turns the offense around he will get multiple job offers.

Lame move. To me, if it’s such a cheat code play that it needs to be legislated out why can’t other teams execute it to that high of a level. And I’ve even seen some people say arguments like it don’t take skill boring to see it’s not football. That’s not football but a QB throwing a ball to a receivers feet with no intention of making a play just to escape a sack is football? If we legislating stuff out that’s boring to watch expand intentional grounding to flag QBs for that lame **** always hated it :lol:

Only argument I kinda get is the QB safety thing but no one forcing a team that runs that play to use the QB

If they do this it’s gonna be so much fun for refs to take 5 minutes to determine if there was a “tush push” or not and what constitutes that :lol:

My issue is dudes making rugby comparisons as an insult not fully appreciating the level of skill in that game

Took me a while to adjust to rugby from football.. but it was because of the inability to block down field

My instincts were to either run down field and start blocking or whenever I had the ball to run to my blockers

But it would seem odd to add a rule just for the specific situation given it happens elsewhere on the field at other points

Also what happens on the defensive side where pushing in the back happens as well

I’m not overly concerned because the eagles invest in the Oline and have, as is often mentioned, a QB who can squat a hell of alot

If anything I always thought the eagles would be better off spreading teams out AND then sneaking it.. removing bodies that could clog the middle.. and then if they don’t cover guys, you throw it

The best sneak play to me is when you motion a skill guy under center and use them to sneak it.. so you spread everyone out and then motion the guy under center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom