NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a convo with him is literally like talking to a brick wall

It's really not. I just flat out explained what his options look like. You guys are all "you're an idiot CP, not a serious question blah blah blah".

The 9ers need a QB.
The 9ers have an elite roster.

He costs them no draft picks.
He needs a job.
He's lived in the area for heavens sakes.

But he'd have to take a lil less money and I'MMMM the one being unreasonable? :lol:

So......QB money/roster building must be a thing then. Well, I hope he gets his 40 mil and enjoys NY or New Orleans and never sniffs a playoff win in his career. No other opportunities exist for him I guess. *Shrugs*

I could see Carr as a guy taking less, but because he missed out on $40 million by getting waived, he's probably hoping to recoup that.

25 mil and a chance to get to a SB......couldn't he recoup that 15 by winning?

I'm not a Carr fan, but wouldn't he be an upgrade for SF? (In theory)

If he went to SF and they get the SB win and his name joins Montana and Young, and he was the move to get them over the hump.....he'd be able to cash in on that, right? Endorsements, another team, whatever.

Maybe SF don't even want him, I dunno, but he should be outside their facility begging for their job.

25 mil and a chance to get to a SB......couldn't he recoup that 15 by winning?

I'm not a Carr fan, but wouldn't he be an upgrade for SF? (In theory)

If he went to SF and they get the SB win and his name joins Montana and Young, and he was the move to get them over the hump.....he'd be able to cash in on that, right? Endorsements, another team, whatever.

Maybe SF don't even want him, I dunno, but he should be outside their facility begging for their job.
first ballot HOFer’s dont beg for jobs…

971B6B5A-7A84-41CC-AB6F-E45564F32294.gif

7CEF1479-5F24-42A6-9CA6-6B84AAEA14AF.gif

It's really not. I just flat out explained what his options look like. You guys are all "you're an idiot CP, not a serious question blah blah blah".

The 9ers need a QB.
The 9ers have an elite roster.

He costs them no draft picks.
He needs a job.
He's lived in the area for heavens sakes.

But he'd have to take a lil less money and I'MMMM the one being unreasonable? :lol:

So......QB money/roster building must be a thing then. Well, I hope he gets his 40 mil and enjoys NY or New Orleans and never sniffs a playoff win in his career. No other opportunities exist for him I guess. *Shrugs*
When did 15 mill PER YEAR less become a little less money. Again, you’re being intentionally obtuse and also saying things that no one has come close to saying. “No other opportunities exist for him I guess”. Like, you can’t even have a good faith conversation

When did 15 mill PER YEAR less become a little less money. Again, you’re being intentionally obtuse and also saying things that no one has come close to saying. “No other opportunities exist for him I guess”. Like, you can’t even have a good faith conversation
the argument is winning > money.

But lets be real...this will be his last big contract...he's not going to devalue his compensation by like 30-40% on his last big contract.

This is a good faith Convo. Stop being emotional.

I never once said he has no other opportunities. I have mentioned the Jets/Saints multiple times. He'd be rich. And never win a thing.

In SF he'd be rich. (Less rich tho) and have a legit shot at a SB. In an area he's already lived in.

But it's some travesty to take that chance?

Jets, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Texans, Colts, maybe Titans.

Or you could take less and play for a Top 3 NFL roster.

Easy choice imo. But whatev, "market value" means more I guess.

I think I’m actually gonna be rooting for denver next season 😖

Still My Rams, My Chiefs tho

But lets be real...this will be his last big contract...he's not going to devalue his compensation by like 30-40% on his last big contract.
Exactly, so it’s a nonsensical argument. What are we saying here?

Why does it have to be his last big contract?

Could he not do a 2/50 (betting on himself) maybe win a SB, then cash out for 5/200 in two years? (With another team I'm guessing)

This is a good faith Convo. Stop being emotional.

I never once said he has no other opportunities. I have mentioned the Jets/Saints multiple times. He'd be rich. And never win a thing.

In SF he'd be rich. (Less rich tho) and have a legit shot at a SB. In an area he's already lived in.

But it's some travesty to take that chance?

Jets, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Texans, Colts, maybe Titans.

Or you could take less and play for a Top 3 NFL roster.

Easy choice imo. But whatev, "market value" means more I guess.
You accusing me of being emotional is rich :lol:

You’re assuming that 1) Shannahan is even interested in him and 2) winning to him is more important than maxing out his earnings. Hate to break it to you, most of these guys would rather max out their earnings. As do most people who work jobs in our society whose careers have a limited shelf life. Sounds good in the storytelling to talk about how much money he turned down to be on a contender though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom