NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather have Kirk than what I think Trey would be into the future.

I’d rather have Kirk than what I think Trey would be into the future.
Makes me nervous to be honest.

You’ve had him for 3 years yet we always hear about other QBs.

Hell, if he was who you’d hope he was, he should’ve beat Jimmy out his rookie year tbh.

If I’m the Vikings I don’t do it.

Kirk may not be Mahomes but you know without a doubt he’s a top 10 ish QB.

You don’t know what Trey is.

Exactly, even if Kirk is anywhere from 10-14 all your thoughts are the same as mine.

Justin jefferson ain’t even 24

Kirk is going be 35 in august, if you can get something decent I feel like this the chance.. tear the team and rebuild

trey don’t stop you from drafting someone else but if he’s good you still got couple years with dude under 25

I would argue we can’t waste Jefferson from age 24 to 28 so that’s why you ‘can’t’ take a chance on Lance and sacrifice Kirk in the process, potentially saddling JJ with a potentially terrible or average QB in JJ’s prime. Because we’re talking about needing Lance immediately next year then.

Even though I want to go defense in Round 1 this year, I’m fine with them taking Hooker though, because then you sit him behind Kirk & you have potentially someone good to go to after Kirk.

Trade for Trey, draft Hooker. The Vikings need at least another season for Flores to get that defense to a contending level anyway. I feel like it's a solid plan, though I'm not high on Lance. They could use that extra dough as well. Need to get younger and need a lot of personnel. Oline is almost set tho and you got a bona fide #1 WR, which gives the O a head start.

That would be better than trading Kirk for Lance and then just solely putting all your stock in Lance. Still prefer Kirk/Hooker to it.

Trade for Trey, draft Hooker. The Vikings need at least another season for Flores to get that defense to a contending level anyway. I feel like it's a solid plan, though I'm not high on Lance. They could use that extra dough as well. Need to get younger and need a lot. Oline is almost set tho and you got a bona fide #1 WR, which gives the O a head start.

even with Kirk how far you think y’all getting.. just seems like yall turning over the roster

might as well gamble for a year and grab the real dude in ‘24 draft

The defense kept putting us behind all year, forcing our v good offense to come back or score 30-35 to win. Our ceiling is based on our terrible D right now, I didn’t see anything that tells me Kirk’s going to start or close to falling off next year at some point.

We need that defensive reset and if it happens in the next two years we have both sides of the ball hummin

If the Vikings were ready to realistically make a SB run, I would agree and prefer Kirk. Kirk makes that offense much better right now, but at what opportunity cost? Go 9-8, WC at most. I'd rather strive for that as a goal with Lance and if you fall short, higher draft pick.

I'm anti-tank...but looking at it pragmatically, it's more of a discovery process. Low risk/high reward possibilities.

That’s another thing. Where are we getting the money for Kirk from?

Lynch and Shannahan made their bed. Roll with Trey. See what he’s got. If he’s terrible, Purdy should be ready to go a month or two into the season.

This roster has made multiple deep playoff runs with mediocre QB play.

was with you til the hooker part

Dude already 25

Idc about that. I think he might be the best in this class and he's ready now. Plus you'd have Trey in the wings...or vice versa. QBs these days will consistently be pushing 38-40 years old as starters. Gives you probably 5-8 prime years. More than enough of a window to do something.

Unless you’re saying Hooker did what he did this past year in the SEC because he was so much older than everyone at that point,

Age doesn’t matter to me. Brandon Weeden sucked because he sucked, not because he was like 25-26 when drafted. It’s like when NBA teams want to draft the 19 year old, and give up on him at 23 for him to then get good at 25, meanwhile the old man Kemba will ball for you for 10 years despite being 22 when drafted.

if the Vikings trade Cousins pre June 1st they save about $18 mil in cap space. They’re currently last in the league with $993,361 in cap space available. They also need to extend JJ next offseason no?

Yup. They need $ in a bad way. I don't think Cook is around either.

Can’t win a SB with cousins but think they can with Lance? :lol: Hooker would be a far better project than Lance

Lance was just another combine hype created QB who isn’t going to pan out. Same with Malik Willis that everyone hyped up and my titans drafted. Dude can’t even throw a forward pass :smh:

One day folks will stop being wowed by combine results covering up for actually being able to play the position

if the Vikings trade Cousins pre June 1st they save about $18 mil in cap space. They’re currently last in the league with $993,361 in cap space available. They also need to extend JJ next offseason no?
Oh, if this is the case I want a pick from them too. Sounds like the precipice of cap hell.

Honestly feel bad for Trey.

He’s been rag dolled career wise.

Don’t want Cousins though. I’d imagine this is a one year type of situation to give Purdy all the time he needs to get back.

That’s the type of move that gets everyone fired if it doesn’t work out.
why you feel bad for?

Trey just another qb taking too high…he’s clearly booty cheeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom