NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burrow next up :nerd:
download (21).jpeg

Became the highest paid player in the league with Fred VanVleet guaranteed money, NFL owners are modern oil barons :lol:

53 man rosters vs 15 man rosters

82 games vs 17 games

Internationally, basketball >>>>>> American football

Basketball is a global game.

I love football but it’s not realistic for them to make that type of dough

53 man rosters vs 15 man rosters

82 games vs 17 games

Internationally, basketball >>>>>> American football

Basketball is a global game.

I love football but it’s not realistic for them to make that type of dough
Even with taking that into account, it's a much much bigger pie in the NFL though.

They make almost double the revenue the NBA as a whole does even with all those extra games.

Now when you divide that up among NFL players, each player gets $4.717 million yearly on average while NBA players get $17.8 million on average relative to their revenue.

They absolutely could afford to give players big pay bumps and even guaranteed contracts while still dominating the other leagues money wise with the continiously and ever increasing mammoth TV deals the league signs but it's a deeply ingrained cultural thing within the sport at this point.

Owners have made out like bandits successfully used the media and other avenues to turn fans against players demanding their values worth and make examples out of them as they continue raking in unimaginable amounts of money in the background off their backs.

It's not a matter of can they afford to at all :lol:. It's just there's zero will to with the reality they've created for themselves which is always reinforced by the lack of solidarity within the NFL player fraternity when it comes to salaries. They've successfully created a sort of caste/class system within it where a majority of players are pushed into having little choice but to toe the company line to continue to get their scraps and the owners will always continue to stoke and play that divide between the middle and upper class of players and the rest to their advantage. They've made it a rigged game

i hope the AFC West is more competitive as a whole this year. i think it will be but man last year was a let down. i know the beat us down but we were trash. meant more like all of them in the playoff hunt and what not :lol:

What was Herberts guarantee? Up to $215M?

I had to take a look at Lamars deal and forgot how solid his deal ended up being (based on all the crap he had to go through).

Burrows bag will be even bigger and then Mahommes will restructure before week 1 to have the highest avg per year

I feel like thats why it was such a hassle for Lamar. Your not supposed to buck the system. That being said his last two seasons werent exactly great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom