NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the-rock-eye-roll.gif

camp is here :pimp:

im ready for the 100% meaningless daily updates from pats camp that i will most certainly work myself up into a shoot about :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Deadset #BelichickOut Tracker™ : 0

Last edited:
All three drafted by Gettleman. Andrew Thomas had a rough start but damn he looks good now. Our OL is not as bad as people try to make it be. And the timing of this is nasty, they just robbed Saquon and announce a huge deal. Saquon looking sadder and sadder.

I like the white helmets but should just bring back these jerseys. Orange or white.

IMG_7696.jpeg

Or these

IMG_7693.jpeg

Realistically, the Giants locking up their young talent at QB, LT and DT is a job well done this offseason for the future core of that squad. Overshadowed by the lack of a deal for Saquon, but I'd argue they have their priorities straight with the 3 they did sign.

I’d rank LT prob the 2nd most important position on a team. Our offensive line has improved but it hasn’t been really good. Was still ranked lower half of the league by the numbers.

Neal is going to need to make a huge jump at RT. He was ranked in one of the lowest percentile as a starting RT and struggled last year. I’m happy he was working with Willie Anderson and open/willing to work.

Guard and Center have still been a carousel though. They need to find their permanent starters.

Realistically, the Giants locking up their young talent at QB, LT and DT is a job well done this offseason for the future core of that squad. Overshadowed by the lack of a deal for Saquon, but I'd argue they have their priorities straight with the 3 they did sign.

Our LT and DT were All Pro last year, everyone knew they were getting paid.

According to analytics, Daniel was worse at throwing the ball than the year before. I don’t know how to put in quotes or in a spoiler, I’m old.

“It was important to have improvement in the RB-rushing game, because as a passer, Daniel Jonesactually didn't do very well outside the red zone.

In fact, he was worse in 2022 than he was in 2021 per most metrics:

2022: -0.03 EPA/att, 41.9% success, 7.0 YPA, 68% comp, 32% conversions on third down.

2021: 0.00 EPA/att, 43.1% success, 7.4 YPA, 68% comp, 36% conversions on third down.

Jones completed passes at an identical rate in 2022 despite his target depth decreasing from 7.6 air yards in 2021 to 6.7 air yards in 2022.

One solid area of improvement was reducing interceptions, dropping his interception rate from 2.2% in 2021 to 0.9% in 2022. But that came with a huge increase in his sack rate, from 5.3% in 2021 up to 8.7% in 2022.

The bottom line was Daniel Jones was a less efficient passer outside of the red zone in 2022 than he was in 2021.

In almost every key situation, he was worse in 2022.

Passes on first down averaged -0.06 EPA/attempt (lowest since his rookie year) and his 45.1% success rate was a career low.

His EPA/att on first downs ranked 38th out of 47 QBs.

His numbers when passing on third or fourth down were terrible. Jones averaged -0.16 EPA/attempt and a 36.6% success rate. Both were career lows. His completion percentage was only 56%, which was a career low by 5% (prior low was 61%) despite the fact that his air yards per attempt was only 7.1, a full two yards shorter than in 2021 (9.1). As a result of a low completion rate coupled with low target depth, his passes averaged just 6.0 YPA, exactly 2.5 yards fewer than in 2021 (8.5).

Out of 47 QBs last year, Jones ranked:

• 44th in percentage of throws to travel beyond the first down marker (only 37%)
  • 42nd n YPA (6.0)
  • 41st in target depth (7.1)
  • 39th in completion rate (56%)
  • 33rd in first down conversion rate (31%)
  • 26th in EPA/att (-0.16)
Jones posted career lows on first-down passing and on third/fourth-down passing, and was a bottom-10 QB out of 47 qualifying passers in multiple efficiency metrics on these downs.

These are shockingly bad numbers.

Because he completed 63% of passes that averaged 3.9 air yards per attempt?

Only 18% of these passes went beyond the line of scrimmage. The 3.9 air yards ranked 31st out of 36 QBs.

This is how you know it was the offense — Daboll and Kafka — rather than massive improvements from Jones as to why this offense scored more points and the team won more games.

And remember, outside the red zone, he was worse in 2022 than he was in 2021.”

They also for the first half of the season didn’t let him really open up the playbook or entrust the offense in him. That’s something you said in the giants thread numerous times at the beginning of the season.

You also have to take into context of, but seem to stop short of each time doing, who his receivers were. He had no true #1 and their receivers struggled to create any separation. You could argue at the end of the season Isaiah Hodgins was their best receiver and he only started in 5 games, played sparingly in 3 prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom