NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the “good” RBs nowadays are multi-dimensional. McCaffrey, Saquon, Kamara, etc usually catch, run AND pass protect but hey, they’re not needed.

Dalvin, Chubb and Henry also are decent pass catchers.

Bijan Robinson went top 10 because he can catch.

People say the Patriots didn’t need a RB but White was a RB who was lethal in the passing game and a great blocker.

The NFL “doesn’t need” RBs anymore until it’s time to pay.

No team will ever run an empty set, why? Because you NEED a good RB in pass protection.

That’s why Leveon Bell held out. People talk about RBs being limited, but never watch tape of them pass protecting or catching passes out the backfield :lol: :lol:
Never said you don’t need them.

RBs are obviously pivotal to the game.

What I am saying is that there’s not much reason to cash out a RB when you can simulate that production across 2-3 lower round guys.

Never said you don’t need them.

RBs are obviously pivotal to the game.

What I am saying is that there’s not much reason to cash out a RB when you can simulate that production across 2-3 lower round guys.

Until… that 2nd or 3rd rounder turns out to be Kamara, Chubb or D. Henry who all were drafted 2nd round and after :lol: :lol:

Until… that 2nd or 3rd rounder turns out to be Kamara, Chubb or D. Henry who all were drafted 2nd round and after :lol: :lol:
Fax

Then don’t sign em and run it back.

Every year there’s an undrafted late round draft pick that looks awesome. I’m not paying that kind of cash if I don’t have to.

When’s the last we can say a single RB (along with the O-Line of course) was a top 2-3 reason a team won a Super Bowl?

We’d have to go back 10-15 years to see that consistently.

Fax

Every year there’s an undrafted late round draft pick that looks awesome. I’m not paying that kind of cash if I don’t have to.

When’s the last we can say a single RB (along with the O-Line of course) was a top 2-3 reason a team won a Super Bowl?

Maybe back to the giants 2008. Maybe Pittsburgh before that in 2006.

Fax

Seahawks with Marshawn

He said lead them to a title. Ravens scored by passing touchdown or kickoff return in that Super Bowl. Wasn’t Blount bounced the next season? New England didn’t exactly fight to keep him around.

He said lead them to a title. Ravens scored by passing touchdown or kickoff return in that Super Bowl. Wasn’t Blount bounced the next season? New England didn’t exactly fight to keep him around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: here ya’ll go

:rofl:

So 18 TDs…. 10 TDs… 1100+ yards ain’t contributing? I guess their regular season stats don’t have any bearing on the getting to the big dance :lol:

Wasn’t Blount bounced the next season? New England didn’t exactly fight to keep him around.

Goal post moving at it’s finest

Really? What’s the NEXT year got to do with the super bowl win?? Mans talking about the following season. Y’all a trip

We’re specifically talking about him helping NE win the chip, and you’re sitting here talking about the very next season. That has nothing to do with 2016 when they won :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
Lol ok. Meaning he did all that AND didn’t resign him. Cool keep going with this even though it’s been spelled out numerous times now

Lol ok. Meaning he did all that AND didn’t resign him. Cool keep going with this even though it’s been spelled out numerous times now

Bro, the question was who HELPED or was a top 3 reason (as RB) on Super bowl winning teams within the past 10-15 years and I mentioned Blount. Blount was 2nd in attempts, 299 and first in rushing TDs with 18 that 2016 season.

But your sitting here talking about the next year and him not being re-signed. That wasn’t the question:lol: :lol:

Him not being re-signed in 2017, had absolutely NOTHING to do with him winning a super bowl in 2016

But that is the question YOU have been posing about RBs getting resigned. Do you think Blount, who did all of that, helped lead to a SB, deserve resetting the market type of money?

But that is the question YOU have been posing about RBs getting resigned. Do you think Blount, who did all of that, helped lead to a SB, deserve resetting the market type of money?

Of course him caping for RBs would make that executive decision and knows more than NFL GMs :lol:

Then in the following year when he produces nothing, you look like a clown for resigning him for big money. Dude sounds like he’d extend anyone based off one solid year :lol:

Of course him caping for RBs would make that executive decision and knows more than NFL GMs :lol:

Then in the following year when he produces nothing, you look like a clown for resigning him for big money. Dude sounds like he’d extend anyone based off one solid year :lol:

Yeah… re-signing 30 year old Legerrett Blount to a 5 year, 75 million dollar deal is what I was talking about.

Blount was 30, and at the end of his career.

Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Chubb, and Dalvin are still in their prime at 25-27 years old…..

That’s why I didn’t answer.

We’re basically talking about RBs being devalued, elite backs in their prime not even being offered backup QB money.

Blount, Ray Rice, and Marshawn were all mentioned. Blount like I said was aging out but still had a big year. Marshawn and Rice were in their primes on those super bowl teams

Last edited:
So if Ray Rice and Marshawn Lynch are your examples of PRIME RBs winning Super Bowls then it’s been over almost a decade, man (Rice in 2013 and 2014). The football landscape in terms of how teams spend play and spend money has changed in that time. As the ceiling goes up for the top QBs, so will the floor for bridge QBs and backups.

The demand, whether it be an elite, middle of the pack, bridge, or prospect QB, will continue to remain the same even as the price increases because they have proven to be that important to winning a SB over the past decade. RBs, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom