NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You accusing me of being emotional is rich :lol:

You’re assuming that 1) Shannahan is even interested in him and 2) winning to him is more important than maxing out his earnings. Hate to break it to you, most of these guys would rather max out their earnings. As do most people who work jobs in our society whose careers have a limited shelf life. Sounds good in the story telling to talk about how much money he turned down to be on a contender though!

I agreed, I don't even know if Shanny likes him like that. But gotta kick those tires, no?

I also agree most would rather max out money than winning. That's exactly why one guy won more than everyone else :wink:

Why does it have to be his last big contract?

Could he not do a 2/50 (betting on himself) maybe win a SB, then cash out for 5/200 in two years? (With another team I'm guessing)
Because he’s a slightly above average NFL QB. We’ve seen him with a supposed QB friendly coach, an elite WR and great RB, now you’re saying going to Shanny and that roster is going to get him paid? People understand who Derek Carr is at this stage. Outside of the Jets, apparently, who want him to believe they can turn him into a first ballot HoFer

Because he’s a slightly above average NFL QB. We’ve seen him with a supposed QB friendly coach, an elite WR and great RB, now you’re saying going to Shanny and that roster is going to get him paid? People understand who Derek Carr is at this stage. Outside of the Jets, apparently, who want him to believe they can turn him into a first ballot HoFer

In theory, he'd be an upgrade for SF, right?

And his bet would be, he never had the defense SF has in Oak/Vegas AND he'd be out of the AFC gauntlet.

Would SF with Carr not be the favorite in the NFC in 2023? (We'd need to see how Philly's off-season goes of course)

I agreed, I don't even know if Shanny likes him like that. But gotta kick those tires, no?

I also agree most would rather max out money than winning. That's exactly why one guy won more than everyone else :wink:
Yea, he should be begging to be the starting QB of a place that seemingly isn’t interested in him and to take a 38% paycut because Tom Brady did it and had the greatest run of all time. That’s it, I’m convinced. You’re right!

Yea, he should be begging to be the starting QB of a place that seemingly isn’t interested in him and to take a 38% paycut because Tom Brady did it and had the greatest run of all time. That’s it, I’m convinced. You’re right!

No, he should beg for that job cuz the Niners roster is LOADED and they have an opening at QB near his former home in a more winnable division/conference......

In theory, he'd be an upgrade for SF, right?

And his bet would be, he never had the defense SF has in Oak/Vegas AND he'd be out of the AFC gauntlet.

Would SF with Carr not be the favorite in the NFC in 2023? (We'd need to see how Philly's off-season goes of course)
How much of an upgrade? Derek Carr just isn’t that good, IMO. He’s not much better than Jimmy.

You answered the second question right after you asked it. I’m not convinced that they’d be the favorite.

How much of an upgrade? Derek Carr just isn’t that good, IMO. He’s not much better than Jimmy.

You answered the second question right after you asked it. I’m not convinced that they’d be the favorite.

Hopefully you know I'm not a Carr guy either. :lol:

But if faced with 40 mil to play with the Jets (or Saints, Falcons, Panthers etc) across country and not even win the division
Or
25 mil to play with SF near home and be a Top 2 team in the conference.....

Oddsmakers got SF has the NFC favs rn with an unknown at qb lol

Full season with CMac and a stacked roster

sass2.png

Kyle Shanahan has proven year after year that he could get outcoached in the playoffs with any QB under center.

Why would they even want to pay Carr big money?

Purdy won't be healthy (maybe by mid season he will be)
Lance is still a huge unknown and comin off his own injury.

Jimmy was around 28-29 mil in 2021, 25 for Carr in 2023 is doable I'd think.

but yea, hopefully he brings some professionalism to the franchise…

while I dont wish the things that happened to people employed by the team or the continued disrespect of Sean Taylor

I will miss snyder‘s incompetence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom