NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You telling every athlete that or just Tom?

We’re telling it to the 45 year old man who has nothing left to prove and is now clearly showing signs he should’ve walked away when he said he would last offseason.

I’ve seen so many men who are at the office late into the night not because they need to be, but because they don’t want to go home to their families. Tom is showing us he’s that guy in the sports world.

Damn, Tom.

shrug-whiz-khalifa.gif

For all saying it sucks for the kids… I agree but…

Their massive trust funds are still in tact. The nannys that actually raise them will still be there. Their dad is still the goat. Their mom is still the goat. They’ll be fine.

Very sad about the Thomas and Giselle divorce. I feel bad for the kids. With that said, Thomas seems to be a workaholic similar to many of us. If you aren't doing what you're good at you're never happy. The sad reality is that football gives him meaning and nothing else will do unless he gets therapy. Even before my mom died work was so important to me. Money, a happy marriage, possessions, etc didn't matter. If I wasn't billing one more hour I was miserable. It wasn't until seeing my mom die that I've started to understand that family, friends and being a decent person are what really matters. When I'm on my death bed no one will care how many hours I billed, how many clients I have, how many things I have. I want people to say that I was a decent person that made a decent impact on their life. Tom Brady will be remembered as the GOAT by football people but how will his family remember him? I hope he is a good person to them because wasting away on a football field doesn't seem great.

For all saying it sucks for the kids… I agree but…

Their massive trust funds are still in tact. The nannys that actually raise them will still be there. Their dad is still the goat. Their mom is still the goat. They’ll be fine.
Now their son(s) will only have to make out with Tom half the time.

Very sad about the Thomas and Giselle divorce. I feel bad for the kids. With that said, Thomas seems to be a workaholic similar to many of us. If you aren't doing what you're good at you're never happy. The sad reality is that football gives him meaning and nothing else will do unless he gets therapy. Even before my mom died work was so important to me. Money, a happy marriage, possessions, etc didn't matter. If I wasn't billing one more hour I was miserable. It wasn't until seeing my mom die that I've started to understand that family, friends and being a decent person are what really matters. When I'm on my death bed no one will care how many hours I billed, how many clients I have, how many things I have. I want people to say that I was a decent person that made a decent impact on their life. Tom Brady will be remembered as the GOAT by football people but how will his family remember him? I hope he is a good person to them because wasting away on a football field doesn't seem great.
Wow.

Beautiful

It's people in this thread who needs to read this cause they believe football > family.

EYE won't @ them though.

I don't think it's even about loving football or not loving family enough, I think a lot of men (and women) are afraid of retirement. The fear of what do I do with my free time?

My dad retired in July and is loving every bit of it. Waking up whenever, find new hobbies, learning new things. My mom on the other hand was supposed to retire this month, but has pushed it to January, maybe later. The excuse of making sure she has even position on her team filled or not leaving without her replacement hired and fully trained or some other none factor. I talked with her extensively and she told me her fear was just not knowing what to do with life without deadlines, meetings and the feeling of being needed everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom