NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm high on QBs that get better each year. He isn't solely reliant on his athleticism and can throw from the pocket efficiently (70% completion percentage). He's smart with the football (great decision maker)...58:5 TD to INT ratio in 2 seasons at Tennessee...68 TDs if you count rushing. It doesn't hurt that he carved up SEC defenses. He's apparently receptive to coaching, so in the right system with the right coach, I believe he continues to progress and has a solid NFL career.
He regressed in year 2 at VT for sure. That’s why he transferred. I get the point overall. Just not sure if I’d be comfortable drafting him in R1

He regressed in year 2 at VT for sure. That’s why he transferred. I get the point overall. Just not sure if I’d be comfortable drafting him in R1

I think the idea looks better if, in fact, they do trade Cuzzo for Lance. A nice little competition and hopefully 1 of them hits.

Washington just went from having a bad team owner to a mediocre team owner.
1681470758342.gif

After the OBJ deal it appears the DeAndre Hopkins to Ravens rumors are heating back up again. Seems like the biggest obstacle is his current contract. Arizona would have to restructure and trade or Baltimore could make it work if they signed Lamar, favorably structured his deal to accommodate this move, trade for DHop then restructure.

It is definitely wishful thinking but it really isn’t out of the realm of possibility. I would have to think it is one of his preferred landing spots in a trade too.

isnt he like 25?

Could it be said that maybe he’s peaked. You better be cooking if you 3 yers older than everyone.

Had a few friends play pop Warner 12 y.o as freshman’s. Looked like NFL street lmao.

Age really doesn’t matter for QBs. Unless you’re like 29 or 32 like Chris Weinke or Brandon Weeden. :lol:

You can be a rookie at 24/25 (at QB) and have a solid 10-15 year career.

Russell Wilson was 24 and Burrow 24, and Wentz I believe were all 23 and turned 24 during their rookie seasons.

Age really doesn’t matter for QBs. Unless you’re like 29 or 32 like Chris Weinke or Brandon Weeden. :lol:

You can be a rookie at 24/25 (at QB) and have a solid 10-15 year career.

Russell Wilson was 24 and Burrow 24, and Wentz I believe were all 23 and turned 24 during their rookie seasons.

depends on the guy and your scouting/coaching.. but by 25 you’re obviously closer to being a finished product

with wentz for example, like with cam, he needed to work on his footwork and decision making.. both still got the same issues.. wentz actually used his lower body to throw but was too stubborn to stick with what worked and what was clearly being taught to him.. cause it wasn’t hard to see for us just watching the games on regular tv, don’t set your feet properly and the ball is going sail on you

but both Wilson and burrow came in and had success early

something that should be mentioned with hurts and josh Allen, both were at least 3 seasons deep before hitting 25.. obviously work ethic is huge but clearly they had that window to also develop

but with the rookie contracts top guys are getting backup QB money soo pretty much almost everyone gotta show results right away

Man... I know this ain't new but this just puts it all into perspective again :sick: :lol:

In 1999, Dan Snyder bought Washington’s NFL team ($800 million), taking control of one of the league’s oldest, most popular, and (at the time) most successful franchises. Over the next 24 years, he ran that team into the ground through personal meddling in the on-field product, an outwardly hostile relationship with local fans and media, a penny-pinching approach to management, and a series of high-profile off-field scandals. He was a bad businessperson and was particularly bad at the business of football. Washington had won three Super Bowls in the 20 years before Snyder took over; it won two playoff games in his 24 years in charge.

For his failures, Snyder will receive $6 billion.

Chase Young being top 10 from his class is crazy. Missed almost half the games in his career and was on pace for a whopping 2 sacks the season he got hurt. I’m rooting for the guy but it remains to be seen.
I think they only grade based on the games played. I don’t think he gets donuts factored in to the rating. So it makes sense.

It’s like the NBA. Someone can have more total points than you but as long as you played enough games and have the highest average you're the scoring champ.

Chase is a beast when he’s healthy. Fingers crossed he can stay that way.

Last edited:
I think they only grade based on the games played. I don’t think he gets donuts factored in to the rating. So it makes sense.

It’s like the NBA. Someone can have more total points than you but as long as you played enough games and have the highest average your the scoring champ.

Chase is a beast when he’s healthy. Fingers crashed he can stay that way.
The Bosa bros are beasts. Parsons is a beast. T.J. Watt is a beast.

Chase Young is NOT a beast and hasn’t lived up to his draft stock. I’ve watched damn near every snap of his pro career. Rookie year was promising, 2nd year he stayed running past the QB. It was infuriating. So maybe he got a good win rate for his PFF grade but he wasn’t impacting the play at all…

Great thread. I’m glad to see the data back it up because I’ve been disgusted at the idea of the Bengals drafting a TE round 1 :lol:. High bust rate and unless you have an elite one it just doesn’t impact the game enough IMO. Stick to OT-WR-QB-CB-EDGE as premium picks and the occasional no brainer/game wrecker IDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom