NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard or read somewhere that Snyder will not clear anywhere near 6 billion because of how much debt the man has amassed thru his tenure.

Great thread. I’m glad to see the data back it up because I’ve been disgusted at the idea of the Bengals drafting a TE round 1 :lol:. High bust rate and unless you have an elite one it just doesn’t impact the game enough IMO. Stick to OT-WR-QB-CB-EDGE as premium picks and the occasional no brainer/game wrecker IDL.

Mostly agree.

I think you’re fine to take a running back in the first round as long as it’s not too high of a pick and most of your team is already solid. For example, if Robinson falls to the Cowboys, they’ve got to take him. Don’t resign RBs for big money though.

Tight end on the other hand, I am in full agreement with. There doesn’t seem to be nearly as much talent at the tight end position as there is with other positions. Other than 4 to 6 guys, everyone else is pretty much meh.

I am assuming that there’s not much focus on kids, playing tight end and harnessing the position specific skills at a young age. Compared to, let’s say, quarterback, or wide receiver, where we know that by the time a kid enters college they’ve probably been playing those positions for 7-8 years.

TEs seem to be converted from other positions like slow WRs or DE’s/LB. Hell, Kelce was a QB :lol:

I heard or read somewhere that Snyder will not clear anywhere near 6 billion because of how much debt the man has amassed thru his tenure.
The rumored number is he has 1 bil in debt. Most of that is from the loan he got from the NFL to buy out the previous minority owners to gain full ownership.

Mostly agree.

I think you’re fine to take a running back in the first round as long as it’s not too high of a pick and most of your team is already solid. For example, if Robinson falls to the Cowboys, they’ve got to take him. Don’t resign RBs for big money though.

Tight end on the other hand, I am in full agreement with. There doesn’t seem to be nearly as much talent at the tight end position as there is with other positions. Other than 4 to 6 guys, everyone else is pretty much meh.

I am assuming that there’s not much focus on kids, playing tight end and harnessing the position specific skills at a young age. Compared to, let’s say, quarterback, or wide receiver, where we know that by the time a kid enters college they’ve probably been playing those positions for 7-8 years.

TEs seem to be converted from other positions like slow WRs or DE’s/LB. Hell, Kelce was a QB :lol:

it‘s 2 different problems with RB vs TE

with RB it get demonstrated on a yearly basis that once you have a solid oline you can get production right away from guys outside of the 1st or elsewhere.. especially if you have a running threat at QB

with TE it’s the success rate of draft the guy.. it’s such a technical position.. and seemingly all the guys who have really hit have been outside the 1st guys and the 2nd contract ain’t a problem.. could just think of all the top guys in the last 20 years and how many have been drafted in the 1st vs those guys who been drafted top 10 or in the 1st on a whole

with RB for me it depends on how good of a WR that guy is and adding that dimension to your offense on top of his running ability

Mostly agree.

I don’t think the Cowboys have to take Bijon. Deep RB draft and they can definitely fill other wholes. It’s just not a smart use of a premium pick.

it‘s 2 different problems with RB vs TE

with RB it get demonstrated on a yearly basis that once you have a solid oline you can get production right away from guys outside of the 1st or elsewhere.. especially if you have a running threat at QB

with TE it’s the success rate of draft the guy.. it’s such a technical position.. and seemingly all the guys who have really hit have been outside the 1st guys and the 2nd contract ain’t a problem.. could just think of all the top guys in the last 20 years and how many have been drafted in the 1st vs those guys who been drafted top 10 or in the 1st on a whole

with RB for me it depends on how good of a WR that guy is and adding that dimension to your offense on top of his running ability
“Have to” might be strong words, but I don’t see why not.

Getting him means you don’t have to resign Pollard for the top money he’s looking for and you get a potential top 10 RB on a rookie scale.

Sounds about right for Tight End.

Kelce: 3rd
Kittle: 5th
Andrews: 3rd

Those are pretty much the consensus top TEs.

Even when you throw in Hockenson, Goedert and let’s say Pitts, two of them are firsts, one of which got traded and the other is wasting away

“Have to” might be strong words, but I don’t see why not.

Getting him means you don’t have to resign Pollard for the top money he’s looking for and you get a potential top 10 RB on a rookie scale.

Sounds about right for Tight End.

Kelce: 3rd
Kittle: 5th
Andrews: 3rd

Those are pretty much the consensus top TEs.

Even when you throw in Hockenson, Goedert and let’s say Pitts, two of them are firsts, one of which got traded and the other is wasting away

Draft is deep at RB beyond bijan and he might be only guy who goes in 1st

Waller was a 6th rounder.. gronk 2nd.. ertz 2nd

I’m team beef up the oline, which Dallas should do over going RB in the first.. hell even with us knowing the guy probably doesn’t play for a year or 2, I’d rather have that guy ready in case lane gets injured and get a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.. especially knowing lane probably got max 2 years plus he’ll miss couple games

Don’t get me wrong, bijan nice as hell.. but I’d rather lock down something solid (oline, pass rusher or CB) then if he drops move up from 30

4th overall was wild with all the needs.

In retrospect, 4th was insane for a TE.

IMO if you’re up that high you gotta pick a QB if there’s a viable one. It’s too high of a pick to squander and if you can hit on a top 20 guy it’s a steal.

Other than QB I’d take a blue chip defensive linemen, offensive tackle or corner.

Other than that trade me outta there cause I’m not taking a RB or TE.

Last edited:
Cowboys don’t need to be drafting a RB or TE in the 1st

I hope they do, but I’m an eagles fan

I want that DT from Pitt, Bijan or a S, EDGE, or interior D-Lineman.

No matter what we do, we still have Dak. Smh. We not going anywhere with Dak at QB

I want that DT from Pitt, Bijan or a S, EDGE, or interior D-Lineman.

No matter what we do, we still have Dak. Smh. We not going anywhere with Dak at QB

where yall are, those guys make sense.. safety from bama included

i wouldn’t mind moving up from 30 for 1 of those guys.. but I’d still rather pull that move for say the CB out of maryland or the DE out of northwestern or the tackle out of Georgia (although ive seen he could go super high because of his athleticism)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom